Fan games that I am waiting for

Yagami

Until a year ago,I knew nothing about pokemon games.Then I saw pokemon fan games which made me interested to play these games.I have already played pokemon reborn,pokemon rejuvenation,pokemon insurgence,pokemon full moon,pokemon zeta,pokemon desolation and pokemon spork.

I am really surprised with the creativity and the idea different people show in their game.Currently I am waiting for these games:

Pokemon Phoenix Rising
Pokemon Azurite

Pokemon Kanto Series

Pokemon Xenogene

Pokemon Symphonic Horizon
Pokemon Defience

These games are still in development.Hopefully I can play these when they are finished.I also want to know some of the games you are waiting for.

pokemon phoenix rising ( i wish i could sprite, but my spriting skills are meh)

also waiting for V5 of deolation

Spork the full game

E17 reborn

V10 rejuvenation

V9 (?) fullmoon

Heat wave/blizzard V1

dark light V1

20 minutes ago, GS BALL said:

Phoenix Rising seems to be a very ambitious and well polished game. Most pokemaniacs are waiting over this one... I hope it doesn't draw in too much unwanted attention from N.

And the final content update to Uranium (3 legendaries and pirate haven).

Uranium? i thought this game died and they wont update it

Insurgence brought in my opinion a new feel to the game with the cults and all

Reborn is the one that started it all, after it was made other games started showing up and each one was better then the last, the plot the story, you can actually play a game and feel really involved

Rejuvenation is i would like to think Reborns younger sister, and i love everything about it, the plot espacially the grand dream city ark of episode 9 witch was mindblowing, really great storyline

Desolation was just an ok game for me when I first heard of it then I started palying it and the choices that you made effected the game drastically, sometimes I would find myself thinking about 10 minutes before actually choosing

Phoenic Rising i heard a lot of great things about it and people also have said that it will be the greatest pokemon fangame, but everyone has their own opinions cant wait for its completion

And these are the main ones in my eyes but if ur looking for a complete game theres always Uranium (fantastic plot) but if u are not really a fan of fakemon theres pokemon zeta/omicron another work of Suzerain the creator of Insurgence and while theyre a bit too plain in my opinion theres 80 hours of playtime in there and theres optins as randomizer, nuzlock and more that can spice up the game for sure

Just now, Another Retired Shipper said:

Uranium? i thought this game died and they wont update it

Supposedly there are a few people still working on it 'under our noses'

Well, My favourites are as follows:

1. Insurgence V2 (First ever played fan made game)

2. Reborn EP 17 (Obviously)

3. Rejuvenation V10 (Waiting for the tournament)

4. Guess what? 

Spoiler

4. A game made by one of our Extraordinary mod.

I really want the over world gen 7 sprites...

1 hour ago, Jess said:

@Yagami Also try pokemon Apex. Nice plot, differently-centered way of game advancing (no badges) and same graphics as Reborn/Rejuvenation/Desolation.

I actually tried pokemon apex but some of the things in the were very hard for me.I didn't notice that my pokemons were levelcapped at 20 and i can only carry 3 pokemons.Then I have to pay to heal up after arriving through a route,a cave,another small route.In the cave,I would have to fight a guy and lose some of my hp then buy potions from him.I also had 3 game crashes in only 5 hour gameplay.Whereas I never had corrupted save file or game crashes in other game.

Also keep up with your monotype run.I enjoy it very much.

• Global Mods
7 hours ago, Paul25 said:

Well, My favourites are as follows:

1. Insurgence V2 (First ever played fan made game)

2. Reborn EP 17 (Obviously)

3. Rejuvenation V10 (Waiting for the tournament)

4. Guess what? 

Reveal hidden contents

4. A game made by one of our Extraordinary mod.

I really want the over world gen 7 sprites...

I'm not sure if you saw the edit to my post yesterday, but after the follower Pokemon in Rejuv came out, I re-uploaded with the Gen 7 Pokemon overworld sprites from there into Spork. It's still not all of them, but it's a lot more.

9 hours ago, Another Retired Shipper said:

pokemon phoenix rising ( i wish i could sprite, but my spriting skills are meh)

also waiting for V5 of deolation

Spork the full game

E17 reborn

V10 rejuvenation

V9 (?) fullmoon

Heat wave/blizzard V1

dark light V1

You can expect full moon v9 to come out very soon as it says on the site that they plan to release it the start of july

- Reborn: Come on, you know why. Pretty much everyone that has signed up on this forum is waiting for Reborn's updates.

- Desolation: I'm not entirely sure why, but this fangame has clicked with me in a way that no other one has. It's to the point where I've gotten in touch with the creator and now assist in writing sidequests for the game. (The sidequest with the four Fairy Pokemon? That's from me. Same for the entire photoshoot sidequest which is intended to extend through much of the game.)

- Rejuvenation: To be honest, I never thought much of this fangame until very recently, even though I started on Episode 3 and continued following it since. The mere fact that the latest update overhauled map design to remove much of the frustrating maze-like padding in some areas, axed much of the edgelord crap in the writing, and now has actual character development for its major NPCs instead of checking off a trope checklist is a big plus, and now it's probably my favorite fangame of the bunch.

- Legends of the Arena: A simple plot with hilariously good writing, what's not to love?

- Apex: Has a very unique plot with well-written characters, though the early gameplay is a bit hit or miss in terms of pacing.

Edited by Alilatias

4 hours ago, Yagami said:

I actually tried pokemon apex but some of the things in the were very hard for me.I didn't notice that my pokemons were levelcapped at 20 and i can only carry 3 pokemons.Then I have to pay to heal up after arriving through a route,a cave,another small route.In the cave,I would have to fight a guy and lose some of my hp then buy potions from him.I also had 3 game crashes in only 5 hour gameplay.Whereas I never had corrupted save file or game crashes in other game.

Also keep up with your monotype run.I enjoy it very much.

Yes, I noticed those issues too... For some reason they make you starve for money, and the gaps between raising the level cap is too big, while your team is limited to 3 members at a time. This creates type coverage issues, and gives a feeling of battling for the sake of battling, since your mons earn nothing (no Exp., no new moves, maybe just a couple EVs). But I did like the concept of parallel worlds and how they remove the badge way of thinking, without hurting the story!

Finally, of course I will continue my Poison monorun, and got a couple more challenges I want to start.. When summer holidays begin and I get more free time from PhD responsibilities, I will probably start doing more about these things! :) 

2 hours ago, GS BALL said:

No, far from it! Lately, they even added lots of fixes and content, like animations for pokemon during battle, Neopunk, Praseopunk and Beta Urayne! The online is up and running since a very long time now. The takedown did affect the game, but only temporarily... Everything has been restored and even improved upon, few months after the C&D!

Similarly, other fangames flourish, despite C&Ds! In fact, C&D actually becomes the beginning of a game's NEW LIFE, even! Like Streets of Rage Remake v5.1 (supposedly ceased right at 5.0), for example; but the fangames that actually outlive their takedown, are many! Besides, even if they are ceased, you can still download them (like that excellent, "Another Metroid 2 Remake")! 

But Uranium especially, is due to being finalized! Soon, the Pirate Heaven, the 3 legendaries and the pirate boss, will be added! Seriously, you missed lots of content and even more fun! They hold out regular Mysterygifts, especially on holidays, with perfect IV mon infected from Pokerus, shinies, holiday themed ones, etc!

I stopped playing when Yutagariyu destroyes the tournament :3 anyway i dont know where to follow the news or even download the game anymore

As for IVs and Pokérus i dont care abt Ivs nor Evs, same goes for pokérus, i only soft reset to get decent natures

I mess with pretty much all the games that have been mentioned here. One that caught me by surprise by being enjoyable was Pokemon Academy Life. I've never been into games like this, but I actually got into it. It's a visual novel with Pokemon characters you know and love (or hate) and it has a battle system (in beta at the moment). There is a demo available and I recommend because you might end up liking it too.