Looking for Pokemon, mainly starters, Gastly, Magikarp, and strong ones. I need shiny ones too.

Slave Owner

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Slave Owner said:

@S.paul No problem. Don't worry. Can I ask you something? 5IVs mean that the pokemon has 31 points points, or more than the total of 31x5?

5ivs means a pokemon which has perfect 31 5ivs.

Enjoy :D 

But, isn't for example a pokemon with 3 perfect IVs and 3 almost perfect (lets say 28,30,27) better than one which has 5 perfect IVs and a 0 on the 6th category? Or isn't this the case?

Thank you very much. I am starting to learn about the IVs, so now I am focusing on better ones. So, these will come in handy. :D 

Edited by Slave Owner

26 minutes ago, Slave Owner said:

But, isn't for example a pokemon with 3 perfect IVs and 3 almost perfect (lets say 28,30,27) better than one which has 5 perfect IVs and a 0 on the 6th category? Or isn't this the case?

Thank you very much. I am starting to learn about the IVs, so now I am focusing on better ones. So, these will come in handy. :D 

The Ivs which you mentioned are not perfect but they are decent not better then that of 5ivs.

Breeding tips:

Do consider holding destiny knot to either of the parents so that 5 random IVs are generated from either of them.

In addition to destiny knot,You can also let a mon hold an EV enhancing item (such as power anklet to ensure that speed Iv is passed down to the baby mon from the parent which is holding it.)

Edited by S.paul

8 minutes ago, Slave Owner said:

@S.paul Where do I find these items? Are the parents' IVs and EVs important to the new breeds?

You can find them in the dept store 3rd floor...

Only Ivs are passed down from parents during breeding which are really important.

Evs are not important for breeding..... but it is very important in battle.

@So, that's why the Larvitars I am breeding have pathetic IVs :P 

Thank you very much for your help. If you are searching for a pokemon, ask me since I might have it. And if you happen to have decent pokemon like pseydo-legendaries, starters, ancient and more that are bread with decent IVs and willing to trade them, let me know :) 

@So, that's why the Larvitars I am breeding have pathetic IVs :P 

Thank you very much for your help. If you are searching for a pokemon, ask me since I might have it. And if you happen to have decent pokemon like pseydo-legendaries, starters, ancient and more that are bread with decent IVs and willing to trade them, let me know :) 

Yeah! I will let you know :D 

This site was really useful to me when I was new to this things...

Pokemon database

@S.paul I happen to find it out this week. It's really useful. I am currently reading the bulbapedia sections about breeding and IVs, EVs too.

Welcome and no problem ;) 

@Slave Owner I have my Ditto I use only 2 IV. I normally try to have the Pokemon I am breeding it with 5-6 IV. In doing this I can get at least 4-6 IVs on the Pokemon babies. (Also of course making sure you are using Destiny Knot and a Bracer. I normally put the Destiny Knot on Ditto and then a Bracer depending on IV's on the other Pokemon breeding with Ditto.)

Yea they do sell it in the Dept. Store, sadly I can't remember which floor....I can hand 1 of each over to you if needed since I know for sure I have access to all floors :D

Also the only way to get Ditto in game is when you get access to 7th street. He is being sold by this guy down in the right hand corner. You basically have to save and keep soft resetting it till you get good IV's. Best I have seen was someone getting a 3 IV Ditto soft resetting and said it took him about 2-3 hours. It took me about an hour to get my 2 IV.

I just went to check and the Destiny Knot & Bracers are being sold on the 4th floor of the Dept. Store. Again if you don't have access to it I can get them for you.

Edited by SoulSlayer

Well not necessarily...You don't just have to use the Ditto to breed. If you start off with Ditto and another Pokemon and the babies have better IV's than the Ditto just use that instead. (Remember breeding with the same Pokemon or 2 that are compatible have to be 1 Male and 1 Female.)