Beating Arceus with Mono Poison w/o items

Arys

Hello, I just want to share some idea of mine based on my walkthrough after beating Arceus.

In my point of view, Arceus is definitely weaker than Solaris at Pyrous Mountain. One of the reason is because Garchomp loves Earthquake and it'll kill all my pokemons. I'm sure there's a way to beat Solaris with mono poison. I just didn't look for it in this run unfortunately.

I noticed if Arceus doesn't do Judgement, he would pick Shadow Ball.

The key here is badly poison. So here's what I did.

Fortunately I just trained my Dragalge which have highest Sp. Def and she has Toxic. Dragalge is extremely slow and I regret training her speed. El had 1 Full Heal which he immediately used at first time he got poisoned. So do Toxic for 2 turn. And the rest is just survive!

This is my party after the battle

after arceus.png

Pretty messy isn't it? All my pokemon is glass canon. But even this messy party could beat it. The only pokemon I have that can outspeed Arceus is Crobat (207 speed). And unfortunately I DID use some healing, 1 Ultra Potion.

So all you had to do, is bring one pokemon with Toxic moves, and others with high Sp. Def. A muk that can minimize might be a great idea! The probability he unleash the Judgement is 50/50 and before you get wiped out, he should be dead already.

Other idea is having Crobat learn egg moves, Hypnosis. But that would need a lot of time to breed it so... scratch that.

Have other idea?

Alright, onwards to Radomus Castle!

For me, Ditto-Arceus didn't have any mercy on me. I tried putting it to sleep first with Yawn but Stone Edge never missed and always killed Togekiss. I also tried poisoning it but Arceus was way faster than Toxicroak and murdered my baby with Earthquake. My only option was Magnezone Sturdy which thankfully worked for me :-)

Then I just used my remaining Pokemons to kill it. 

On 12/31/2016 at 10:53 PM, FairFamily said:

Perhaps use scolipede with struggle bug to make sure it hits like a wet noodle.

Oh, a nice idea. Though I think it can only decrease it at most 2 stage. How much is that? 50%?

On 1/1/2017 at 2:35 AM, Farnsworth said:

Destiny bond is always a great idea to take out these strong mons. So maybe having a very tanky Weezing that can take 1 hit from Arceus with Destiny Bond would be a good strategy.

Classic! Always bring your enemies down with you! I guess this is a better option.

On 1/1/2017 at 2:41 AM, Rainlove said:

For me, Ditto-Arceus didn't have any mercy on me. I tried putting it to sleep first with Yawn but Stone Edge never missed and always killed Togekiss. I also tried poisoning it but Arceus was way faster than Toxicroak and murdered my baby with Earthquake. My only option was Magnezone Sturdy which thankfully worked for me :-)

Then I just used my remaining Pokemons to kill it. 

Yeah, Toxicroak isn't that fast. But it doesn't kill my Toxicroak for some reason, and there's possibility Arceus doesn't get poison. So other pokemon with toxic is better option.