Sunny day and Rain dance teams help/tips?

Arkiel

I'm working on a rain dance and a sunny day team, any good pokemon for any of them? i don't care more than 6 pokes so i can have some in rotation

For rain dance team i have

Spoiler

Politoad - Still need to be trained, also take recomendations on how to train them (encore,haze,refresh)

Gododra with rest+hidratation op

Kingdra with swift swim (physical)

also have other water pokes

Azumarill tank train

Gyarados

Milotic tank train

Also want to train a drifloon (still breeding it)

with weather ball + unburned - thunder tm where are you? ;n;

- Recomendation in how to train it? (so many options for this poke, also have one with fight HP but that one is for flare boost)

maybe need to add a electric type with thunder? don't know xd

have to train/breed elekid,lapras, maybe pory2 with thunder and/or frosslas with weather ball?

For sunny day team i have (need more help here)

Spoiler

Ninetail with drought

Charizard (special)

Also have

Blaziken

Volcarona

--

breeding for a odish with fire HP, chlorophyll also have the egg moves After you, synthesis, teeter dance, tickle

All pokes i have trained

Spoiler

Gyarados

Milotic

Gengar

Roserade

Florges

Goodra

Galile

Flygon

Alakazam

Metagross

Togekiss

Trevenant

Volcarona

Charizard

Blaziken

Ninetail

Kingdra

Azumarill

Machap

Galvantula

Plus not perfect iv just the pokes i have caught in the game 

Noivern

Delphox

Aggron

Empoleon

Banette

Whimsicott

Rotom

Mismagius

Feraligart

Tyrantum

Arcanine

Luxray

Steelix

Pangoro

Kabutops

Gallade

Archepos

Pyroar

Typhlosion

Yep, a lot xd

Thanks ^^ 

Edited by Arkiel

For your rain team figuring out a way to utilize the terrain effects is going to help you more than anything I have a ran team that looks like this

venusaur.pngkingdra.pngmetagross.pngpolitoed.pngblastoise.pngtoxicroak.png

The idea is to get politoed to summon the rain ASAP and then have blastoise and venusaur set up a swamp terrain with grass + water pledge. The swamp field has tons and tons of amazing effects for rain teams particularly the guys I've got up here.  Blastoise and Toxicroak both get recovery from the rain and metagross can tank hits all day and night plus he avoids that nasty slow from the swamp terrain with clear body.  Kingdra is obviously there for swift swim purposes (and if I remember correctly the swamp terrain also activates swift swim?, it's been awhile since I've used this team lol)  I have aqua ring on blastoise because the swamp terrain gives bumps the heal from 1/16th to 1/8th.  I have a lot less experience with the sunny side of battling but I wish you the best of luck, just remember to take advantage of the field effects you can create when you're building a team because sometimes that can make a huge different in Reborn.

You should always keep in mind that a weather based team is not a mono type, since you must be able to dish out damage and keep your team healthy to keep pushing the battle and maintain the desired weather (sun or rain).

For the rain team, you desperately need Swift Swim Ludicolo, he hits hard and got great coverage.

For the sunny team, I think you should swap oddish (Bellossom?) for Venusaur, he's bulkier and can punch very hard too.

Just now, HUEnd said:

You should always keep in mind that a weather based team is not a mono type, since you must be able to dish out damage and keep your team healthy to keep pushing the battle and maintain the desired weather (sun or rain).

For the rain team, you desperately need Swift Swim Ludicolo, he hits hard and got great coverage.

For the sunny team, I think you should swap oddish (Bellossom?) for Venusaur, he's bulkier and can punch very hard too.

yeah this is very important keeping your types diverse is key, especially for this game

Also, regarding the Fields formed by moves/weathers, I'm not sure if those are permanent (such as Water + Grass Pledges) or they're temporary (same as canon's). But creating a field that will benefit you can really wreak havoc on the opponents (maybe that's probably why gym leaders are painful after all :P)

Just now, HUEnd said:

Also, regarding the Fields formed by moves/weathers, I'm not sure if those are permanent (such as Water + Grass Pledges) or they're temporary (same as canon's). But creating a field that will benefit you can really wreak havoc on the opponents (maybe that's probably why gym leaders are painful after all :P)

They're not permanent but yeah once they're up you can really run through an opponent; it's much more ideal for doubles

well, i wasn't planing on a monotype, just wanted to name the pokes i have already trained that can may can make good use of rain, also this is the main reason that i ask for help cuz my last pokemon game before reborn was hg/ss and i have never done competitive things like breeding or ev train before and i really don't know too well all the pokes/skill/moves, (still learning! ^^) so i end up only thinking on water/electric type mons and fire/grass for rain/sunny

will add to the main post my other trained pokes, may one of them can be usefull don't know xd

Also thanks everyone! ^^

• 7 years later...