Winter/Spring Anime 2017

Felicity

10 minutes ago, HYCROX said:

E L  P S Y  K O N G R O O

but now seriously, Steins;Gate, Baccano!, No Game No Life...

Wait, is there news on the anime adaptation of Steins;Gate 0, or are you just saying the anime you like?

4 hours ago, seki108 said:

Wait, is there news on the anime adaptation of Steins;Gate 0, or are you just saying the anime you like?

No, just the anime I like

Here's the trailer for Steins;Gate 0 in case you missed it tho:

1 minute ago, HYCROX said:

No, just the anime I like

Here's the trailer for Steins;Gate 0 in case you missed it tho:

Oh, ok.  Still have to wait for that.  

I've played/read part of S;G 0 when the first (?) English patch came out, but something did not jive with my computer and it kept crashing.  I know it's been updated a few times since then, so I might have to revisit it sometime.  I would buy it like the original, but the official English translation is only for the PS4/PS Vita (for now at least).

• Support Squad

man Seiren is fucking weird, aint never seen an anime be so straightforward with sexuality. Not bad but when a characters casually like "aint he a furry?" it's novel enough to pique my curiosity.

• Support Squad

So a couple of episodes into most of the stuff i'm watching and im slowly formulating an opinion. This season is rife with slice of life romance thats actualy reaally interesting to watch alongside each other, you get a look into the different approaches they all take. Not that there isnt' some o shit shows.

LWA: Disney meets anime, thanks trigger.

Kuzu no honkai: Every character in this show has a diary and all it reads is "Fuck my life.". The ep 2 ending hook came way earlier than i expected and i was pleasantly surprised. Pretty straight forward look at sexuality, hetero and homo alike, and romance, which is nice after so many shows of "B-BAKA, DON'T LOOK YOU PERVERT!". Still some comedy but it's not the typical "the girls become quirky and get some moe animation hehe funnee o they saw each other naked BAM HAHA" so far.

Seiren: Take the straight forward approach of the above, water down the romance, throw in a couple of doses of fetishes and make it as blase as possible. Here you have Seiren, truly a harem to adore or dread.

Masamune: This one is more along the lines of typical japanese romcom. It does some things i really like but hasnt quite nailed it so far. I really like the cast, particularly the protagonist couple and Koiwai. They are all so manipulative in such a petty way that it makes me laugh more than the actual gags. The premise is suitably petty too and i wanna see what happens to masamune. However he's not quite vindictive enough to make me really feel like "O shit she fkn scarred this kid" and make me feel like she deserves so much attention when he could just enjoy being with the people around, like class rep girl. P sure he'll ignore some opportunities in favour of his revenge and i hope they'll actually address this as a plot point for some actual progress, rather than having an endless harem romance show. Thats obvs yet to happen tho so im just hoping.

Konosuba: God bless megumin.

Blue exorcist: I liked the premise in the first season, still like it now. We out of the filler and into more fun stuff. The studio J.C staff is on point on animation too so i'm happy, so far on track for a nice sequel. 

Watching:

Konosuba 2 (favourite of the 2nd seasons), I love Megumin and her Explosion!

Tales of Zesteria the X 2nd season

Ao no exorcist 2

Rewrite 2nd season

Masamune-kun no Revenge (favourite of this season)

Spiritpact (if you like dry humor, I would recommend this one)

Hand Shakers (I get a feeling that this is a really weird anime)

• 4 months later...

No one talking about snk season 2? Having read the manga up until the latest chapter these 12 episodes were really satisfactory, with some scenes exceeding my expectations. Can't wait for last episode this saturday, gonna have one of the best scenes in the franchise so far. Wish this wouldve been 25 episodes long though seeing as the next arc is my 2nd favorite in the manga.

It's been pretty good this season. I preferred it over S1. I'm surprised how ambitious they were with certain scenes that they decided to show such as Ymir's past. Hopefully S3 comes out soon since they have a good amount of chapters that they can animate now.

12 minutes ago, Simon said:

It's been pretty good this season. I preferred it over S1. I'm surprised how ambitious they were with certain scenes that they decided to show such as Ymir's past. Hopefully S3 comes out soon since they have a good amount of chapters that they can animate now.

Agree, pretty sure that and marco's death were season 4 material (if season 3 is only 12 episodes). I assume they didn't have enough time and decided to use some of the material from those events since they kind of fit well with what was going on during season 2. Only real problem was the setting of ymir's past being exposed at this point in the anime, but I think it still worked out in the end. Plus, this gives them more time and options to work with on the latter season 4 arcs.

this fucking ending tho XDDD

Episode 12 Spoilers

ONE PUNCH EREN SIT THE FUCK DOWN DINA

• Upvote 1