Terrible Pokemon Abilities

Defeatist.

Don't get me wrong I love Archeops but this fucking ability totally screws you over given how Archeops is weak to just about everything. You could sneeze on Archeops and it'll lose half of its HP and then at that point its pretty much done for.

It wouldn't be so bad if Archeops had LITERALLY ANY OTHER ABILITY along with Defeatist that you could just switch to using an ability capsule or something. Hell, you could give Archeops fucking Levitate and it'd still be a lot better than Defeatist where the moment you drop past 50% health it becomes dead weight.

Slow Start is also a very cumbersome ability. When it works it works great but thats only when the planets align and Regigigas doesn't die instantly.

Edited by 5hift

On 5/5/2017 at 10:05 AM, ProjectIceman said:

Perhaps they will make the Regis more powerful when gen 4 remakes come out...though I doubt it. It is usually the main legends that get better.....then again, the Lati's did get a Mega Evolution...who knows.

Haha but Latis mega evolution sucks so much! They didn't get an increase in the speed stat, their sp def and sp attack boost isn't better than the regular version equipped with a Soul Dew. So yeah...I find them suuuper underwhelming, specially Latios since Mega Latias at least has a small niche on some stall/very deffensive teams, however you have to do a really good job building around it, and yet I don't think it is worth wasting the mega slot with it.

I still think Regigigas may get a very good mega on the remakes tho.

On 5/6/2017 at 11:57 AM, S.paul said:

Klutz is the worst ability...

It's not useless if you know how to use it to your advantage, although it is a bit gimmicky.

Aside from intentionally bad abilities (Defeatist, Slow Start, Truant), I have to say Tangled Feet and Run Away.  Tangled Feet seems way too situational to be very useful, although I suppose it might save your mon if hurts itself and lives on a sliver of health.   Run Away is just useless in almost every case (unless you are playing a Nuzlocke, I suppose).    Every other ability I can think of has some kind of use, even if it is outside of battle or in double battles.

20 hours ago, seki108 said:

It's not useless if you know how to use it to your advantage, although it is a bit gimmicky.

Aside from intentionally bad abilities (Defeatist, Slow Start, Truant), I have to say Tangled Feet and Run Away.  Tangled Feet seems way too situational to be very useful, although I suppose it might save your mon if hurts itself and lives on a sliver of health.   Run Away is just useless in almost every case (unless you are playing a Nuzlocke, I suppose).    Every other ability I can think of has some kind of use, even if it is outside of battle or in double battles.

Ahhh...Run Away. Honestly, they should buff that with the ability to escape Arena Trap and Shadow Tag. Then it would be an ability worth using.