Acquiring Heart Scales

Throhdown

If there's one thing I dislike(and at the same time love) about pokemon is the move relearner. I can't deny it's usefulness I only hate the fact that they won't accept any other currency aside from stupid heart shaped scales. I've had quite a bit of difficulty acquiring them in Reborn to the point that I barely ever see them. With the new episode is there a more useful way of acquiring aside from having a pokemon with the Pick Up ability or just crossing your fingers, hoping you'll find one in a mining rock?

I think I saw some luvdisc up in the lake by Tanzan cove with the super rod. They can probably be mined for heartscales.

Also, I've found a lot in this episode with the itemfinder. They seem slightly more common now.

Edited by Strider

You can make mining for heart  scales easier by just soft-resetting the same glowing rock over and over. Just save in front of a rock, and SR.

You also only need a Good Rod for Luvdisc. You get it in a house in Spinel Town.

Edit: If you can take a 'mon with Frisk with you, it'll make farming scales from Luvdisc easier, too.

Edited by ZEL

3 minutes ago, Throhdown said:

how exactly do I get a super rod again and is there anywhere specific you may have found them?

I don't remember the exact spots for finding heartscales, but there were some just sitting on the floor in caves. Apparently the super rod isn't necessary.

Something I kinda forgot about until something indirectly reminded me: If you put a 'mon with Compound Eyes ability at the head of your party, it'll increase the chance of a wild pokémon holding an item. The Compound Eyes 'mon can be a fainted one, so you would only need to put the Frisk one in second spot.

You can also find it relatively often with the pickup ability. 

In general if you have a team full of Pokémon with pickup at level 80, you'll farm Heart Scales, Rare Candies, Ability Capsules (and the occasional leftover!) very frequently. 

22 minutes ago, Throhdown said:

Now I know I started this topic about obtaining heart scales, but i was wondering if there were any faster methods to leveling pokemon as well which is another thing I struggle with.

There are rebattleable trainers in the grand hall, which might help, along with the clowns at agate circus.

Edited by Strider

If you have some downtime between episodes, it's good to catch 5-6 Aipoms on Ametrine Mountain with Pickup (they start at level 40, so less grinding for you), and keep them on your team while you're leveling up new Pokemon. The pickup table is really, really, good, and when you grind up a new Pokemon from an egg, by the time it's level 30 you'll have about 40+ items from Pickup.

21-30: Gives you super repels as the most common item

31-40: Blue Moon Ice Cream becomes possible

51-60: Heart Scales become possible

61-70: Dusk Balls (the best ball imo) become common, ability capsules become possible, blue moon ice cream ends if you go any higher

71-80: Leftovers become possible

81-90: Lucky Eggs become possible

91-100: Sacred Ash becomes possible, Full Restore becomes most common