[SPOILERS][NOT E16] Dratini's Location.

Revolver

Spoiler

e9f9e2a95f12442ab29d8e35fe8b3ee2.jpg
As all of you(or maybe just some of you) might known, sometimes there are cases of Pokédex and the obtainable Pokémon list might conflict at times. One of these cases is Dratini, where as you can see on the picture above, it's located on Ametrine Mountain whereas the available pokémon list said it is yet to be obtained. The list isn't wrong though, as there is no method of obtaining Dratini as of now.

Since Ame is actually pretty nice regarding the freedom of the player's way of playing the game, and she said that the PBS txt files of the game are free to use(as said in here). I decided to find out by myself out of my very own curiosity.

First thing first, the PBS folder. For those who are familiar with the works of Essentials, these are basically editable text files that contain datas of Trainers, Pokémons, TM, etc, etc,etc,etc.

Anyways, after I little bit of reading up some of the text files in that folder. I found this.
bandicam 2016-12-27 18-14-04-217.jpg

Seems like that we're getting closer. B4F Amentrine? I never heard that before before.

A little fiddling on the game with Essentials, and after some copy pasting of the game client and the PBS files into Essentials, I got the editor.exe to display Reborn's data. By searching the location ID 379, I found this peculiar location.
009aa812838e4003a64cb4d8e8e24e4a.jpg
Going upwards floor by floor on Ametrine, the waterfall goes up all the way until 5F.

bandicam 2016-12-27 18-32-24-807.jpg

Since this is the floor where we found the secret passage on Blake apartment(That I don't even f***ing get how did he made that passage without getting busted), let's go down one floor. There is no way to get there other than ladder from a lower floor over there (See: black spot on the right end of the ice floor.)
bandicam 2016-12-27 18-38-04-262.jpg

Welp, there doesn't seem to be a way to get to the ladder on the top right....

Until you see the bummer part of the discovery...
9a5c57464a3a45ed8604e961ef03bd83.jpg

Yep, you didn't see it wrong. It's blocked off with a Rock Climb wall. Meaning that we can't get there as of E16, and is the very reason it is listed as unobtainable in this website. Ame sure loves making us suffer, doesn't she?

So yeah, as you can see above, Ame have already prepared Dratini's location for quite a while ago. Dratini is only accesible once you can get to use Rock Climb on the overworld.

TL;DR FOR LAZY F***S

Spoiler

Dratini is located deep on Ametrine Mountain on a special area, similar to Feebas. We won't be able to reach it until Rock Climb is usable on the Overworld.

EDIT: Censored the tiny bits of swearing included in the post.

Edited by Revolver

20 minutes ago, WujiKyurem said:

Not even a little bit surprised lol. Also, I did a double-take when I saw a bunch of Level 1 Mew listed under the encounters for the Wasteland Wall.

Checked the dang place because I'm too bored, kek.

bandicam 2016-12-27 20-16-04-128.jpg

It's the place where you get Solosis. I'm not falling for it Ame.

Goes into that place later because I'm bored af.

EDIT: I just realized. You see that grass patch on the lower left corner on that room? She must've putted the Mews on that very single patch, blocked off by fences.

Nice trollin there, Ame.

Edited by Revolver
'discovery'

32 minutes ago, Revolver said:

EDIT: I just realized. You see that grass patch on the lower left corner on that room? She must've putted the Mews on that very single patch, blocked off by fences.

Nice trollin there, Ame.

Good eye. Now nobody will ever have to look under a truck ever again lol. Everything about Byxbysion and everything that happens there is strange; e.g. Mr Bigglesworth, spectral Kiki, the entire Beldum event, etc. And now we have Mew. If we ever get to use Rock Climb in this place, I'm genuinely scared to see what we'll find.

Edited by WujiKyurem

Yeah. The mew thing was mentioned a while back...I suppose this might mean that we won't have rock climb for few episodes (though I do hope it comes out next episode)? Ame doesn't really seem to like giving out pseudo legendaries, especially the more powerful ones.

It's not just Dratini too. If you look hard enough, you'll find that most of the pseudos require Rock Climb. Spoilers below on Pseudo locations.

Larvitar is found in an event at the bottom of the cave on Tanzan Lake. Required Rock Climb to get. Fun fact: You can watch Ame map part of this cave section on her youtube Channel.

Axew is found via egg in LCCC on Route 3. Requires Rock Climb to access that part of the cave.

You can obtain a Dark Material behind Luna in her gym; requires Rock Climb. You need to collect 3 Dark Materials in order to trigger the Deino event.

With Goomy and Beldum already being in the game, the only one I haven't found yet is Bagon. Probably because it's an event that hasn't been mapped yet, or because I haven't checked the list of encounters. My best guess: On top of the waterfall in Agate city

Edit: Oh! And Gible. Forgot about Gible. Not sure where the event for that one will be. Probably Desert?

I will admit though, I'm not a fan of threads like this. It almost feels like cheating; going into the game's code/essentials to find pokemon locations.

Edited by Therrester

2 hours ago, Farnsworth said:

I guess Rock Climb being post game is confirmed then. :) 

Seriously though, I expect it to only be available after the last gym. 

Probably, since Hardy would most likely give us the HM and Saphira would enable us to use it outside of battle.

Edited by WujiKyurem

10 hours ago, Therrester said:

It's not just Dratini too. If you look hard enough, you'll find that most of the pseudos require Rock Climb. Spoilers below on Pseudo locations.

Hide contents

Larvitar is found in an event at the bottom of the cave on Tanzan Lake. Required Rock Climb to get. Fun fact: You can watch Ame map part of this cave section on her youtube Channel.

Axew is found via egg in LCCC on Route 3. Requires Rock Climb to access that part of the cave.

You can obtain a Dark Material behind Luna in her gym; requires Rock Climb. You need to collect 3 Dark Materials in order to trigger the Deino event.

With Goomy and Beldum already being in the game, the only one I haven't found yet is Bagon. Probably because it's an event that hasn't been mapped yet, or because I haven't checked the list of encounters. My best guess: On top of the waterfall in Agate city

Edit: Oh! And Gible. Forgot about Gible. Not sure where the event for that one will be. Probably Desert?

I will admit though, I'm not a fan of threads like this. It almost feels like cheating; going into the game's code/essentials to find pokemon locations.

Felt the same, but then again, without the use of essentials, people won't discover those relationship points thingy. (Uh, Harxorus isn't a pseudo btw.)

Ugh, those Rock Climb locations makes me want to add Rock Climb just for the sake of doing this events... soooo tempting....

14 hours ago, Strider said:

Yeah. The mew thing was mentioned a while back...I suppose this might mean that we won't have rock climb for few episodes (though I do hope it comes out next episode)? Ame doesn't really seem to like giving out pseudo legendaries, especially the more powerful ones.

If anything, those Mews are nothing but Ame being a troll to dataminers. I don't think that there even a rock climb wall to get to that one patch grass patch.