FE Heroes Friend ID and Discussion Topic

Maelstrom

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOO-

six orbs. one summon

IMG_0178.PNG

Bang.

Mr. Soren here looks like a +Speed,-Defense infantry mage. That's. THATS GOOD ISNT IT?

I mean. Soren's base defense is horrible. And speed is a good stat to go positive in. He also seems more geared to resist magic anyway.

Is it good. I have to know.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hmm... that's interesting. Does he have two IVs?

I just pulled him out of my third summon.

HP 18

Atk 20

Spd 9

Def 4

Res 6

Edit:

OMG. On my second summoning session, I had 4 red and 1 green. I decided to get the Green out of the way and it ended up as 5* Titania

HP 19

Atk 18

Spd 8

Def 5

Res 8

It should be fine, @Fabled Asian , especially if that 3 extra speed instead of attack will help you double things. I'm not sure what the speed stats of other characters are though. I got lucky and mine is +Atk - Def. 35 max speed isn't too shabby. 

agh. I'm nearly at the point where I either buy more castle space or start sending home unneeded units.

Any tips on what to get rid of first? I'm thinking Cherche, since she really doesn't have any skills worth giving in SI.

thats not so bad, if you dpnt want to use Karel you can give Palla Wo Dao. If your not going to use sorendue to his ivs, you give linde watersweep. Idk how safe her match ups are but besides brave weapons. 

Edited by Fabled Asian

Yeah, it does mean more orbs but... man, I really, really want an Ike asap.

But I'm laso out of stamina right now because I was trying to grind up some units, namely; F-Corrin, Nowi, Zephiel, Abel, Michaelis, and Ninian.

Haven't gotten anything, but I didn't do full rounds due to the sheer amount of grays in two rounds. Not even good fodder.

As for the chapters I will say a few things. Story wise I will be up front saying that it wasn't bad and indeed we are going to get more hero battles with the duo villains involved. Just happy we are off of 9 finally. Also for the maps, other than the very last map on Lunatic, Mist was kind of worthless. I get what they were trying to do, but she didn't do much and lore wise, she shouldn't even be fighting right now. Oscar would've worked so, so much better on these maps. Also the lack of Soren lines disturbs me.

I was sceptical of the defense map idea, but it works very, very well and for the orbs missions, I got backed into a corner, but the fights were manageable. 10-4 though oh dear God I light shard cheesed that fight. That map was well built well...unless you have a red mage with bow breaker. Thanks it'd probably be super easy.

As for the units and seeing them fight...Mist is shitty and not worth bothering tbh, Soren imo is a better Merric at base. He is not going to win awards though. Titania is really good though godawful against res. Ike though is really good though I only see him as A plus and not S tier. His speed is not great but if he can survive two blows from young Tiki, I can tell you he is good. I recommend giving him something other than Aether though to make full use of that skill as he'd destroy swords then. Destroy them.

An Ike that doesn't have Aether isn't Ike. It's like, an impostor or something. 

Man Mael, I'm jealous as hell right now, I haven't got 20 orbs again yet so I can't really roll, but Titania is probably the number 1 unit I'm looking for from this. Her stat line looks pretty great if you can give her some sort of Atk help, and she's the first unit in the game that is both green and that I properly like. That means if I roll her I'll actually have a solid counter to blue units, rather than just getting the upper hand by using really good blue units like Olwen, Cordelia, and Effie. Much like you though I also want Ike pretty badly, seeing as he's the thing that got me into Fire Emblem in the first place, though I know he's going to show in rate up banners in the future so it's not a total disaster if I don't roll him this time around. 

@Chase Unfortunately that's not the way the gacha probability works. The game already decides which heroes you've rolled when you get your selection of 5, it doesn't run a random number generator when clicking on the slot, it's more like drawing back the curtain to see the prize behind it. The 3% chance of a focus 5* is split between the different focus characters, meaning no matter which one you're looking for you've really got 5 independent 0.75% chances each time you click that summon button. Of course being able to see which colour each hero is gives you an advantage in selecting the heroes you want to choose, but ultimately the probability is much less optimistic than you're phrasing it as. This also means it's harder to get a specific focus 5* if there are more focus characters on the banner.

I blew twenty orbs and got only three star trash. I'm not crying though, with my luck I'm surprised I didn't get a two star.

Frankly, I'm not a fan of the new defense maps. They're interesting sure, but if you're on a time limit, they kind of are a pain since you'e just trying to complete them asap. Granted, I'm the one who put on the time limit, but still... Heroes doesn't feel like a "big" enough game to pull something like that. That's just my opinion though.

My biggest concern right now is that new ability ward. While it's perfectly fine for the story maps, I'm worried what will happen if it gets hacked onto the arena. I know Nintendo says they're shutting down hackers and cheaters, there's always the chance it could get past them. I mean, we've all seen a full team of perfect Takumis there before, so maybe...

• Support Squad

Hey you see that stupidly op ike?

Say hi to my new Ike.

In the lunatic fight though, he out damages Tadept, Brave cordelia though. Olwen too, so i can't really attack him on the res side.

3 hours ago, Combat said:

Frankly, I'm not a fan of the new defense maps. They're interesting sure, but if you're on a time limit, they kind of are a pain since you'e just trying to complete them asap. Granted, I'm the one who put on the time limit, but still... Heroes doesn't feel like a "big" enough game to pull something like that. That's just my opinion though.

Defense maps are generally designed to overwhelm you and while I dislike the immortality thing, FE games have done this a number of times in the past, generally escape chapters. Tellius games had incentives to get through levels quickly for BEXP, but the final part gave you way more than enough time to complete it as I did it in 3. All maps were very easy imo. Fun, but easy.

Soren looks like he's somewhere in between Nino and Merric in terms of stats.

Mine is essentially discount Nino. He has +Speed, which matches pace with neutral speed Nino, and -Defense, which neither character particularly cares about.

Soren is better able to tank magic attacks than Nino, and has more HP to work with. This doesn't make him a comparable res tank to Julia, but if you are like me and looking to pull off some hyper offense, his Res is worth keeping in mind.

He falls well short in terms of inheritance, as he gets nothing special while Nino gets Gronnblade and Hone Attack. Merric has an anti-flying tome.

Options.

A: Anti-Horse-Mage Soren.

The unit Soren truly outclasses is Robinne (F Robin) due to her being even all across the board statwise. He would essentially, as a niche role, take her Wolf tome and oppose the likes of Olwen, Reinhardt, Ursula, and Cecilia - much better than she could.

B: Discount Nino.

If you are like me and you don't have a Nino worth training up, go ahead and pass over Gronnblade to Soren. With speed help, he will be somewhat comparable (and compatible with) Tharja in a blade team.

2 hours ago, Commander said:

Defense maps are generally designed to overwhelm you and while I dislike the immortality thing, FE games have done this a number of times in the past, generally escape chapters. Tellius games had incentives to get through levels quickly for BEXP, but the final part gave you way more than enough time to complete it as I did it in 3. All maps were very easy imo. Fun, but easy.

I enjoy them well enough in the main series, but it all feels so cramped in Heroes. I'm sure that's what they were going for, but at least give us some indication if a enemy unit is going to span directly next to my units perhaps? They could use stairs as areas that could span them maybe.

Hm, that reminds me. I pulled a 4* Lilina, and I heard she's the red mage to use besides Tharja.

Does watersweep seem rather bad to anyone else? It's like a way fighter that works on attack so he can't double. The only time I see this being useful is when you're trying to hit something that would resist his attack and counterattack in the process. Most things you want to hit with a mage usually can't hit back. So I only see it working on magic users, so Adult tiki and Nowi wouldn't be able to range counter back if he attacked them, and the one you'd want to attack would be Nowi and he would have doubled her (if both neutral) without it. It would have been nice if this had worked against Takumi or Hector, but it doesn't. It's weird that the only time he can double with this skill on is on defense.

I guess if you want to use him and this skill, you're probably better off with a seal skill for slot C. I'd say poison strike too but that's a B skill that would override Watersweep. He definitely feels like a support character that sets up damage at little risk with watersweep and grants fortify res at turn starts.

Well, I've got my weight lifting class to go to and my lab final practical to study for, so I guess I'll take a look at Titania's kit and see if she's gonna replace Fred.

Tfw you roll an Ike but didn't even want him. Bleeeeeeeeeeeeeh... might jsut have to give Heavy Blade to someone else though... pretty solid skill.

k4KuJW1.png

Hmmm... decisions.((Really though will probably keep for now but like I have so many swords including Ryoma who I think does Ike better than Ike... on virtue of having better stats. But too much math I don't feel like doing right now.))

The biggest benefit of Ike though... is that his starting kit is veeeery usable. Like it's rather good and prety much everything he could want. I'd probably only want to swap out the B skill to Vantage/Quick Riposte... but Swordbreaker ain't even bad. ((It makes his match-ups against other sword users certainly disgusting.))

5 hours ago, Hukuna the Undying said:

Tfw you roll an Ike but didn't even want him. Bleeeeeeeeeeeeeh...

I ended up spending money and not getting him. I'd saved orbs because I knew Ike was gonna come out at some point and nobody except Alm in the last banner drew my attention.

So, the haul:

5*

Soren

Titania

Sheena

Karel

Jakob

4*

Sheena

Eirika

Cain

Eliwood

Palla

Henry

Jagen

Arthur

Cherche

Beruka

Fae

Saizo

Jakob

Lilina

Guess I got a couple spare Svalin shields to go around, but Heavy weapons are pretty rare.

Yea, Armourslayers aren't really ever going to be common due to the fact that they just don't really help you even get through armours that much. So even if Armour Emblem becomes popular you'll counter it with magic rather than Armour effective weapons jsut wince Wary Fighter will pretty much make it so they won't be killed by them anyway. ((Wary Fighter is... a silly silly thing for armours.))

Also as a note I'll probably keep Ike cause his damage output is... kiiiiiiiinda bonkers silly. ((espically when given QR.)) I dunno if I'll bother putting Aether on there or not yet cause Luna does the job really. ((and pretty much makes the kill against whatever attacks you 100% certain.)) when Aether only will go off next combat. Dunno we'll see... just not a fan of the 500 sp requirement for something that's more of a sidegrade then a true upgrade.

39 minutes ago, Chase said:

Jakob gets you Renewal.

Karel a Wo Dao.

thats pretty good, Cotton. 

Yeah, by himself Jakob seems kinda trash. And I have 3 x 4* Faes that also give renewal 3.

I'm trying to decide whether Vantage 3 or Renewal 3 would be a better B slot skill for young tiki though... I use her very offensively and rely on her to tank a lot of hits afterwards. Sometime it feels like Vantage would have killed a bunch of people who instead killed her on defense. But at the same time, I recently got done in by a Renewal Lucina because I didn't have the positioning or the dancer to finish her off.

Who would I give Wo Dao to? I haven't looked at his stats yet but Karel seems to have really good ability synergy.

Hmm, he's -atk, +hp. 50 Hp seems pretty good, but only 26 atk, 25 def and 20 res... he's basically a really bad tank who really needs his weapon skill to do any real damage. He'd only do 6 damage to a 4* Cecilia before weapons triangle advantage and do nothing to Eirika or Tiki. Wow... he's just... there to give his weapon skill then?