FE Heroes Friend ID and Discussion Topic

Maelstrom

1 hour ago, Maelstrom said:

Who would I give Wo Dao to? I haven't looked at his stats yet but Karel seems to have really good ability synergy.

Hmm, he's -atk, +hp. 50 Hp seems pretty good, but only 26 atk, 25 def and 20 res... he's basically a really bad tank who really needs his weapon skill to do any real damage. He'd only do 6 damage to a 4* Cecilia before weapons triangle advantage and do nothing to Eirika or Tiki. Wow... he's just... there to give his weapon skill then?

Keep in Mind, Wo Dao gives +10 to the damage anytime a special activates. So Karel hit a lot harder than it seems since his special will usually go off. Honestly... - Atk just ruins him entirely though. He needs either neutral atk or +atk to work properly. Like his -Atk is suuuuuper bad for him cuase it's -4 to attack rather than 3 usually so he's extra wrecked by it... cause really. ((I dunno why this happens to some units... where one of the + or - stats jsut gives them a random extra stat point, or one less than usual.)) Karel is one of the better Desperation Sword users jsut cause he can take a hit and Reprisal then does... a LOT with Wo Dao. But with -Atk he's 100% skill fodder, he just not going to work properly at all.

So, really you'll want to hand out his Wo Dao to someone. Most sword units that don't have a signature weapon really don't mind having Wo Dao as it only helps their damage output. ((espcially when used with Moonbow)), Problem is most of the good swords... have a signature weapon. Which is... well it makes things a bit awkward.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, I'm trying to find a sword user to put it on.

I've got Eirika (seriously, I hate typing that 'I' in that name because of that bad, overly direct/literal translation of the Katakana of her name), but she's better off with her personal weapon, especially since I plan on pairing her with a Gronnblade F-Corrin.

I've got a 4* Marth, but that seems like a waste.

How about that 4* Navarre. He'd need a new trigger ability but he gets desperation 2 and threaten speed 3.

4* Roy, Cain, Draug (who is better off being a wary brave sword)

Oh, I have the 4* Zephiel. Wo Dao+ is definitely better than his silver sword and his retribution (soon to be 2 trigger Reprisal) pops off very often. He can keep wary fighter, but Life or Death seems wasted on him (since wary fighter turns it into Atk+5, def/res-5, and turning 16 speed into 21 isn't gonna save him). much better to keep his defense so wary fighter keeps working longer. Seems like the best bet to me right now. Though there's Palla with Moonbow at 4*

6 minutes ago, Maelstrom said:

Yeah, I'm trying to find a sword user to put it on.

I've got Eirika (seriously, I hate typing that 'I' in that name because of that bad, overly direct/literal translation of the Katakana of her name), but she's better off with her personal weapon, especially since I plan on pairing her with a Gronnblade F-Corrin.

I've got a 4* Marth, but that seems like a waste.

How about that 4* Navarre. He'd need a new trigger ability but he gets desperation 2 and threaten speed 3.

4* Roy, Cain, Draug (who is better off being a wary brave sword)

Oh, I have the 4* Zephiel. Wo Dao+ is definitely better than his silver sword and his retribution (soon to be 2 trigger Reprisal) pops off very often. He can keep wary fighter, but Life or Death seems wasted on him (since wary fighter turns it into Atk+5, def/res-5, and turning 16 speed into 21 isn't gonna save him). much better to keep his defense so wary fighter keeps working longer. Seems like the best bet to me right now. Though there's Palla with Moonbow at 4*

Navarre is a pretty decent choice as he just needs... something... to help his damage. He'd need something to give him an edge an that's the only thing I can think of that really would. He still is rather middle of the road though even with Wo Dao.

Draug is actually not very good with a Brave Sword. His speed is really freaking high for a Knight while his attack is extremely lacklustre with Brave Sword. He's actually probably better to run with Killing Edge, Bonfire and Speed augments. ((like his speed is really weirdly high and with Killing Edge he could make Bonfire go off super often and just beat people down with it.)) Brave Wary is probably the worst possible build for him as it doesn't paly to his strengths.

I'd not bother than Zephiel. He gets a Signature Sword on Promote. If not using his Sig, Brave+ and Wary Fighter combo is the best for him cause his attack is rather high.

Palla is a pretty alright option as well. Natural Moonbow and what not. She'll take a bit more from axes in turn though which might hurt her survivablity a bit though.

I just realized Ike with Gale Force would be fun to use. That is some fun straps with a dancer, but alas even if I did get Ike I wouldn't have the patience to pull it off. Also Aether isn't bad on Ike, but heavy blade is useful for all the other skills. Ah well, at least I got Caeda this session. She is my favorite peg...after Tanith.

Takumi, Tiki, and Minerva and sometimes Reinhardt have kind of become my core. I also learned that I have a minus attack Tiki, but that does not stop her from being awesome. Strong Ripotose was one of the best decisions on her as stuff dies in one round against the tank. Ike barely lives due to rally resist so you could imagine how the orbs challenges went.

I'm also finally training up Sharena so no more bloody Reinhardt being my only good blue. She is pretty good so far. Next is for either Eirika or Zephiel for promotion so I don't have to deal with a bad Lyn anymore. After that I can relax a little bit as I have a decent army.

Should I 5* my Robin or Eirika first? I'm pretty much in need of both since Merric and S-Camilla are mediocre and idk how much more longer Corrin can maintain his position since he is my only Sword, unless I should 5* my Neutral Palla, but I don't know any skills to give her.

3 hours ago, Fabled Asian said:

Well +ATK is great but -HP is really bad imo especially when its going to be 39 HP for a non-range. You could give him the +5 HP seal to counter act it though

It's only +3 for the Seal. He's also... technically got range in a roundabout way due to Ragnell. Mine is -HP, + Res. Still is probably the best sword user I have period. ((though Ryoma is really really similar just I would have to refine his skillset for him to be better.))

4 hours ago, Chase said:

WE LIKE IKE!

WE LIKE IKE!

WE LIKE IKE!

+ Attack, - HP.

is he good?

Stupidly... like stuuuuuuuuuuuuuupidly. Probably the only better sword user is Ryoma. ((due to him having slightly better stat distribution.)) His base kit is super solid from the outset with Heavy Blade being super good with his naturally high as heck attack stat. It's basically a Killer Weapon as a skill making Luna > Moonbow. You could also run Aether or  other 5 CDs... but I still think they are outlandish and not really that good honestly. ((it's notable they are at least an option though since you can activate them reasonably. Personally... still don't think they are worth though. But that's just my opinion.))

I'd recommend giving him Quick Riposte in conjunction with Ragnell's Distant Counter as it will allow him to bait in something and pretty much kill it 100% of the time. Be careful when doing it to mages though, his Res is bad. ((mine is only 21 with +Res.)) Like his default Swordbreaker isn't awful but it only deals with other swords obviously. Quick Riposte helps him deal with everything much better. ((his speed isn't horrible so he won't be doubled by too too much. Especially if you have a speed buff on the team as it'll at least bump you more out of their double ranges.)) Distant Counter makes him SOLID bait and QR just plays to that really well. Vantage is also an option due to just how stupid high his attack is so he could reasonably take something out with it before they can. Depends what ya want him to do.

Edit: It's notable that there is a synergy between Aether and Vantage in that he has to be on low enough HP to use Vantage which will happen after the first combat potentially. Either way you'll find it active and be able to bait another attack but... due to going first even if you don't kill them you will probably get back enough HP to survive their attacks. 

Like -HP is really not ideal but Ike is so good it's not going to hurt his impact much ((if really at all.)) So USE HIM. Like... I used him on my arena team for this season got like... 4000 without even trying. ((was using Ike, Sharena, Anna and Olivia. Team was sorely lacking range and mostly used Ike to bait them into their dooms.))

** WE LIKE IKE Intensifies **

So basically. I now have a red spam team.

> Ike.

Ragnell gives Ike distant counter built in, and he's a solid defensive unit. He'll also counter other swords pretty well thanks to Sbreaker. The only lance he's worried about is Sapphire he's so bulky (with HP+3). He's also already at level 41 Attack. .... at level 21.....Don't mess with this man's friends.

> Ryoma.

Basically the Ike that's able to distant counter mages better, and physical units worse. He'll double more than Ike though and he boosts speed, which might help the mercenary out. Also. It's Ryoma. He'll be fine.

> Tharja.

Between Ryoma and the next unit, she's going to get the Attack boost from Raurblade. And she's going to hurt any Knight that's alive past Ike falling or that crosses her path. A lot. And Threaten their res. Where Ike pushes the envelope with Lances, Tharja plays with blue tomes who thought they were safe. Assuming the swordsman can't distance cheese them themselves.

> Olivia.

Hone Attack. Dance. Annihilate. Rinse. Repeat. Feroxi Diplomacy.

Gods, this is my kind of squad.

His Attack will max at 54 with +Atk. It's 51 at neutral.

And uh... good luck with Triangle Adept Nowi/Ninian :P ((you hopefully won't see that many of them but Blue Dragons... are not going to be fun for Red Spam. Even Falchion users can't dent them with Triangle Adept which is pretty much the only A skill Blue Dragons run. Really though Nowi kinda hard counters due to Ligthning Breath. Luckily you might be able to barely push through with Tharja if it's not a fully optimized one. Just... pray they don't have Quick Riposte.))

You'll be fine on the side of blue mages so LONG as you don't leave your people in range of their attack phase for certain ones. ((like it's a really bad idea to try and bait Reinhardt[maybe Olwen but... she might be survivable due to her lower attack.] Brave Tome will say hello and send it's regards. Both hits are automatically first. Trust me... don't take them. Muuuuch safer not to press you luck like that.)) Linde you probably also don't want attacking you first. Luckily the AI isn't smart enough to trigger her Ardent Sac for free desperation kills so you should probably kill ((though it's going to hurt like hell.)) if she does attack you on enemy phase. Her defense simply doesn't exist. Luckily, you have 4 units and you should be able to trade of getting hit duties between Ryoma and Ike. Just play smart and you shoooould be fine.~

• Support Squad

'm just saying, it was thanks to aether in the lunatic map that he could 1v1 cordelia and olwen and kill them. The heal, on that cooldown? It's worth. You wanna fight him? Grab Sully or Lukas. Frail blues will die to him anyway and he'll come out smelling like a rose.

I do like my Ike tho.

I'm with Sheep, Aether should always been in Ike's kit, or it isn't Ike. Heavy Blade is also better than I thought it would be, and Ike himself was WELL. WELLLLLLLLLL worth the wait. The good news is that Ike has to start out with New Moon and Luna, the second of which he can swap out if he wants to proc a skill more often in exchange for the healing capability.

In an off-topic rant, slightly, let me tell you why Ike is the reason my day got infinitely better than how it started:

I usually get paid on every other Wednesday - except for some reason, my bank never got my direct deposit this week. I had to wake up early this morning and retrace my steps the following week to figure out where the mishap was - running through pretty much the whole payroll process.

1. I immediately contacted my on-site point of contact. This girl is slightly younger than I am and basically runs the after-school program at the school I work at. She's in charge of providing me my time-sheet and taking it to our "supervisor" so it can be processed. She affirmed that she saw me sign my time-sheet -and- that I had given it to her -and- that she had provided all of the sites time-sheets to the supervisor. This cleared me from the possibility of being careless myself and her for losing my sheet on the way to our boss.

2. The boss tells me that she had turned in the Recreation Center's time-sheets all at once - as per usual - and that she didn't have my physical copy in her possession, suggesting I contact my bank. This essentially -would- clear my bosses name for negligence. She took her time responding to me, about a good 2 hours, and I had to regroup in order to take a literature exam during this time.

3. The bank tells me I DON'T have a pending deposit on record, and suggests I contact my employer. I work for the city government as a local recreation leader. (harhar, the resident conservative has a government job.) - meaning I was about to be in a serious bind and I was going to need to dig up information on people I don't know in order to find my paycheck. Flustered, I contact my on-site peer again and she suggests I talk to Human Resources, as they have access to the pay records. It didn't make any sense to me, to be honest, but I had no other option at this point.

4. HR - surprisingly - tells me that I had NO hours listed in the last pay cycle, but they judge from my utter shock on the other end that this is a mistake. They re-direct the call to a lady who is technically my bosses' boss. She is responsible for connecting the Parks and Recreation office to the city's Finance office, and thus, she puts in my time-sheet personally so I can get paid.

5. Parks and Rec takes a solid 45 minutes to get to my voice message, during which I force myself to hurriedly eat lunch. It's at this time where I decide to open up Heroes, try some of the World of Radiance missions on Hard mode, and get up to five orbs. When I did, I was in a horrible mood and decided to bet on the lone red stone in the batch of summons. I actually blurt out "I'm not getting Ike." - only to pull Ike. If you've ever seen a Dude Perfect Trick Shot Episode on Youtube, that kind of celebration after they finally nail a trick shot is one I allow myself. Immediately after yelling "LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" - Parks and Rec calls back and tells me I'm getting a hard check cut to me tomorrow. I also find out, that today is my last day of "class" for the spring semester.

Ike was my guardian angel's sign today.

While I'm happy for you that that whole mess got cleaned up, and that you have Ike

22 minutes ago, Chase said:

Ike himself was WELL. WELLLLLLLLLL worth the wait.

I'm still waiting :(

Nah I'm not too cut, I mean he's only my Brawl main, my Smash 4 main, my favourite Fire Emblem lord, the lord of my first Fire Emblem game, the lord of my favourite Fire Emblem games, and one of my all time favourite Fire Emblem characters. In all seriousness (though all of that is real) I know the banner's not over yet, and this isn't the last time he'll be on a rate up banner either 'cause he's Ike, he'll be in a voting gauntlet before too long. I'm more concerned about Titania, my favourite early game prepromote. She's someone who I can very easily see being 5* exclusive and not appearing in any more rate ups in the near future.

Titania seems more like a Gunter like character to me who could fall to 4 stars in the future and become a regular green pull after the World of Radiance hype has died off a bit. Though, I think you just have to keep trying with her. You'll get her.

1 hour ago, Sheep said:

I'm still waiting :(

Nah I'm not too cut, I mean he's only my Brawl main, my Smash 4 main, my favourite Fire Emblem lord, the lord of my first Fire Emblem game, the lord of my favourite Fire Emblem games, and one of my all time favourite Fire Emblem characters. In all seriousness (though all of that is real) I know the banner's not over yet, and this isn't the last time he'll be on a rate up banner either 'cause he's Ike, he'll be in a voting gauntlet before too long. I'm more concerned about Titania, my favourite early game prepromote. She's someone who I can very easily see being 5* exclusive and not appearing in any more rate ups in the near future.

Hey at least he's in the game. I'm really hoping Elincia gets into the game...and with her Amazing sword...not a staff (though I'd take a flying healer over nothing). I know Micaiah is going to get a banner because she even made it onto the voting poll and the other lord of Radiant Dawn. Though there is one other character from Tellius that I really hope makes it in. He's a playable unit that everyone loves and nobody ever forgets about. Nobody can surpass him:

185?cb=20090516082710

In beauty. Haar has nothing on this guy.

Oh great, a second 5* Titania. one is -hp +res, the other is +hp -def. both seem bad. that reminds me. Linde #2 is +def -hp >.<

Oh, my first Chrom. 4* tho

My Eirika is neutral...

well, a lot of my best units have crappy iv's. =/

Kagero is like, the only one with a really good one.

A new voting gauntlet has been announced with four female and four male mages.

For the females you've got Sanaki, Linde, Julia, and Tharja, while for the males you've got Merric, Leo, Robin, and Henry.

Wonder who's going to win this one? Couldn't possibly be Tharja could it? I don't really care about any of these characters (my favourites would probably be Sanaki and Julia) so I'm just going to roll with a candidate who looks like they're unlikely to win but likely to make it to round two. That way I can score big feathers in both rounds 1 and 2, while joining the vs Tharja team in round 3 and score big feathers again.

It's nice that they're doing a double skill points boost thing too. What with inheritance and the ungodly 50% sp cost on inherited skills... unless they've been a part of your main team this whole time, you're probably down a bunch of sp for that dream skills build. And even then... you probably spent a bunch of points for skills that are going to be replaced now.

Seems like the best thing to do is get your unit, inherit the skills you want it to have and simply save up your sp and only use 'em on the inherited rather than the natural ones you're about to replace. Maybe even raise 'em from 3 stars. 40 levels of sp gain at 3, 4, and 5 stars comes out to a respectable sum if you choose to keep leveling 'em up rather than promoting right away at 20.

Honestly, it sucks that you can't farm training tower 1 for the sp from kills. They seem to have to be kills close to your unit's level. Grinding those last few stratum for 9 energy a pop is gonna go slow...

1 hour ago, Fabled Asian said:

-DEF +HP Titania does sound too bad?

-hp + res...

-HP puts her at 34 hp

+Hp puts her at 41

-Def puts her at 22

+res puts her at 33 instead of 30.

yeah, I guess -def and +hp is better. If it weren't for the emerald axe though, I'd be worried about her ability to hit lances. She's preferably a mage/blue and green dragon killer/bait, but as a direct attacker, she's gonna have to trade blows at some point.

Given her reasonably balanced statline across the board I think Fury 3 and Renewal 3 is a good combo for her. If your +HP -Def Titania had Fury 3 her statline would look like 41/43/37/25/33 and ain't no one gonna tell me that's not pretty impressive. 25 Def should be enough to really minimize the amount of damage taken from Lances in conjunction with her Emerald Axe, even an attack stat of 50 results in 5 damage (plus another 6 afterwards) and Fury also both helps with her low Atk, and brings her to a very nice Spd tier. It's like every aspect of Fury helps her significantly, while Renewal helps to heal off the damage, and you could always run Sol if you find you need extra healing.