GNARLY! A Poison Mono (HIATUS)

Revan

Gnarly! A Poison Mono, Episode 12 (With GIFs!)

The team so far-

Crobat / "Bruce" Level 36

crobat-2.gif

Moves: Poison Fang, Astonish, Bite, Acrobatics

Ability: Infiltrator

Item: N/A

Toxicroak / "Funky Gunky" Level 37

toxicroak-3.gif

Moves: Gunk Shot, Drain Punch, Power-Up Punch, Sucker Punch

Ability: Poison Touch

Gengar / "Mustard" Level 37

gengar-3.gif

Moves: Shadow Ball, Psychic, Sucker Punch, Curse

Ability: Levitate

Venusaur / "Earl" Level 35

venusaur.gif

Moves: Razor Leaf, Petal Dance, Double-Edge, Leech Seed

Ability: Overgrow

Roselia / "Brometheus" Level 35

roselia.gif

Moves: Growth, Cut, Giga Drain, Toxic Spikes

Ability: Natural Cure

Item: Big Root

Skrelp / "SCREE" Level 36

skrelp-2.gif

Moves: Acid, Water Pulse, Dragon Pulse, Shadow Ball

Ability: Adaptablity (Thanks, Ability Capsule!)

In PC: Reginald the Nidoking, Junker the Trubbish, and Harry the Spinarak

Our character is Revan, the blonde non-binary character

Pocket Change: $3,698

Mod(s) Installed: The excellent TMX Mod, allowing you to use TMXs even without teaching them to a Pokemon, so long as you have the TMX and the Badge required. I also have the no TMX animation mod installed.

------------------------------------------------------------

In this episode:

1) We battle Cain

2) Watch a kidnapping

3) Save the victim of said kidnapping!

This episode starts as we head to find Cain, and get the Wasteland Key!

He challenges us to a battle, and it begins now!

I send out Earl, and he starts with Dewott. Dewott goes down to a Petal Dance. The rest of the fight is a Mustard sweep, not even worth typing out. RIP Cain. 

Anyway, after the battle, that brat Heather shows up, and starts bitching when all Cain is doing is offering to be her friend. She then flies off, and Cain leaves us without giving us the damn key. Which is like, uncool x3. Whatever. Now, I have to go to Lapis Ward to find Heather and our friend. 

When we arrive in Lapis, Heather continues to be a bitch, ordering Shelly around. Cain points this out, and like the brat she is, she screams about it, unable to keep her mouth shut. She then storms out, and Cain follows, telling us to join because she's only going to keep hurting herself. If it wasn't important to the story, I wish I could just leave her to her own devices. She's kinda one of my least favorite characters. But, we follow anyway, and watch Heather get kidnapped. Though I don't mind the quiet, I do dislike that creepy doctor, and also dislike kidnappings. I go to the PC, switch Brometheus for Reginald to help deal with all those electric types, and level up Reginald to 36. It's now time to meet Cain and Shelly in front of the orphanage to rescue Heather, as well as the rest of the kids there. 

After we rescue Heather and the other kids, everyone escapes to the Underground Railnet, where we follow. The door to the next area is locked down, so I have to fight Shade. We head to the Beryl power plant, and walk in. After watching all of Shade's death scenes, we're now prepared to fight him. 

But, we'll do that next time. (In about 30 minutes.) My PC is seriously lagging, so I have to cut this episode short, and restart my PC. See ya all soon!

Good job :) The sprites are a great touch gotta say @Revan! ;) 

I love this sequence of game, because Anna is probably my favourite character. She is seriously smart, considerate, caring, strong and cute too!

4 minutes ago, Jess said:

Good job :) The sprites are a great touch gotta say @Revan! ;) 

I love this sequence of game, because Anna is probably my favourite character. She is seriously smart, considerate, caring, strong and cute too!

Thanks! I like Anna, too. She is pretty cute. My favorites are Florinia and Cain. Florinia because she's my future wife, and Cain because he's just a really nice guy.

On the next level, I like Shelly. Because, despite all her flaws, she's a sweet person.

Gnarly! A Poison Mono, Episode 13 (With Video!)

The team so far-

crobat-2.gif

Toxicroak / "Funky Gunky" Level 40

toxicroak-3.gif

Item: Poison Barb

Gengar / "Mustard" Level 41

gengar-3.gif

Moves: Shadow Ball, Psychic, Sucker Punch, Focus Blast 

Item: Spell Tag

Venusaur / "Earl" Level 37

venusaur.gif

Roselia / "Brometheus" Level 37

roselia.gif

Moves: Growth, Petal Storm, Giga Drain, Toxic Spikes

Item: Black Sludge

Skrelp / "SCREE" Level 39

skrelp-2.gif

Moves: Sludge Bomb, Water Pulse, Dragon Pulse, Shadow Ball

Item: I don't even remember, haha

Pocket Change: $23,906

Mod(s) Installed: The excellent TMX Mod, allowing you to use TMXs even without teaching them to a Pokemon, so long as you have the TMX and the Badge required. I also have the no TMX animation mod installed.

/NOTE/: No Shade Play-by-Play, as my PC crashed when I was typing it up. Sorry!

After beating Shade, and turning on the power plant, we witness our friends (and Heather) getting kidnapped! Cain luckily escaped, and we're on our way to the railnet to check up on him now. When we get there, we don't find Cain. Instead, we find Victoria. We're informed that we need Strength, and that Cain sped off to get it. We're now chasing him down to the Coral Ward, where we meet Amara. She invites us to a factory in Peridot, and we accept the invitation. 

Also! I got my video software to work. 

As you can see here, Mustard is the destroyer of worlds. Amara takes on an army of grunts with 2 Pokemon, and we're sent out to deal with the rest. We then fall into a trap hole, and into a chamber filled with Pokemon. After solving the puzzle (shown in the video), we dash to our next "challenge". Some grunts. 

In the above video, Solaris tries to KILL me, I kick Zel's pasty ass, and then Amara gets socked by a Tyrannitar. Can't decide if it's a good day or not. 

Anyway, I would have done it with commentary, but I'm not comfortable sharing my voice. So, my crappy text recaps will have to do.

What we learned from this episode:

Revan's PC is laggy as all hell

Don't turn your back on Solaris

Amara needs to learn to take a friggin punch.

Tune in next time, for a less experimental, more refined episode.

I'd consider this the worst comedy ever written, wouldn't you?

Gnarly! A Poison Mono, Episode 14 (CALifornia)

The team so far-

crobat-2.gif

Toxicroak / "Funky Gunky" Level 41

toxicroak-3.gif

Gengar / "Mustard" Level 42

gengar-3.gif

venusaur.gif

roselia.gif

skrelp-2.gif

Pocket Change: $35,815

This episode begins with us arriving on the beach. Ah, California. With its beautiful ashy waters, the nice sand, and the GIANT volcano. Also, there's a fighting academy.

Let's enroll there!

--Sadly, we can't actually enroll for meditation and whatnot

--Kiki, Victoria's teacher, gives us a test. Kick Cal's ass, and we're worthy. Fail to kick his ass, and we're not worthy. Easy peasy. I've got my trusty squad here, ready for WAR

So, on our way up the mountain, we have to unclog a bunch of holes something I'm not experienced with. Just saying, lmao

We also pick up a firestone, and see a Heatmoor, the Swag Pokemon. With its abundance of fly diggityness, it hurts us not to catch it. I'll be back for you in the fire run, my son! I promise!

Seriously, why wouldn't you love a FLAMING ANT-EATER OF DEATH AND DESTRUCTION? That's heckin' cool!

Before we fight Cal, we take a little break. Cook up some Kool-Aid, boil some fruitloops, and grill the Easter Eggs for Christmas Brunch. 

MMMMM. A good birthday treat. 

After fighting Cal, we head back to the academy through the mountain, and Kiki tells us we need to fight her. We'll do that next time. 

For now, all you people should lay back, relax and avoid thinking about me. Trust me, it's healthy. 

Gnarly! A Poison Mono, Episode 15: Crobatman VS Kiki

The team so far-

Crobat / "Bruce" Level 40

crobat-2.gif

Toxicroak / "Funky Gunky" Level 41

toxicroak-3.gif

Gengar / "Mustard" Level 43

gengar-3.gif

venusaur.gif

roselia.gif

skrelp-2.gif

Pocket Change: $40,005

Hello, hello~! Believe it or not, this monorun is already on episode 15. And, it's still as unfunny as ever. Man, my career as a comedian isn't looking too good, eh?

Well, whatever. We start out this episode with our battle against Victoria, who can't seem to stop getting in our way! She doesn't get that Bruce and Mustard can ravage her ENTIRE team. Regardless, the video of the battle is down below. 

Next, we COULD battle Kiki, but I'd rather steal a TV in exchange for a sticker, so I'll go ahead and do that. 

We finish stealing a giant ass TV, and hauling it across the academy without getting caught. Kiki may be calm, but she's not observant. We get our department store sticker, and head down to challenge Kiki herself. 

//Dudes. Someone point me in the direction of new recording software. My Debut free trial ran out as I finished the Victoria battle, and I am dirt poor. So, anything FREE would be awesome. Thanks.//

We're back to ye ol play-by-play. Which, I guess is fine. 

The battle starts!

I send out Bruce, she sends out Machamp. Bruce uses acrobatics, bringing it down to the red. Bruce tanks a rock slide. Kiki wastes an Ultra Potion just for Bruce to crit the next acrobatics, and take it out. Her next Pokemon is Galade, so I decide that switching into Mustard is the best course of action here. Mustard takes Galade out with a Shadow Ball, and levels up to 44, learning Dark Pulse! 

Her next Pokemon is a Lucario. We decide to keep Mustard in. Mustard uses Focus Blast, killing the Lucario instantly. Her next Pokemon is a Toxicroak. We keep Mustard out for some Psychic shenanigans. It uses Sucker Punch, heavily damaging Mustard, but Mustard lives. He takes it out with a Psychic. To deal with her Hitmonlee, we send out Bruce once more. Hitmonlee outspeeds Bruce (I was not expecting that), and takes him down with a knockoff. We respond by sending in Funky Gunky. Hitmonlee uses Meditate, and Funky Gunky crits the Gunk Shot, taking it out. Her final Pokemon is Medicham. We switch out Funky Gunky for good ol Mustard (who's gonna be receiving a common candy after this). Mustard crits the Shadow Ball, winning the battle for us! But just before we can get our badge, Kiki faints! Man, I only wanted to knock out her Pokemon!

After Kiki kicks us out of her room, Victoria tells us that Cain never made it to the beach. In fact, he likely got lost on Azurine island. Or, something could have happened to him. 

Stay tuned, because you'll find out... next time!

Hey. I'd just like to throw the notice out there that this playthrough is going on hiatus until further notice, due to the fact that I feel like trying something new. Sorry to the few of you that enjoy this run.

But, fear not! I'm starting an Electric monorun shortly! Look for it in your local junkyard!

5 minutes ago, Revan said:

Hey. I'd just like to throw the notice out there that this playthrough is going on hiatus until further notice, due to the fact that I feel like trying something new. Sorry to the few of you that enjoy this run.

But, fear not! I'm starting an Electric monorun shortly! Look for it in your local junkyard!

Awwww, our Poison parallel runs aren't gonna be parallel anymore... But that's fine, might give me time to catch up with you :D 

I'll follow your Electrifying monorun too, of course! Bzzzt!

(I also got a random shiny Electrike during my Poison monorun, if you want it, it's yours :D)

2 minutes ago, Jess said:

Awwww, our Poison parallel runs aren't gonna be parallel anymore... But that's fine, might give me time to catch up with you :D 

I'll follow your Electrifying monorun too, of course! Bzzzt!

(I also got a random shiny Electrike during my Poison monorun, if you want it, it's yours :D)

I'll take it, thanks!

And thanks for following along. Bzzzt!