[OOC] Books, Dreams, and Bleeding Things (1 Slot)

Shamitako

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, so, IC will be up later this evening/tomorrow. Last slot will stay open and can be written in at any time

Just a heads up, not all the PCs will be dropped in at once in a confusing ball of "where are we." You'll be placed separately to start and introduced to the world before meeting up

Did I do something offensive to get dropped in the worst (apparent) situation? :P (note: that is something I use to indicate a joke, if that was not apparent)

Also, I assume this is the first time this happened. Are the characters aware of the whole Colors thing?

Edited by Twinwolf

Is this going to be an ongoing RP where everyone, even ones not in the RP may see it? Because I'm highly interested in the idea and I'd love to watch it play out

That's fantastic; thanks for answering so quickly

Edited by Dypatome

Mostly random whim, you got this situation because I plopped you down and thought up scenarios that fit to each of your capabilities

Ah, yes, I was just about to mention that. This is indeed the first time. As with the name thing, the characters can vaguely feel that the Black is a threat. They'll have to learn about Red and White. Also they probably haven't dealt with the whole body horror thing yet so reacting to that would be prudent so long as it doesn't get you killed

@Dypatome

You're free to read along. I don't think anyone's ever had a PM or otherwise hidden IC on Reborn

Sort of. The physical aspects (Plant's arm, Serpent's tail) can be observed and sorted out. The less so (Latens's power, Serpent's shedding) will know what they can do vaguely but not specifically. For example, Eyes knows she can "look" but she doesn't entirely know what "looking" does

And they get the sense about not using their names, right? Do they come up with 'The [Word] Girl' titles or are they sort of 'assigned' one that they just know?

(also, sorry for all the questions)

Edited by Twinwolf

Do you have that one slot still open? If so, I´d like to enter the game. That´s the perfect setting for me to play an alter version of one of my favorite characters, if that´s acceptable.

(Whoever recognizes who she´s based in gains a cookie)

Character Sheet

Name: Petra

Alias: The War Girl

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Appearance: Petra has black hair, fair skin and clear blue eyes. She is a skinny girl, tall for her age and likes to wear a black tracksuit with details in white, including a crown drawing on the left chest.

Mutilation: Petra´s body turns into a predator form, armored by protusions of black bone. Her hands develop claws and a blue flame lights on her left eye, both it and the protusions of her body growing as she gives in to the book´s power.

Abilities: Petra has the ability of turning parts of her body into weapons for her use. It must be one weapon at a time, and the more powerful the weapon, greater is the toll at her sanity, as the process itself is pretty painful.

The weapons she can use are: swords (slim or broad depending if she wants speed or strenght) and a black bone arm cannon (projectiles are also bone, which makes shooting them a... unique experience). She can also make her armour protusions sharp to have them work as small spikes/axes.

Backstory: Petra is the daughter of a feared criminal boss, and as such people her age always tended to avoid being near her. Her best companions have always been books. Eventually, she finished reading all she had in her house and, in a rainy night when she couldn´t get out for a bookstore, she entered her father´s study to find something to read. The title "Book of War" sounded appealing enough, but little did she know that her own battle was about to begin.

Edited by Notus

The issue isn't the effects (I haven't gotten there yet). It's having a non-organic power for this. I suppose I didn't make it especially clear, but this is designed around Body Horror and Lovecraftian Superpowers

^ I´ll run with that idea then. Probably going to alternate between arm sword and arm cannon most of time and make the process pretty... not pretty.

Sheet edited, anything else to change?