Just finished E15, and I'm looking for interesting team suggestions.

KuroCovers

Well, as the title says, I finally caught up to current events in Reborn, and now comes the wait for E16. As such, I'm going to start training up some new team members in my spare time. However, since this is Reborn, I figured I'd try something different. I'd like some suggestions on Pokemon and sets that may not be the everyday standard 'mon or set, but still get the job done. Bonus points for Pokemon that almost nobody uses; the "diamonds in the rough," so to speak. I'm interested in seeing what sets have worked for people, and I'm excited to try some Pokemon that I've never used before!

Well i may not have a full team for you but if you don't already have one, a granbull could be very useful. With it being a fairy type + Intimidate it could be the bane of dragons everywhere (i think we are gonna fight Saphira in ep.16?). It's one of the MVP in my main file. As for movesets, play rough is a definite yes. I also gave it crunch and close combat and strength (though thats a move i may replace with SOMETHING later on just not sure what yet....)

But that's my recommendation.

I also finished the game a week or two ago, and I found these guys to be somewhat helpful.

GARDEVOIR - I used an odd set for a while utilizing Calm Mind and Draining Kiss that turned her into a self-sufficient tank on special-oriented teams. Pretty much helped me win the battle against the Dark leader.

NIDOKING - Sheer Force (when you can get it) kinda helped me through some battles by muscling through. You have a couple decent moves to take advantage of like Sludge Wave and Earth Power. Same regards go to NIDOQUEEN in a way.

STEELIX - Good lord it has a decent amount of utility for Singles. It is definitely your "diamond in the rough" because you can either run a Sturdy set with Rocks for those annoying Gyms like the Fire and Flying ones (sort of) or you can run a Curse Sheer Force version. It's an amazing physical wall and has a respectable 85 Atk. Also Gyro Ball. And coupled with EQ and a Fang or Rock move, you got some decent coverage.

ROTOM - If you wanna bother going through that event, it'd be worth your time. But Rotom is merely Rotom, since you can change forms, but I forgot where.

MACHAMP - RN-Jesus + No Guard Dynamic Punch = Amazing.

BARBARACLE - Best Shell Smash user I believe we can get. Easily a "diamond in the rough" with roughly 5 types of good coverage to it via TMs and natural moveset (I think).

Well i may not have a full team for you but if you don't already have one, a granbull could be very useful. With it being a fairy type + Intimidate it could be the bane of dragons everywhere (i think we are gonna fight Saphira in ep.16?). It's one of the MVP in my main file. As for movesets, play rough is a definite yes. I also gave it crunch and close combat and strength (though thats a move i may replace with SOMETHING later on just not sure what yet....)

But that's my recommendation.

Granbull, huh? I remember falling in love with Granbull in the Emerald Battle Frontier way back when. This could be useful as a physical fairy-type, since I wasn't lucky enough to get Azurill from the mystery egg and Mawile doesn't have it's mega yet. I'll give it a shot! As for the fourth move for your granbull, perhaps try one of the elemental fangs? Also, if you have a full team you'd like to suggest, by all means, do so!

I also finished the game a week or two ago, and I found these guys to be somewhat helpful.

GARDEVOIR - I used an odd set for a while utilizing Calm Mind and Draining Kiss that turned her into a self-sufficient tank on special-oriented teams. Pretty much helped me win the battle against the Dark leader.

NIDOKING - Sheer Force (when you can get it) kinda helped me through some battles by muscling through. You have a couple decent moves to take advantage of like Sludge Wave and Earth Power. Same regards go to NIDOQUEEN in a way.

STEELIX - Good lord it has a decent amount of utility for Singles. It is definitely your "diamond in the rough" because you can either run a Sturdy set with Rocks for those annoying Gyms like the Fire and Flying ones (sort of) or you can run a Curse Sheer Force version. It's an amazing physical wall and has a respectable 85 Atk. Also Gyro Ball. And coupled with EQ and a Fang or Rock move, you got some decent coverage.

ROTOM - If you wanna bother going through that event, it'd be worth your time. But Rotom is merely Rotom, since you can change forms, but I forgot where.

MACHAMP - RN-Jesus + No Guard Dynamic Punch = Amazing.

BARBARACLE - Best Shell Smash user I believe we can get. Easily a "diamond in the rough" with roughly 5 types of good coverage to it via TMs and natural moveset (I think).

Alright, I think I'll do this as a list...

Gardevoir - I already have one on my team, and she's put in quite a bit of work. I have a specially-offensive set with destiny bond for taking out crucial Pokémon. *CoughTerra'sGarchompCough*

Nidoking - I can see where you're coming from with this. Sheer force Nidoking could be powerful. Would you recommend a physical or special set?

Steelix - I could definitely see lead Steelix being viable. I could maybe Sub/SR with EQ and Ice Fang, or roar for a goofy phasing set. I like this suggestion.

Rotom - I was planning to use Rotom-Wash (it was the first Pokémon I was going to breed for), but I guess I can make one Rotom for each form. I was gonna use a weird dual screen set with light clay, but I'll play around and see what works. Also, if you wanted to change Rotom's forms, there's a house in Ametrine city that will let you do it.

Machamp - Used on in my Sapphire playthrough, and it put in work. I'm assuming it got better in later gens, so I'd definitely be down to use this.

Barbaracle - I've never used this Pokémon before, but I remember some hype in early X and Y over shell smash Barbaracle. I'll try Shell Smash and white herb. I like this one, as well.

Step 1: Catch Emolga

Step 2: Have Nuzzle + Electro Ball on it

Step 3: There's no Step 3! you can sweep everything with just 2 Steps

Seriously Emolga is amazing

Emolga, huh? I thought it's usefulness declined after early game. That set actually seems pretty cool, though. I was going to breed Dedenne because of nuzzle, but I think Emolga might make better use of it. Thanks, St3ffo! Edited by KuroCovers

Step 1: Catch Emolga

Step 2: Have Nuzzle + Electro Ball on it

Step 3: There's no Step 3! you can sweep everything with just 2 Steps

Seriously Emolga is amazing

i did the same with pachirisu so i can imagine emolga can do it even better

poor blake ... lost from pachirisu + seaking duo

Regarding Nidoking, with available TMs, go either full on Special or or mixed with 1 physical move. The best coverage option you have right now is probably Flamethrower beside Earth Power and Sludge Wave.

For Barbaracle, you'd be surprised how much good coverage it has, mainly Razor Shell, Cross Chop, and Stone Edge. 2 or which get a boost from the Tough Claws ability. I used Barbaracle to eat up one decent hit, boost it, and proceed to wreck shit up.

In that same vein, I found a Chesnaught from a sidequest and found it particularly useful in a few Gyms, but do whatever really.

Regarding Nidoking, with available TMs, go either full on Special or or mixed with 1 physical move. The best coverage option you have right now is probably Flamethrower beside Earth Power and Sludge Wave.

For Barbaracle, you'd be surprised how much good coverage it has, mainly Razor Shell, Cross Chop, and Stone Edge. 2 or which get a boost from the Tough Claws ability. I used Barbaracle to eat up one decent hit, boost it, and proceed to wreck shit up.

In that same vein, I found a Chesnaught from a sidequest and found it particularly useful in a few Gyms, but do whatever really.

I'm pretty sure that Nidoking gets Surf as well, so perhaps that could be the fourth coverage move? In that case, I need to find out if we can currently obtain Wise Glasses. If not, I'll just use the one Life Orb I have. As for Barbaracle, I looked at its moveset, and I think what you suggested works best. I'll try out White Herb Barbaracle, especially if the gym leader for E16 is who I think it is... Finally, Chesnaught. I got the Chespin egg from the Oddishweed quest, but I have no idea what to run on it. I guess I'll spend some time looking at its movepool and building sets.

If I were you, I'd prepare for eps. 16 by looking up what pokemon might get a mega form ;) Maybe we'll get them by next episode and those could be great! And ofcourse there is one important pokemon: Metagross :D

As far as I know, we can currently get Abomasite, Banettite, Heracronite, and Pinsirite. I was planning of breeding for a Pinsir and Heracross, but I guess I'll go for Snover and Shuppet as well, now that I think about it. As for Metagross, you can bet that I did the Beldum event as soon as possible. I think I've done every event in the game so far except for Darumaka... I keep forgetting that one.

Thank you both for the suggestions!

Edited by KuroCovers

I decided to make a Baton Pass team after I finished E15. I'm looking forward to trying it out on future gym battles (it works great against the Grand Hall trainers though! lol). Obviously, against teams with access to haze or double battles, this team is shit, but it should be fun to have in the wings in case my main squad is running into issues.

Here it is:

Smeargle(your lead): Ingrain, spore, substitute, Baton Pass

Drifblim(alternate lead): Minimize, substitute, Baton Pass, amnesia

Scolipede (Speed Boost): Iron Defense, Protect, Agility, Baton Pass

Gligar: Swords Dance, Knock off, Substitute, Baton Pass

Metagross (or anything else, really): Meteor mash, zen headbutt, hammer arm, coverage move of choice.

There's room for one more pokemon, but I couldn't think of anything else it needs. HM slave I guess?

Edited by Issege

I decided to make a Baton Pass team after I finished E15. I'm looking forward to trying it out on future gym battles (it works great against the Grand Hall trainers though! lol). Obviously, against teams with access to haze or double battles, this team is shit, but it should be fun to have in the wings in case my main squad is running into issues.

Here it is:

Smeargle(your lead): Ingrain, spore, substitute, Baton Pass

Drifblim(alternate lead): Minimize, substitute, Baton Pass, amnesia

Scolipede (Speed Boost): Iron Defense, Protect, Agility, Baton Pass

Gligar: Swords Dance, Knock off, Substitute, Baton Pass

Metagross (or anything else, really): Meteor mash, zen headbutt, hammer arm, coverage move of choice.

There's room for one more pokemon, but I couldn't think of anything else it needs. HM slave I guess?

Possibly Vaporeon to pass wishes? I would drop Iron Defense on Scolipede (give it Megahorn) and give Vaporeon Acid Armor, Baton Pass, Wish, Protect/Scald/Toxic.