Yu-Gi-Oh! - VRAINS

Cepheus

I believe the tree reason thing may point to a variation of autism (albeit a mild one) or simply to show his calculative and more serious personality.

Speed Duels wise, the hardest part is staying on your hover board, skills being second and the rest is quite simple, even skills are simple to an extent.

for not attacking... no clue xD it might be that the Hanoi card had already drained some of her focus? In other words Deus Ex Machina and Plotarmor!

I believe Kusanagi looked into Blue Angel because playmaker first interrupted a duel between her and Go Unikuza(I just feel I misspelled that xD), and since Go already went after Yusaku, he could have figured Blue Angel might also try something like that.

Duel Disk-wise, that guy made fun of him for using the older model, saying Yusaku "emulate's" Playmaker by using it. mainly showing that while he likes dueling, he cares more for expensive and rare models over the quality and feeling behind a duel disk and deck (also shown when he insults Yusaku's decoy deck( and can I just say Shout-OUt to Neo the Magic Swordsman! an all-time favorite of mine))

Story... it's still a hot mess, but it starts off stronger than any other Yugioh in that regard so far.  and if nothing else it's better than having just some random one off duelists, like Rex and Weevil

She fully lost control of that match for the main purpose of showing her brother she can take care of herself (which might be the reason she took the card from Hanoi).

Aoi became so panicked at the end when she realized that he was purposely losing lp to use his skill. Just a guess on that, mind you. But come on though did you really think that he didn't have a plan against your stally lp drain method.

Lastly when she fell into the coma, I'm thinking their going to pull some SAO nonsense. where her real body is still in a comatose state, but her mind is stuck in vrains.

Overall this episode was good, emotional and it displayed the right way on how a female protagonist should become possessed.

seriously though, she watched his match against the Hanoi knight. Are you telling me she forgot about his skill requirement and what it does? :/

I wouldn't be surprised if they did pull an SAO, nor would I be disappointed. 

I do think that Aoi has the potential to become a stronger character that even Aki. A girl who juts blends in and stays on the silent side IRL, yet in Vrains she lets her most inner desire out: not really to be famous, but to have someone like her brother

7 hours ago, Jmanultrax1 said:

She fully lost control of that match for the main purpose of showing her brother she can take care of herself (which might be the reason she took the card from Hanoi).

Aoi became so panicked at the end when she realized that he was purposely losing lp to use his skill. Just a guess on that, mind you. But come on though did you really think that he didn't have a plan against your stally lp drain method.

Lastly when she fell into the coma, I'm thinking their going to pull some SAO nonsense. where her real body is still in a comatose state, but her mind is stuck in vrains.

Overall this episode was good, emotional and it displayed the right way on how a female protagonist should become possessed.

Reveal hidden contents

seriously though, she watched his match against the Hanoi knight. Are you telling me she forgot about his skill requirement and what it does? :/

She actually didnt take it, she just got it. She got a bit of memory loss after that.

He desperately crashed decode talker when she set a trap card which he has seen her search. He also should have known what it did because of Ignis or his duel disk or the fact that he knew everything about Gouki. It was only after reincarnation that he got the cards to protect decode talker and his life points. So he didn't have a plan.

Edited by FairFamily

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok... the current duel is kinda awesome... BUT!! (please correct me if I'm wrong here, and didn't get a memo about rules changing)

HOW can there be TWO field spells active??

I mean in the previous episode when Revolver discribed his Fire Prison Field spell as "indestructable by other card effects" - I immediately thought:

"oh well, I'll just play my own field spell and destroy yours, since only one field spell can be active at any given time... sooooo... where's the problem??" (except maybe not having a field spell in his deck)

and now after Yusaku/Playmaker played his own field spell, Revolver immediately played another and both are active??? what???

I mean, I know that there are field spells that only effect one side of the duel... but it would still get send to the graveyard when another was played... at least that was the case in every damn YGO-Game i've played...

Sure they sometimes make their own rules... calculate damage incorrectly or stuff like that for the duels to be cool and close and stuff... but when they are outright cheating...

I hate it when the Anime is outright cheating it's own rules! (*cough* targeting the floating ring of Fortress of Darkness with Catapult turtle to make it fall and crush all other Monsters *cough*)

1 hour ago, Cepheus said:

Ok... the current duel is kinda awesome... BUT!! (please correct me if I'm wrong here, and didn't get a memo about rules changing)

HOW can there be TWO field spells active??

I mean in the previous episode when Revolver discribed his Fire Prison Field spell as "indestructable by other card effects" - I immediately thought:

"oh well, I'll just play my own field spell and destroy yours, since only one field spell can be active at any given time... sooooo... where's the problem??" (except maybe not having a field spell in his deck)

and now after Yusaku/Playmaker played his own field spell, Revolver immediately played another and both are active??? what???

I mean, I know that there are field spells that only effect one side of the duel... but it would still get send to the graveyard when another was played... at least that was the case in every damn YGO-Game i've played...

Sure they sometimes make their own rules... calculate damage incorrectly or stuff like that for the duels to be cool and close and stuff... but when they are outright cheating...

I hate it when the Anime is outright cheating it's own rules! (*cough* targeting the floating ring of Fortress of Darkness with Catapult turtle to make it fall and crush all other Monsters *cough*)

It's been like this for a while but now both players can these days can control a field spell.  I don't think it is ever mentioned in any of the animes.

Also Duelist kingdom wasn't really yu-gi-oh but rather d&d yugioh crossover. I mean for all the flack we give yugi for it, the opponents had dumb effects/rules as well. 

can I just say: I was hyped the fuck up when I saw Firewall Dragon get summoned? I actually had the same feeling as when Yusei summoned Stardust his first time VS Aki, which is always a good thing. Revolvers Reaction to the Link Summon was great "You're using both your ace monsters to link summon!?"

The duel may end next episode, but it is a great one so far

Edit:

firewall_dragon___render_by_alanmac95-db

Edited by Wolfox
I HAD to