Sigmund Connal Electivire

RedAlert

Not sure where to post this, but I'll just as well do it here for now.

Has Sigmund Connal's (the evil doctor) Electivire been given some serious boosts? I recall playing with Electivire once and it was fragile as glass, even resisted hits could take it down. However, Cain's Nidoking has trouble taking it down even with three Poison Tails. I am able to work my way around it, but I was curious to know if his Electivire's stats had been really upped because it manages to take down everything with a single attack while also shrugging off high power attacks.

TL;DR: Just curious to know whether Electivire's stats have been altered.

9 minutes ago, RedAlert said:

Not sure where to post this, but I'll just as well do it here for now.

Has Sigmund Connal's (the evil doctor) Electivire been given some serious boosts? I recall playing with Electivire once and it was fragile as glass, even resisted hits could take it down. However, Cain's Nidoking has trouble taking it down even with three Poison Tails. I am able to work my way around it, but I was curious to know if his Electivire's stats had been really upped because it manages to take down everything with a single attack while also shrugging off high power attacks.

TL;DR: Just curious to know whether Electivire's stats have been altered.

I don't think it's stats are altered really.

The only reason it gains stat boost is due to it's ability Motor drive and field advantage (i.e Short circuit field)

I believe it has more to to with Cain's Nidoking being weak rather than Electivire being bulky. Even on other mons, poison tail stab hits doesn't seem to be hitting as hard as it should.

10 minutes ago, TwinAero said:

I believe it has more to to with Cain's Nidoking being weak rather than Electivire being bulky. Even on other mons, poison tail stab hits doesn't seem to be hitting as hard as it should.

Odd considering his Nidoking is fully capable of almost OHKOing a defensive Tropius, which has tremendous bulk. Also, a Rose Incense-strengthened Leaf Blade from a Sceptile doesn't even do half HP damage, while a non-Rose Incense Leaf Blade took Kiki's Gallade all the way to red HP, no critical hits. Electivire and Gallade have similar bulk (Electivire being a bit better in terms of HP and Physical Defense) but surely it shouldn't have that much of variation.

39 minutes ago, Paul25 said:

The only reason it gains stat boost is due to it's ability Motor drive and field advantage (i.e Short circuit field)

Yeah but I'm not talking about its offensive stats, I'm talking about its general inability to take hits, while Sigmund's in reborn seems to be taking hits fairly easily.

Sigmund's Electivire most likely has maxed or at least very high defensive IV specifically to make it less frail; it's supposed to be his Ace after all.

Cain's Nidoking, assuming he didn't switch it out at some point, also got Intimidated by Sigmund's Luxray right at the start, so his Attack isn't at its best. It's also possible that Cain's Pokémon have different stats when he's partnered with you then when he's fighting you.

8 minutes ago, Gentleman Jaggi said:

Sigmund's Electivire most likely has maxed or at least very high defensive IV specifically to make it less frail; it's supposed to be his Ace after all.

Cain's Nidoking, assuming he didn't switch it out at some point, also got Intimidated by Sigmund's Luxray right at the start, so his Attack isn't at its best. It's also possible that Cain's Pokémon have different stats when he's partnered with you then when he's fighting you.

Yeah I guess that makes sense. I did consider the Intimidate but didn't think it'd make that much of a difference.

Thanks anyways

4 minutes ago, RedAlert said:

I did consider the Intimidate but didn't think it'd make that much of a difference.

From what I've seen Intimidate is considered a highly usefull ability in competitive play, so I guess that -1 in Atk does have more of an effect than you'd expect.

It does make sense, if you think about it: the higher the Atk stat of the afflicted Pokémon, the more it loses with that -1.

6 hours ago, Gentleman Jaggi said:

From what I've seen Intimidate is considered a highly usefull ability in competitive play, so I guess that -1 in Atk does have more of an effect than you'd expect.

It does make sense, if you think about it: the higher the Atk stat of the afflicted Pokémon, the more it loses with that -1.

Ah yes, Nidoking does have a pretty good Attack stat, so Intimidate does drop more of the Attack stat than others. I just feel that Intimidate on Great Attack --> still Good Attack

intimidate leaves you with only 67% of your original attack stat, meaning that your attack loses one third of its power. its more important than you would think at first glance.

if your pokemon had 300 attack originally, it goes down to a mere 200 after intimidate does its stuff. so yeah.

fuck that electivire.