I was trying to ''transfer'' pokemon through save files and...

Lord C

Well, from my previous thread you understand: I tried making near-identical copies of the pokemon I bred in from my cleared file into my new one after I got Destiny Knot and Ditto in it, in order to not go through the whole breeding process again.

I made them in the Grand Hall, which I theorized would be the safest place in the game for that. Problem is, in their information it is listed that I acquired them in the Grand Hall, not from hatched egg, but more like I found/got them there. And I can't find any way to alter that. Like, I can alter OT, gender, nickname, but not the actual origin of how I got it.

Is there a problem/long therm bug, something dangerous like that in running around with pokemon like that? Is there a way for me to avert this problem? Or should I use them into breeding and then alter the egg into being a copy of the parents, to avert these thigns? But would doing so, use a made pokemon to breed, would another problem arise?

Think of the location on the pokemon like a nickname where it's pretty much just a program that displays letters. Worse comes to worse, the data you had on them will just give an unknown location should a map be deleted. Adding Pokemon in is generally safe, but I generally don't encourage means of cheating other than for challenge runs and obviously testing the game which is its intentional purpose.

So long as you don't touch the scripts and the game variables/switches, it's pretty hard to break or damage a game unless of course you walk through walls which of course can lead to events out of order screwing how the game functions. Though funny enough, breeding kind of is obsolete if you're adding Pokemon in the first place.

Think of the location on the pokemon like a nickname where it's pretty much just a program that displays letters. Worse comes to worse, the data you had on them will just give an unknown location should a map be deleted. Adding Pokemon in is generally safe, but I generally don't encourage means of cheating other than for challenge runs and obviously testing the game which is its intentional purpose.

So long as you don't touch the scripts and the game variables/switches, it's pretty hard to break or damage a game unless of course you walk through walls which of course can lead to events out of order screwing how the game functions. Though funny enough, breeding kind of is obsolete if you're adding Pokemon in the first place.

Well, I actually tried to make it as fair as possible, to not feel like I'm cheating. Like, only doing this whole stuff after acquiring Ditto and Destiny Knot, only transfering bred pokemon that I have access in the current point in the story (so I wont make a copy of my 5IV Hawlucha, since we can't get a Hawlucha before the whole Agate Circus thing, I transfered my Noibat, since I got one already here). I did the whole breeding while waiting for ep 16, so when I decided to startover, I couldn't make myself throw away all the hours I used up in breeding.

That aside, I don't know if it is a bug or a side-effect of creating this pokemon, but sometimes in Apophill Academy, while I'm passing near walls, the sprites flicker.

Well, I actually tried to make it as fair as possible, to not feel like I'm cheating. Like, only doing this whole stuff after acquiring Ditto and Destiny Knot, only transfering bred pokemon that I have access in the current point in the story (so I wont make a copy of my 5IV Hawlucha, since we can't get a Hawlucha before the whole Agate Circus thing, I transfered my Noibat, since I got one already here). I did the whole breeding while waiting for ep 16, so when I decided to startover, I couldn't make myself throw away all the hours I used up in breeding.

That aside, I don't know if it is a bug or a side-effect of creating this pokemon, but sometimes in Apophill Academy, while I'm passing near walls, the sprites flicker.

Missingno is said to haunt the Academy so that's probably it.

or glitches cause ya know