Looking for versatile pokemons

frizzler

So i'm at Aya's gym and so far i brute forced my way with Charizard 45 Emolga 44 and Mightyena 42. The rest I kinda changed from the best i could get. So i am looking for some versatile pokemons (if there is such a thing in pokemon reborn) that could stay around for some time without having to change too much.

I would strongly recommend rescuing the police officers in the Jasper Ward and grabbing the rewards for that quest: a Growlithe, and, in exchange for a Growlithe egg, you receive a mystery egg that contains a very strong Pokemon that might not be obtainable otherwise, like Axew or Larvesta. I found Ludicolo to be a solid option, but it does take some understanding of its learnsets to make it not terrible. For starters, you can't evolve Lotad until level 30 or 36 so you can get Giga Drain or Energy Ball respectively for Grass STAB moves. Otherwise, it's kinda screwed Grass-moves wise. And then you must keep your new Lombre from evolution until level 44 for Hydro Pump to give yourself a more powerful Water move until Surf much later on.

I would strongly recommend rescuing the police officers in the Jasper Ward and grabbing the rewards for that quest: a Growlithe, and, in exchange for a Growlithe egg, you receive a mystery egg that contains a very strong Pokemon that might not be obtainable otherwise, like Axew or Larvesta. I found Ludicolo to be a solid option, but it does take some understanding of its learnsets to make it not terrible. For starters, you can't evolve Lotad until level 30 or 36 so you can get Giga Drain or Energy Ball respectively for Grass STAB moves. Otherwise, it's kinda screwed Grass-moves wise. And then you must keep your new Lombre from evolution until level 44 for Hydro Pump to give yourself a more powerful Water move until Surf much later on.

thanks for the help

I have no idea how do I get the egg? I already got the growlithe, any guides on it?

Edited by frizzler

I use Roserade and Porygon-z as my sweeper. you can get budew at early game, and can evolve to roselia by raising its happiness. I also use porygon, though you can only evolve it after finding the upgrade item.

Edited by reynald29

thanks for the help

I have no idea how do I get the egg? I already got the growlithe, any guides on it?

You need to breed the growlithe you get from the police side-quest. Once you have it as a egg go to the police station and there should be a officer that talks bout how his growlithe was stolen. Talk to him to him till he ask if you would trade a growlithe egg for an egg he found. For mons to help vs aya a swoobat is your friend. If you find a woobat with simple it will make your life easier. Just clam mind once or twice then use psychic should do wonders to her.

Sandile in Tanzan Mountain, Zubat in the Byxbision Tunnels, Misdreavus in the secret grotto.. heck, you have a lot of options, including the one's that were previously mentioned. You just got to search for them. Another tip would be Magnemite in Shade's Gym. It's very useful and viable in Reborn, since it evolves into Magneton (I forgot to evolve Magneton into Magnezone and ended up with a Magneton Lv. 77 at the end of Episode 15. That's how good it is, it never failed me. No, it was one of the best members of my team. It even outsped many foes that I didn't think it would.) at Lv. 30, which is early. Just make sure to evolve it after the incident in Tanzan Mountain and before you enter Agate Circus. You can also find the Corrupted Poké Ball in the hidden part of the Railnet and get yourself a Ralts, which evolves into Kirlia at Lv. 20 and Gardevoir at Lv. 30, which is a beast with Calm Mind and Psychic. You can also get yourself a Shiny Stone and evolve it into Gallade, which is a good Psychic/Fighting type, at least until you get something like Lucario, which is very late in the current game.

And Growlithe/Arcanine? While it may be viable in competitive, it requires breeding and egg moves to be decent. Without it and proper EV training, it's merely a relatively bulky and balanced mixed attacker that gets outclassed by every dedicated special/physical attacker, at least in my opinion. I did use an Arcanine in Rejuvenation and it served me well, but in the end, Chandelure just destroyed it in terms of viability. I think you're good with your Charizard, to be honest. However, that's just my opinion. My team ended up being composed of Blaziken, Milotic, Magneton (Which is now a proud Magnezone), Crobat, Krookodile and Gardevoir, with a Modest Roserade being in rotation. And while I don't urge you to copy my team, I must say that it carried me through many situations where I thought that I would lose, but ended up winning anyway. In the end, every team is somewhat unique, and that's good.

Finally, check out http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/?showtopic=6802 for reference where to find the Pokémon that I've mentioned, or others that you may be looking for yourself:

Edited by Lagspike

Thanks for the tips. I'll get ralts. Also about the breeding how exactly do I do it? (really noob in pokemon games) I know you need to go to the daycare but what else? I've tried searching some guides but they usually teach advance stuff. Might also get Crobat, Magnemite, Serperior but I don't know what can I get good in terms of ground pokemons...

You breed by having 2 pokemon of the same egg group of opposite genders in the daycare together. Or just get ditto and the pokemon you want an egg of. It takes a certain amount of steps for an egg to be conceived, and when it is, you talk to the Day Care Man that is outside the Day Care Centre.

Also you can't get Snivy if you didn't get it as a starter as of Episode 15.

Thanks for the tips. I'll get ralts. Also about the breeding how exactly do I do it? (really noob in pokemon games) I know you need to go to the daycare but what else? I've tried searching some guides but they usually teach advance stuff. Might also get Crobat, Magnemite, Serperior but I don't know what can I get good in terms of ground pokemons...

Sandile is a Ground/Dark type, so is Krookodile, it's last evolution.

If you want versatile, Why not a rotom?

Ever want another type? Plug it into a computer and update it's software.

Since you're such a noob, you'll probably need this. http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=16407&page=1 Information on whatever pokemon's location you desire.

You can even get a rayquaza if you talk to a pile of books in the grand hall.