Wondering if I should switch out any team members

Zuzu

So before I start E16, I want to know if I should keep my team the way it is or switch it up a little. Right now it's Infernape, Roserade, Honchkrow, Gastrodon, Magnezone, and Gardevoir. I kinda wanted to switch out Gastrodon but then I wouldn't have a tanky mon unless I get a tanky mon to swap with Gastrodon. My options at the moment are Prinplup and Walrein to swap Gastro out. The reason I'm considering swapping Gastro is because he gets a somewhat bad movepool. No stab Special ground move, in Reborn at least. I could also just keep the team the same and start E16, but please offer any water types I can get now or after I start E16. Thanks! :)

In general you can use lots of different Pokémon. I personally augmented my team to include 6 main Mons and 6 reserves I could switch in and out at will.

If you want something tanky to replace Gastrodon your best choices in Pokémon are probably Milotic, Empoleon or Rotom. Tentacruel also becomes available in EP16 and can also be quite good. 

I'd look for some sort of ground type to switch out Gastrodon for. Maybe a Flygon or a Golem, one as a fighter and one as a sturdy tank. This still keeps most of the coverage you've got from water and covers a few more like electric, steel, dragon (assuming flygon), and flying (assuming you have stone edge on golem). Up to you to decide if you wanna go water or ground.

I was going to suggest Mudkip as well 

The types are good for you as you don't have neither water nor ground types (considering gastrodon is out). Swampert is bulky, has good damages and a great movepool (learn earthquake by leveling up, and can learn waterfall for the STABs).

Plus, you can catch Mudkip before starting the story of e16.

43 minutes ago, LunarAzumarill said:

Is it part of E16 or is it part of E15? Because I just checked the location guide for mons for EP15, and it says Mudkip is starter only? 

Mudkip was unavailable in e15, but it is now listed as available through in-game event. I'd love to help more, but that's all I know.

Other than that your team seems pretty well-rounded already. The people above made good suggestions for a Gastrodon replacement. I'd suggest you go for the Mudkip option, for your only "weakness" right now is that you rely on Gastrodon for both Water and Ground coverage, both of which being very important, so losing one of these by replacing Gastro with something other than a Ground/Water mon seems unadvisable to me.

6 hours ago, LunarAzumarill said:

Is it part of E16 or is it part of E15? Because I just checked the location guide for mons for EP15, and it says Mudkip is starter only? 

Because I just found Mudkip myself...SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

Spoiler

You need to do the sunken city's key 'quest'. Once you get to the last house (K33 or K28...One of the Ks) it will be hiding in a cupboard.

e0841e97a98cc808b519714d37c68549.png

Right there. 

You need a Lum berry in order for it to join your team. It's level 30 and it will be at 4hp due to being poisoned, poor thing.

Edited by Twitchapher

• 4 weeks later...
On 10.12.2016 at 5:11 AM, Twitchapher said:

Because I just found Mudkip myself...SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

Reveal hidden contents

You need to do the sunken city's key 'quest'. Once you get to the last house (K33 or K28...One of the Ks) it will be hiding in a cupboard.

e0841e97a98cc808b519714d37c68549.png

Right there. 

You need a Lum berry in order for it to join your team. It's level 30 and it will be at 4hp due to being poisoned, poor thing.

Spoiler

Poison Heal worked as well, he just didn't like my Full Heals