What are the most overused Pokemon?

What the title says. Most people use these Pokemon because they're just too damn powerful. I'm trying to craft the perfect team using these Pokemon so that way I can test the theory that these guys should be strong enough to defeat most challengers.

Any suggestions?

Since both are very different, I'm going to make two categories: Ones that are related to weather on most occasions, and ones that aren't related to weather on most occasions.

Non-Weather: Breloom, Ferrothorn, Scizor, Chandelure, Terrakion (though this might be common in sandstorm teams too), Genesect, Rotom-W.

Weather (First to last: Sand, Rain, then Sun (because only I use Hail in OU...)):Tyranitar, Excadrill, Garchomp, Politoed, Toxicroak, Ludicolo, Kingdra, Ninetales, Charizard.

I hate some of these more than others ._.

Well, take your pick, would you make a clear skies team of overused pokemon, or a weather team of overused pokemon?

Also, keep in mind that there are other pokemon who are just as effective but not as overused, such as Jirachi and Gliscor.

Edited by BeaverRoo

• 2 months later...

Hippo4uberz cuz it is used on bulky offense lolol

Buut, I'd say Terrakion and genesect. Both of them check each other weakness and both of them change BW metagame. Terrakion was almost banned in BW1 iirc, it was the biggest threat of the meta without doubt.

Genesect is getting suspected for ubers, and he'd be ban witthout doubt. You know a poke is good when everyone run 4 SDef EV so he can have a +1 atk boost,instead of +SPa.

• Chansey: It's not a good mixed wall despite what people think. It can't use items because Eviolite takes up the slot. It is also extremely predictable and is dead meat before any Pokemon with over 400 HP, especially Darmanitan.
  • DD Dragonite: You need 2 Dances to be the best sweeper as it is still outsped by pretty much every Scarfer going, and can't survive a +1 STAB Outrage even with Multiscale. In other words, it's a terrible revenge killer vs Pokemon that have already boosted. Oh, and SR disables Multiscale.
  • Rotom-W. It's not that bulky, and Pain Split is its only recovery.
  • Charizard. If it's not in sun, it's not that good as it's double-weak to rock, weak to water. Hell even IN sun it's not that good.

On a final note, I don't at all agree with Roo the Baka or Unknown Guy except Charizard and Rotom-W.

Hippo4uberz cuz it is used on bulky offense lolol

Buut, I'd say Terrakion and genesect. Both of them check each other weakness and both of them change BW metagame. Terrakion was almost banned in BW1 iirc, it was the biggest threat of the meta without doubt.

Genesect is getting suspected for ubers, and he'd be ban witthout doubt. You know a poke is good when everyone run 4 SDef EV so he can have a +1 atk boost,instead of +SPa.

Is it funny that I haven't seen a single Terrakion since BW2?

But I definetely agree on Genesect. Poltoeds and Tyranitars are also seemingly common right now, along with Ferrothorn and Skarmory.