Team suggestions (again)

laggless01

You know when I asked for suggestions before Agate? No? Whatever.
Not much has changed since then, but now I get the feeling that my mons are fainting a little bit too much to my liking, suspecting that some are getting outclassed at this point.
So, again, I could get some help in getting suitable replacements or additions.
Note that I received some great mons through Wonder trade, but only want to integrate those that are normally available. I also concluded E16's storyline so far as I know (so new event mons can be suggested).

Blaziken, Gardevoir, Archeops and Mamoswine have been static up to now. Archeops consistently pulling his weight and more (definitely a plus on the Glitch Field) helped me out more than I expected. Galvantula has a new toy called Giga Drain, but hasn't really used it much yet.
The new member on the squad is Metagross, Adamant to mash opponents up with Hammer Arm, Agility, Zen Headbutt and, well, Meteor Mash.
In the back I still have Flygon, Zoroark, Diggersby and Crobat, although they haven't seen action after Charlotte.

For a better Dark-type why not try Weavile? It has a lot of power and speed, coupled with some nice options with Brick Break, Night Slash, Icicle Crash, Ice Shard, Taunt and much more. However, be careful when using it in double battles due to its natural frailness and common weaknesses.

For the poison type I'd suggest Roserade since you also don't have a grass type and it is a pretty strong mon.

I noticed you also don't have a Water type, and there are so many great ones out there. Tentacruel, Starmie, Crawdaunt, Rotom-W, and Jellicent are all great options. But if you want my personal opinion I'd say to go with Azumarill. It can hit ridiculously hard with Huge Power, and if you want you can breed it with Belly Drum. If you manage to get a BDrum off Azumarill will be able to OHKO the entire game and hurt a lot of things badly with Aqua Jet. Just make sure to give the Aqua Jet (for a much required priority). I have one on my team, and it is by far the member with the most brute power.

Have you tried Physical Lapras? might just be me but I've found D-Dance Lapras with Bulldoze for speed drop, ice shard for that priority and waterfall for flinch possibility have always been useful, mine was built up in Hp and Attack with an Attack enhancing nature and has been a god send for me

12 minutes ago, Farnsworth said:

For a better Dark-type why not try Weavile? It has a lot of power and speed, coupled with some nice options with Brick Break, Night Slash, Icicle Crash, Ice Shard, Taunt and much more. However, be careful when using it in double battles due to its natural frailness and common weaknesses.

For the poison type I'd suggest Roserade since you also don't have a grass type and it is a pretty strong mon.

I noticed you also don't have a Water type, and there are so many great ones out there. Tentacruel, Starmie, Crawdaunt, Rotom-W, and Jellicent are all great options. But if you want my personal opinion I'd say to go with Azumarill. It can hit ridiculously hard with Huge Power, and if you want you can breed it with Belly Drum. If you manage to get a BDrum off Azumarill will be able to OHKO the entire game and hurt a lot of things badly with Aqua Jet. Just make sure to give the Aqua Jet (for a much required priority). I have one on my team, and it is by far the member with the most brute power.

I could try to get DD Crawdawnt, but for some reason Lapras doesn't hatch with DD from Charmeleon (gotten via Wonder Trade, not using due to Blaziken and unable to get for now in my case), so that one's cooling rn. Also a reason why I can't run that physical Lapras set yet.
Idk if Weavile could add something Mamoswine isn't doing already (Amplifield rock Mist Mamo is so good). But Weavile is one of my fav mons, so I'll reconsider.
Roserade is a massive pain to breed properly, plus its speed tier isn't doing it any favours (although half of my team has the same problem. Only Gardevoir has major trouble with it, as the rest has ways to boost speed on their own). I do have Sticky Web support, but Galvantula is really struggling without Thunder. Maybe I should get Rotom instead, als long as that doesn't lock me out of evolving magnetons etc.
E16-spoilery commentary:

If I shuffle around, I could train a Swampert which gives me*another* ground-type, but in Tandem with Weavile it might work. But again, Mamoswine's utility is a major boon.

Idk where to get Azumarril if it's catchable this episode, otherwise I'd be steroiding that Doomsday into Oblivion. I had Shroomish for a mystery egg mon, which didn't help.

1 minute ago, laggless01 said:

I could try to get DD Crawdawnt, but for some reason Lapras doesn't hatch with DD from Charmeleon (gotten via Wonder Trade, not using due to Blaziken and unable to get for now in my case), so that one's cooling rn. Also a reason why I can't run that physical Lapras set yet.
Idk if Weavile could add something Mamoswine isn't doing already (Amplifield rock Mist Mamo is so good). But Weavile is one of my fav mons, so I'll reconsider.
Roserade is a massive pain to breed properly, plus its speed tier isn't doing it any favours (although half of my team has the same problem. Only Gardevoir has major trouble with it, as the rest has ways to boost speed on their own). I do have Sticky Web support, but Galvantula is really struggling without Thunder. Maybe I should get Rotom instead, als long as that doesn't lock me out of evolving magnetons etc.
E16-spoilery commentary:

Hide contents

If I shuffle around, I could train a Swampert which gives me*another* ground-type, but in Tandem with Weavile it might work. But again, Mamoswine's utility is a major boon.

Idk where to get Azumarril if it's catchable this episode, otherwise I'd be steroiding that Doomsday into Oblivion. I had Shroomish for a mystery egg mon, which didn't help.

You get Azurill from the mystery egg. If you want I can trade you an Azurill.

As for the Weavile I suggested it more because of its Dark type (since without Zoroark you'd be missing Dark coverage), although Bisharp is also a great choise.

The only other poison mon that could replace your Crobat that I can think of would be Toxicroak and Gengar. Although the latter doesn't have any Poison coverage moves atm, IIRC.

Spoiler

Unless we got Sludge Bomb in e16.

1 hour ago, Farnsworth said:

As for the Weavile I suggested it more because of its Dark type (since without Zoroark you'd be missing Dark coverage), although Bisharp is also a great choise.

The only other poison mon that could replace your Crobat that I can think of would be Toxicroak and Gengar. Although the latter doesn't have any Poison coverage moves atm, IIRC.

Hide contents

Hello if you have any spare azurill could you trade with me, I am only at the second Gym but I got some pokes from wonder trades(pawniard,feebas with dragon pulse,goomy,clustle,swinub and some more) so maybe one of them might be of your interest.As for the OP if you didn't have archeops I would recommend Honchkrow, but a spiritomb might be a good idea too considering that it is only weak to fairy and can be physical or special.

12 hours ago, laggless01 said:

You know when I asked for suggestions before Agate? No? Whatever.
Not much has changed since then, but now I get the feeling that my mons are fainting a little bit too much to my liking, suspecting that some are getting outclassed at this point.
So, again, I could get some help in getting suitable replacements or additions.
Note that I received some great mons through Wonder trade, but only want to integrate those that are normally available. I also concluded E16's storyline so far as I know (so new event mons can be suggested).

Blaziken, Gardevoir, Archeops and Mamoswine have been static up to now. Archeops consistently pulling his weight and more (definitely a plus on the Glitch Field) helped me out more than I expected. Galvantula has a new toy called Giga Drain, but hasn't really used it much yet.
The new member on the squad is Metagross, Adamant to mash opponents up with Hammer Arm, Agility, Zen Headbutt and, well, Meteor Mash.
In the back I still have Flygon, Zoroark, Diggersby and Crobat, although they haven't seen action after Charlotte.

10 hours ago, Farnsworth said:

Reveal hidden contents

Maybe a Drapion would be great as it both has dark and poison coverage. It's pretty bulky because of its base defense stat and a solo ground weakness and it could also dish out decent amounts of damage when going for that high crit ratio build. Also although metagross is a great addition to your team, I suggest adding a bit more bulky mons like snorlax or clefable (although they might not be a big help for the upcoming steel type gym leader).

Reveal hidden contents

Since E15 (or 14), the mystery egg nets you one mon out of a small pool. Larvesta, Axew, Vulpix, Marill, Shroomish, Staryu and others could be hatched from it, but it was pre-determined when you started your file. I got Shroomish, so yeah. I do have an Azumarril through Wonder Trade, but I'll consider using it when it is genuinely available for me.
Perhaps a possibility for Poison-types is Dragalge, seeing that I have 3-4 Physical attackers on my team. Not sure where to find a Skrelp at this point, plus no Draco Meteor, Focus Blast, Scald...
Rotom-W still seems a good option to switch Galvantula for, although it makes me lose Sticky Web support in exchange for pivotting. (it does synergize well with Dragalge, tho.)