Knight of Argentum ventures into Pokemon Hell!

dan2

Hello, Pokemon Reborn.

Last night I got really bored and decided it was time for a screenshot LP of a Pokemon Game. I've played them all many times, and we're going to make this one interesting and different. It will be randomized, and also a Nuzlocke.

Here is what will be randomized.

- Starters

- Pokemon in general: New stats, new evolutions, new types, new abilities (when I make the randomized file, I'll decide if Wonder Guard is allowed). I will not be capping Pokemon at three stage evolutions

- Held Items

- Field Items

- Moves will have randomized accuracy, type, and power.

- TMs will be randomized. 50/50 compatibility on all TMs and HMs. HMs will have randomized effects, but not randomized locations. I need to get through the game, after all!

- Wild Pokemon in each area are randomized

- Trainer Names and Pokemon will be randomized

- Move tutor compatibility will be randomized (50/50)

- If I missed anything, it's probably randomized

Here are the Nuzlocke rules being followed:

- All Pokemon must be named.

- If a Pokemon faints, it must be released (or put in a dead box, we can decide later). I'll keep a fatality list at the end of the OP.

- One Pokemon caught per area. Since HM compatibility is randomized, I may have to go and catch Pokemon until I have something that can use a certain HM. I doubt it will happen, it hasn't in the past, but it might.

I'll probably start the run this weekend, perhaps earlier. I'll let you guys choose my starter once a game is voted, and that poll will probably last until Thursday night or mid-day Friday (depending on how many votes there are). The poll for game will last until tonight.

Edit 1: lol today is wednesday not thursday

Fatality List (requiescat in pace):

Hopefully this will stay empty!

Edited by Knight of Argentum

Ahh yes, Pokemon Randomizers. Great fun.

I once did a Nuzlocke in Pokemon Black. I got my starter, went out into the magnificent tall grass, and met a level 1 Zekrom as my first opponent. I thought, "Hey, let's catch it, this Nuzlocke will be a breeze after that..." These were my last words before Zekrom proceeded to use Dragon Rage against my level 5 Geodude.

And that was the last time I played a Randomizer...

I once did a Nuzlocke in Pokemon Black. I got my starter, went out into the magnificent tall grass, and met a level 1 Zekrom as my first opponent. I thought, "Hey, let's catch it, this Nuzlocke will be a breeze after that..." These were my last words before Zekrom proceeded to use Dragon Rage against my level 5 Geodude.

It could have been even worse than that. Assuming you didn't randomize movesets (since Zekrom naturally has Dragon Rage at level 1), there's an even more dangerous opponent. The infamous Route 1 Registeel, which learns Explosion at level 1.

This has happened to me more times than I'd like to admit. One time I was trying a Volt White Randomizer (before random evolutions and random move types were an option) and ran into a Lugia route 1. It almost wiped my team of one pokemon, but I ran away. My run ended with the second Cheren battle when his level 12 Zekrom decided to wipe my entire team with its impressive bulk and insane attacking power.

It could have been even worse than that. Assuming you didn't randomize movesets (since Zekrom naturally has Dragon Rage at level 1), there's an even more dangerous opponent. The infamous Route 1 Registeel, which learns Explosion at level 1.

Happened to me in a recent one with another pokemon. On my last randomizer Platinum file, I got to the route leading to Mt. Coronet outside of Eterna city and found you could catch Rayquaza, Palkia, and Registeel all on the same route. I got an Alakazam as my first encounter. It died in one hit to a super-effective move I didn't even know was super-effective. This accurately describes my luck for Nuzlocke runs.

Something similar happened to me on Blaze Black, except it was a Hydreigon on Route 1. It was my first encounter so I was going to catch it, but dragon rage happened

I'll leave the poll up for a bit longer, but it looks like Platinum is going to win out.

TL;DR If you play Pokemon Randomizers, you're gonna have a bad time.

Unless you enjoy suffering through this like I do.

The winner is Pokemon Platinum! I'll post our starters once I open the file up and start a poll for it.

Edited by Knight of Argentum

UPDATE 1: THE POKEMONONING

We're gonna get right into the action. I know you all want to see the Pokemon starter choices.

2d4c5c3d843b5c72fa8ac8d3d9b3cb55.png

I'm sorry, did you just assume my gender was binary?

Well, I guess I'm gonna go for my usual name...

8cc39c54f836fd4ffdb2b43449b3918f.gif

And Satan feels like a man today.

c1ffa1a817b9cb8ae7a4b5e8b85d7d90.png

Haha, yeah, good joke. I don't have friends ;__;

ff5cd457a54a79606f1509acc439e9a5.gif

Our rival will be named after Mattias from Luminous Arc 2. Both are misguided fools. It's fitting.

63b2674dd8c58226b55d106b98ccf328.png

The only thing I'm discovering about myself is I love to suffer. I wouldn't be doing this otherwise, old man.

c25bd39dc787f7884d07a5122b96521b.png

The Lord of Hell has no need for cash.

56317ca9d134d6e93ee2bd52cf628bbf.png

The Lord of Hell can defend himself. If I could send myself out as a Pokemon, this Randolocke would be a lot easier.

c18b8c3da092c47cf33a97053532d2df.png

This guy is a tragic case. He thinks he's cool by liking technology, but little does he know that service was shut down ages ago. Maybe he does have internet though. I want what he has if he can still battle people online from Platinum.

2910665a80ee2ff157b8f8218faa04e9.png

I always like to imagine he's just sitting at the door waiting for me so he can just run out at me.

ef2d65f7a305db29be390d754d592f97.gif

Wow, great plan! Pokemon would be so easy if I could do that!

Cut through all of Rowan's speech...

AND WE HAVE THE STARTER CHOICES!

1c70bf4f3a23b9b084ccf61bfd257a1f.png

Mhm. That's definitely a Turtwig.

dd554558408e4a8dbe6209645ccb6d9a.png

I guess that's pretty close to a Chimchar... They're both Fire types normally.

3e1f337646818cf9789166fcf2468898.png

OMG AN ACTUAL STARTER

Changing the Poll to the starter choices. I'm not going to spoil the starters in the poll, so I will be referring to the starters by the Pokemon they are replacing. This poll will probably last until Friday. Make sure to send in what you want to name the starter along with your choice! (I would also appreciate it if you used the same naming scheme I am until the poll concludes)