Critical Error when starting Rejuvenation *UPDATED*

*UPDATE* So I switched Pokemon Rejuvenation to my second HDD partition, and it suddenly works. That means that something happened with the first partition in accordance to whatever i messed up then. Anyone knows how I can revert whatever it is? Thank you.

Hope this is the right sections, since I'm guessing it's not a bug.

I was using cheat engine to run the game at x2 speed (Shiny hunting and all). I talked to the kecleon merchant for the sidequest, which is basically impossible at that speed. Either way, I seem to have messed something up and the game doesn't want to start anymore. I tried deleting it, deleting the saved files, restarting my laptop and even downloading the patch for it. No matter what I do, I keep getting this error.

Just to recap, the error pops up as soon as the rejuvenation window pops up. No music, intro or nothing.

Any help is appreciated :)

Error.png

Edited by Myst Desdemona
Update

1 hour ago, Myst Desdemona said:

*UPDATE* So I switched Pokemon Rejuvenation to my second HDD partition, and it suddenly works. That means that something happened with the first partition in accordance to whatever i messed up then. Anyone knows how I can revert whatever it is? Thank you.

Hope this is the right sections, since I'm guessing it's not a bug.

I was using cheat engine to run the game at x2 speed (Shiny hunting and all). I talked to the kecleon merchant for the sidequest, which is basically impossible at that speed. Either way, I seem to have messed something up and the game doesn't want to start anymore. I tried deleting it, deleting the saved files, restarting my laptop and even downloading the patch for it. No matter what I do, I keep getting this error.

Just to recap, the error pops up as soon as the rejuvenation window pops up. No music, intro or nothing.

Any help is appreciated :)

Error.png

Just start the game and it should work fine :) 

If it doesn't make sure that your save file is placed in correct place:

C:/users/your username/saved games/pokemon rejuvenation.

It will be named as game.rxdata

@S.paul Thank you for the reply! :)

I tried that actually, and the save folder is in the correct place. The error still pops up however. I am at the very least able to play the game as long as it is in the second partition,but I'd like to find a solution regardless since I might screw up again in the future and I only have two HDD partitions xD

5 minutes ago, Myst Desdemona said:

@S.paul Thank you for the reply! :)

I tried that actually, and the save folder is in the correct place. The error still pops up however. I am at the very least able to play the game as long as it is in the second partition,but I'd like to find a solution regardless since I might screw up again in the future and I only have two HDD partitions xD

If that's the case then close CE.

You should use the alt in game button to speed up the game 3x. :D 

You're welcome ;) 

Edit: What message the error gives? I can't clearly read it :( @Myst Desdemona

Edited by S.paul

Just now, S.paul said:

If that's the case then close CE.

You should use the alt in game button to speed up the game 3x. :D 

You're welcome ;) 

It's already closed. I tried again just to be sure, and the error still pops up like a nuisance.

The reason I don't use the alt key is that I keep using enter, making he screen go full and then cropping on a small bit of it. I know I could use c but it's a force of habit since I always use enter.

1 minute ago, Myst Desdemona said:

It's already closed. I tried again just to be sure, and the error still pops up like a nuisance.

The reason I don't use the alt key is that I keep using enter, making he screen go full and then cropping on a small bit of it. I know I could use c but it's a force of habit since I always use enter.

What message the error gives?

I can't read it clear ly :( 

On 19/06/2017 at 7:21 PM, S.paul said:

What message the error gives?

I can't read it clear ly :( 

Critical Error C0000005 at address 6E033990

That's the error message.

I have stumbled across a second problem however, not sure if I should make a new thread for it.

The tropius quest in kakori village doesn't seem to start. I accept it, make my way to the tropius (Which isn't in the southernmost like the quest says) and it just says the tropius is content. I've been touring the entire jungle for like an hour and didn't find another Tropius oranything. I tried to cancel the quest and retake it but nothing happened.

28 minutes ago, Myst Desdemona said:

Critical Error C0000005 at address 6E033990

That's the error message.

I have stumbled across a second problem however, not sure if I should make a new thread for it.

The tropius quest in kakori village doesn't seem to start. I accept it, make my way to the tropius (Which isn't in the southernmost like the quest says) and it just says the tropius is content. I've been touring the entire jungle for like an hour and didn't find another Tropius oranything. I tried to cancel the quest and retake it but nothing happened.

Yeah! The same problem occurred to me :( 

Finally I figured it out :) 

Just continue your way to valor mountain (You will see one house) and the event will activate :D 

1 hour ago, S.paul said:

Yeah! The same problem occurred to me :( 

Finally I figured it out :) 

Just continue your way to valor mountain (You will see one house) and the event will activate :D 

That can't be right lol. I just surfed where you told me on my way to valor mountain and then a random conversation starts and says i finished the quest. I'm guessing it's already reported though.

Either way, thank you :)

5 minutes ago, Myst Desdemona said:

That can't be right lol. I just surfed where you told me on my way to valor mountain and then a random conversation starts and says i finished the quest. I'm guessing it's already reported though.

Either way, thank you :)

Yeah! It's already reported :P 

You're welcome :) 

1 hour ago, S.paul said:

Yeah! It's already reported :P 

You're welcome :) 

I hate to turn this post into a self-help general thing, but I'mstuck, again. The research mission. I can only find one in Teila town, the woman in the ranger outpost, where is the second one?

*EDIT: I'm blind. He's hiding under a tree xD

Edited by Myst Desdemona