Missable Custscenes and Alternate Results in the game

Lord C

So, I have been reading stuff and thigns about the story and realized what I wrote in the title happens more times than I imagined. Also that I may have done goofed a few times, indirectly handicapped Melia and stuff like that.

So, apparently, there are cutscenes we can miss in the game. The first I noticed was confronting Ren in the library during the beginning of the game. Then, I realized there is also a case of some cutscene that I also missed that shows the origin of Angie.

Also, it seems there are different results to our choices in Rejuvenation, more than Reborn, in which the game continued with some dialogues changing. First one that comes to my mind is the Magma Stone quest.

I chose to keep the stone over the granny's life, which resulted in the maid trying to take it away by force which resulted in breaking it. In the other stiuation, which we give right away, we lose the stone, BUUUUT as it turns out, something would happen and Crawli would reveal another path to the cave which could be used to acquire another Magma Stone.

Now, while in the above one the result is about the same, we have another scene which our actions, this time indirectly, change the story. Well, I have to admit, I let the Garbodor die. Then, laaaater I learned that had I used the key I found in the ground in the past to open an apartment, something would be gotten that would allow Erick to save the Garbodor in the future. What really was interesting was that in my playthrough, after that, Melia points out in a conversation that she doesn't have a full team; only 5 pokemon, which means that in the long run, the results of my actions would either mean she will lack firepower in a future battle, or catch a different pokemon to cover the last slot. Which makes me think that in the other scenario she would keep the Garbodor.

The last variation of scenarios I identified was by the end of the most recent episode. We are give ways to expose or keep shut about the admin of Bladestar. I saw the three outcomes and chose to keep silent all the way.

''Gee, Lord C, why would you do that?''

Because Absol girl was right: I have to analyze and decide what's right myself. Exposing the girl to her brother leads her to be captured with use thinking we did the right thing until she is taken away by the police, which made me realize it may have been a bad idea. Telling her that we know the truth leads us to joining Bladestar, which doesn't seem exactly evil, more like extremists. Now, while we have the choice of exposing her or not after that (I would choose ''not'' in this case) this would mean we would be members of Bladestar which means should shit happen to them in next episode, we may be discovered as new recruit and shit happens to us too.

Telling Absol girl of the truth seemed the right thing, but it results in Flora (Yay! I remembered her name) being exposed yadda yadda, doesnt seem like a good idea. So, I decided to remain silent, which probably will give me more of a freedom on what to do in the next episode.

So, my point in this thread is: anyone knows about these missable cutscenes and what happens in them and others of that kind? Also, same to the alternate scenarios? And lastly, what do you think will be the results of our choices regarding Florin and Flora in the next episode?

Well, I was so happy about Version 8, that I decided to make recordings of every choice possible regarding Flora, Florin and the Bladestar Facility. At least I think that I have covered them all.

Feel free to check it out, if that's what you are looking for. Perhaps you can tell me if I missed a choice. I didn't replay when Version 8 came out, so perhaps I missed some of the other cutscenes..

Edit: I also wrote one script for one of the choices. I know that it's a bit unrelated, but I feel like posting it, anyway. Did it for another person who couldn't play Version 8 at the time:

You board the train to Grand Dream City - Lots of chatter between Melia, Kanon and Venam - You meet "Crystal" (Nims sister, the girl you met in the Lunatome/Solrock hybrid side quest, April, I believe?) - You discover that she has the same physic powers as her sister. - She discovers that the train tracks are broken. - She stops the train using her powers, her "aura". - You enter Route 7. - You are trying to find a way to fix the tracks, if you go north, you discover that the bridge to Grand Dream City, where you wanted to call for help, got broken.. same as the tracks, coincidence? I think not. Thus, you go to a town called "Oblitius Town" south of the train tracks, searching for an old man called Kelvin, who can fix the tracks. Crystal decides to talk to Kanon, you won't see him for the rest of the episode. So, if you feel like fanboying about him, you should initiate the dialogue once you're done. - You encounter a girl in a place called "Darchlight Forest" right next to Route 7 - Girl turns out to be a Gym Leader, so does her brother whom you also meet. - You encounter the girl again, see her placing a probe in the forest, revealing herself as an Admin of an organization called "Team Bladestar" - You follow the girl, she goes by the name of Flora. - You meet Flora and her brother, Florin. Who's also a Gym Leader. Apparently, everyone in this Version is a Gym Leader. - Unfortunately, you were standing on a pile of leaves and hear a cracking noise. - You and the siblings fall down into a prison cell. - You meet Erin, who's searching for Aelita, trapped adjacent in the prison cell left of you. - Flora gets rude which triggers Erin and makes her (I had a very hard time determining if it was a "he" or a "she", before reading it in the dialogue.) jump on some boxes, out of the prison cell. - Erin brags about how she could have gotten out of the prison cell at any time. - Erin helps you and the siblings getting out of the prison cell. - One of the siblings suggest that you should find a way out of the cave. - You get the option to either join Flora (Middle Path), Florin (Left Path) or Erin (Right Path) depending of your choice, the story line will change. I went with Flora, mainly because I was curious. - You discover an old facility of Bladestar, searching for a way out of the cave. - Flora goes to the computer in order to find a way out. - You get the choice to either "Confront Flora" or "Keep Quiet", I went with "Confront Flora", expecting her to smash my head in during several Pokémon battles that end up with me losing over and over again.. instead.. - ... She changes clothes and introduces herself as the Co-Founder of Team Bladestar, explaining the intentions of the organization and that they aren't as bad as you may think. They actually only wish to replace the government of Grand Dream City since the current government is run by "greedy and corrupted pigs", according to her, at least. She also makes you an honorary member of Team Bladestar. You can't reject or anything, so.. deal with it. She also tells you not to tell anyone, otherwise she ends up getting in trouble. How, I do not know, maybe somebody else will tell you.. moving on.. - Flora changes her clothes again, being normal Flora again. - You find out that there's still Bladestar members left in this cave. - Flora teams up with you, disguised as her normal self, I guess.. - You fight several Bladestar members who have laughable teams, except for the Spelunker grunt who turns up just as you wanted to leave the cave, he also has a giant Dugtrio Robot.. for whatever reason, his team is still laughable. So you end up beating him, hopefully without losing. - You leave the cave. - More dialogue, you get the chance to reveal Flora's secret in a conversation between her, Florin and Erin. However, you also get the option to simply "Keep Quiet." I went with "Keep Quiet." since I could never stab a girl in the back, deal with it. She also promises you a Gym Fight which you'll have in Darchlight Forest. - You beat the Gym Fight, which is very difficult due to her Pokémon all having her special move "Uproot" which lowers the Sp. Def of your Pokémon by two stages. I barely made it first try. - Venam discovered something during the Gym Fight and tells you and the company about it. - You leave Darchlight Forest and enter Route 7 through Nectar Forest. - You discover the crash site of Saki's.. roboter vehicle thingy, Venam and Melia go on to assume that Valarie, Adam, Braixen and Saki are nearby. - Everybody leaves you alone. - You go in Darchlight Forest again, talking to Erin and seeing her complain about how much of an annoying girl Aelita is. She didn't find her, after all. - Melia and Venam have a dramatic entrance. - Erin sees Melia and takes a step back apparently being surprised about seeing her, saying "What kind of a sick game is this?!" and "Why the hell do you look like...?!" followed by "I'm sorry, but you... nevermind. I was out of line. Get over it." which kinda hints that Melia is in fact Marianette and that Erin remembers her.. because of some event that is not yet known. - It's hinted that Aelita got cured by Erin and her grandma. - Erin mentions that he has one place left to check. - Everyone leaves you alone.. again. - You go to the train. - Trying to enter the train will trigger Crystal to come outside. - You get the HM 04 - Strength from her. - She remarks how strong you've become since you last met. - Erin joins. - Minor exchange of dialogue. - Latios flies by.. or Latias, probably Latios, you only see the shadow. - Crystal gives her train ticket to Erin and runs off, saying that Kanon will be back soon, "hopefully". - Version 8 ends..

Thank me later! You made me re-watch all the footage that I recorded, haha..

Version 9: Sneak Preview: "???": "This is where I found him. Laying soulessly on the ground. Completetly encased in stone. Who could be responsible, I wonder? No matter what, I shall be the one to find out."

Edited by Lagspike

Well, I was so happy about Version 8, that I decided to make recordings of every choice possible regarding Flora, Florin and the Bladestar Facility. At least I think that I have covered them all.

Feel free to check it out, if that's what you are looking for. Perhaps you can tell me if I missed a choice. I didn't replay when Version 8 came out, so perhaps I missed some of the other cutscenes..

Edit: I also wrote one script for one of the choices. I know that it's a bit unrelated, but I feel like posting it, anyway. Did it for another person who couldn't play Version 8 at the time:

You board the train to Grand Dream City - Lots of chatter between Melia, Kanon and Venam - You meet "Crystal" (Nims sister, the girl you met in the Lunatome/Solrock hybrid side quest, April, I believe?) - You discover that she has the same physic powers as her sister. - She discovers that the train tracks are broken. - She stops the train using her powers, her "aura". - You enter Route 7. - You are trying to find a way to fix the tracks, if you go north, you discover that the bridge to Grand Dream City, where you wanted to call for help, got broken.. same as the tracks, coincidence? I think not. Thus, you go to a town called "Oblitius Town" south of the train tracks, searching for an old man called Kelvin, who can fix the tracks. Crystal decides to talk to Kanon, you won't see him for the rest of the episode. So, if you feel like fanboying about him, you should initiate the dialogue once you're done. - You encounter a girl in a place called "Darchlight Forest" right next to Route 7 - Girl turns out to be a Gym Leader, so does her brother whom you also meet. - You encounter the girl again, see her placing a probe in the forest, revealing herself as an Admin of an organization called "Team Bladestar" - You follow the girl, she goes by the name of Flora. - You meet Flora and her brother, Florin. Who's also a Gym Leader. Apparently, everyone in this Version is a Gym Leader. - Unfortunately, you were standing on a pile of leaves and hear a cracking noise. - You and the siblings fall down into a prison cell. - You meet Erin, who's searching for Aelita, trapped adjacent in the prison cell left of you. - Flora gets rude which triggers Erin and makes her (I had a very hard time determining if it was a "he" or a "she", before reading it in the dialogue.) jump on some boxes, out of the prison cell. - Erin brags about how she could have gotten out of the prison cell at any time. - Erin helps you and the siblings getting out of the prison cell. - One of the siblings suggest that you should find a way out of the cave. - You get the option to either join Flora (Middle Path), Florin (Left Path) or Erin (Right Path) depending of your choice, the story line will change. I went with Flora, mainly because I was curious. - You discover an old facility of Bladestar, searching for a way out of the cave. - Flora goes to the computer in order to find a way out. - You get the choice to either "Confront Flora" or "Keep Quiet", I went with "Confront Flora", expecting her to smash my head in during several Pokémon battles that end up with me losing over and over again.. instead.. - ... She changes clothes and introduces herself as the Co-Founder of Team Bladestar, explaining the intentions of the organization and that they aren't as bad as you may think. They actually only wish to replace the government of Grand Dream City since the current government is run by "greedy and corrupted pigs", according to her, at least. She also makes you an honorary member of Team Bladestar. You can't reject or anything, so.. deal with it. She also tells you not to tell anyone, otherwise she ends up getting in trouble. How, I do not know, maybe somebody else will tell you.. moving on.. - Flora changes her clothes again, being normal Flora again. - You find out that there's still Bladestar members left in this cave. - Flora teams up with you, disguised as her normal self, I guess.. - You fight several Bladestar members who have laughable teams, except for the Spelunker grunt who turns up just as you wanted to leave the cave, he also has a giant Dugtrio Robot.. for whatever reason, his team is still laughable. So you end up beating him, hopefully without losing. - You leave the cave. - More dialogue, you get the chance to reveal Flora's secret in a conversation between her, Florin and Erin. However, you also get the option to simply "Keep Quiet." I went with "Keep Quiet." since I could never stab a girl in the back, deal with it. She also promises you a Gym Fight which you'll have in Darchlight Forest. - You beat the Gym Fight, which is very difficult due to her Pokémon all having her special move "Uproot" which lowers the Sp. Def of your Pokémon by two stages. I barely made it first try. - Venam discovered something during the Gym Fight and tells you and the company about it. - You leave Darchlight Forest and enter Route 7 through Nectar Forest. - You discover the crash site of Saki's.. roboter vehicle thingy, Venam and Melia go on to assume that Valarie, Adam, Braixen and Saki are nearby. - Everybody leaves you alone. - You go in Darchlight Forest again, talking to Erin and seeing her complain about how much of an annoying girl Aelita is. She didn't find her, after all. - Melia and Venam have a dramatic entrance. - Erin sees Melia and takes a step back apparently being surprised about seeing her, saying "What kind of a sick game is this?!" and "Why the hell do you look like...?!" followed by "I'm sorry, but you... nevermind. I was out of line. Get over it." which kinda hints that Melia is in fact Marianette and that Erin remembers her.. because of some event that is not yet known. - It's hinted that Aelita got cured by Erin and her grandma. - Erin mentions that he has one place left to check. - Everyone leaves you alone.. again. - You go to the train. - Trying to enter the train will trigger Crystal to come outside. - You get the HM 04 - Strength from her. - She remarks how strong you've become since you last met. - Erin joins. - Minor exchange of dialogue. - Latios flies by.. or Latias, probably Latios, you only see the shadow. - Crystal gives her train ticket to Erin and runs off, saying that Kanon will be back soon, "hopefully". - Version 8 ends..

Thank me later! You made me re-watch all the footage that I recorded, haha..

Version 9: Sneak Preview: "???": "This is where I found him. Laying soulessly on the ground. Completetly encased in stone. Who could be responsible, I wonder? No matter what, I shall be the one to find out."

Holy shit! Thanks a lot, bro!

• 2 weeks later...