Shelly the nightmare

Anime

i can offer you a sturdy 5iv Dwebble.  By level 29 it can run stealth rock, rock slide, bug bite, and  rock polish or a filler move (it has night slash as an egg move).

I found Shelly fairly easy to beat though.  A strategy I used:

Spoiler

I used Fake-out meowth to stop the rain from going up then Follow me Furret to protect Lava Plume Numel as it swept.

Okay there will be literally no fun doing so. I did made a thread about Shelly as well as a week ago. She was pretty much the toughest gym leader I have faced so far.  

Okay here's the thing, That Rain Dance plus Anorith are your problems. You need to get rid of that Anorith! Do anything to get rid of it (Like seriously CRUSH IT!). That Pokemon is more problem to you than Yanmega. All her other Pokemons can be taken care of.

USE GROWLITHE to change the field. try to survive until Rain Dance stop and then use Flame Burst. Once the field is all fire. All her Pokemons will be one hit dead!

Also, If you use Tranquill (Which can learn Taunt at Lv 27) can help you lag Rain Dance a little bit.

I don't know which starter you picked but if it was Mudkip, you can use Rock Slide ;-)

Also, just like her using Confuse Ray (and always out-speed you no MATTER WHAT) use similar strategy. Confuse her Pokemons.

You also need patience, I had to soft-reset like 30 times until I was able to defeat her.

On 20/12/2016 at 8:54 AM, Fyermind said:

i can offer you a sturdy 5iv

On 20/12/2016 at 8:54 AM, Fyermind said:

i can offer you a sturdy 5iv Dwebble.  By level 29 it can run stealth rock, rock slide, bug bite, and  rock polish or a filler move (it has night slash as an egg move).

Reveal hidden contents

I used Fake-out meowth to stop the rain from going up then Follow me Furret to protect Lava Plume Numel as it swept.

On 20/12/2016 at 9:01 AM, Rainlove said:

Okay there will be literally no fun doing so. I did made a thread about Shelly as well as a week ago. She was pretty much the toughest gym leader I have faced so far.  

Okay here's the thing, That Rain Dance plus Anorith are your problems. You need to get rid of that Anorith! Do anything to get rid of it (Like seriously CRUSH IT!). That Pokemon is more problem to you than Yanmega. All her other Pokemons can be taken care of.

USE GROWLITHE to change the field. try to survive until Rain Dance stop and then use Flame Burst. Once the field is all fire. All her Pokemons will be one hit dead!

Also, If you use Tranquill (Which can learn Taunt at Lv 27) can help you lag Rain Dance a little bit.

I don't know which starter you picked but if it was Mudkip, you can use Rock Slide ;-)

Also, just like her using Confuse Ray (and always out-speed you no MATTER WHAT) use similar strategy. Confuse her Pokemons.

You also need patience, I had to soft-reset like 30 times until I was able to defeat her.

Dwebble.  By level 29 it can run stealth rock, rock slide, bug bite, and  rock polish or a filler move (it has night slash as an egg move).

Reveal hidden contents

i might not have much to offer, so are you really going to trade me a 5iv dwebble? @Rainlove thnkx for the tip

EDIT: i defeated her finally , 

Edited by Amine elhedhili

If people offer you good mons to beat Shelly, by all means go for it, but I would like to point out the game already gives a fairly wide selection of mons to beat her. A combination of Poison, Steel and Fire creatures shuts Shelly down faily easily. Some mons I would use are : Klink (can tank most of her attacks and retaliate relatively hard with Gear Grind), Arbok (paralysis utility with Glare), Nidoking (one of the best mons you can get at this point), Swalot (tanks like a champ), Growlithe (can change the field) and Ponyta (fast fire type).