In Byxbysion Wasteland it always rains...

Waynolt

Is it normal?

I've tried forwarding the time a few months to get a sunny weather, and I may also have "accidentally" saved the game a few times since.

(I hadn't seen the tutorial yet at the time, and when I did watch it it was too late to revert to a backup save :( )

This happened before the 4th gym (EDIT or was it after the 5th? nevermind, point is it happened long ago), but afterwards I was able to hex edit* my savegame to fix this... the weather returned to its normal cycling, except for the wasteland.

There, it always rains, but I need clear weather for... reasons.

I haven't checked the woods on the east that regularly, but the weather might be stuck there too.

Do the city and the areas around it use different variables?

Or maybe this is a bug in E16?

If my savegame is indeed stuck and not fixable it's not a tragedy (I'm quite happy with my team and may go for a third playthrough anyway, depends on how far ahead is E17 :P ), but still...

*started a new game, saved, then copy-pasted the string after "previousDate" onto the original savegame

Edited by Waynolt

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Davemcfc123 said:

I have the same problem too. I'm thinking maybe the constant rain was added to E16 so that we can't get Squirtle? I have clear weather everywhere else but the Wasteland is constant rain.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

Turns out it only mostly rains in the Wasteland... using this pokegear app (http://www.rebornevo.com/forum/index.php?/topic/24679-weather/&do=findComment&comment=607947) I was able to get clear weather there eventually, though I still couldn't find Squirtle where he was supposed to be.
(Admittedly, I didn't try *that* hard after making the app since I don't need him in the team)

3 hours ago, Waynolt said:

Turns out it only mostly rains in the Wasteland... using this pokegear app (http://www.rebornevo.com/forum/index.php?/topic/24679-weather/&do=findComment&comment=607947) I was able to get clear weather there eventually, though I still couldn't find Squirtle where he was supposed to be.
(Admittedly, I didn't try *that* hard after making the app since I don't need him in the team)

Thanks Waynolt but Chrome blocked the download and said it could be malicious. It's probably not but I don't want to risk it given the fact I just downloaded some music which wasn't blocked plus even if I did download the app I'd have no idea how to install it haha.

I've seen someone on Youtube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOx3qlpv3PQ), 8:45 in, trying to find Squirtle with no luck as it's raining there as well. If you said you used an external app to get round the weather issue and still couldn't find Squirtle I'm thinking maybe Ame just removed it from the game.

Guess I'll have to settle for Floatzel regardless of the bad defense stats haha.

Edited by Davemcfc123

15 minutes ago, Davemcfc123 said:

Thanks Waynolt but Chrome blocked the download and said it could be malicious.

Wait, what?
Firefox doesn't block it... I've been using that since joining... someone could have said something! :o

Anyway no, it isn't an external app: it's a mod for this game that adds 2 simple weather controls to the pokegear.

EDIT: I can confirm that the Squirtle is there and that the pokegear mod can be used to find him.
(Go back to the city in between weather manipulations)

Edited by Waynolt