looking for a water type to add to my team

sandy

i got a new pc and decided to copy my saves over but some of them vanished form my memory stick namly reborn so i'm starting again. i my last playthrough i had a mudkip i searched the pokemon location guide and found out that it was replaced with squirtle, now im looking for recomendations on what i should get for that spot curently i only have 2 badges but that dosent mean i cant take suggestions for later avalible pokemon. altho it can't be anything that i require surf for.

my team curently stands at:

electrike l18 (just cought)

mightyena l26 (may replace wiht umberon when i get eevee havent decided yet)

noibat l26

charmelion l27

i plan to have more than 6 like my other play through so i can swap depending on the leader im facing.

i noticed i put this in the wrong place can a mod move this to the on the hunt section please

Edited by sandy

If you rescue all the police officers and get the Growlithe, you can breed it and give one of the officers the Growlithe egg. In return, he will give you a random Pokemon egg, I think it's 18 different Pokemon, if you do a quick search you can find it. IIRC you cannot soft reset for the egg as it's predetermined when you start. I did get a water type, Frillish. Wasn't bad.

The ones I know for a fact that you can obtain right now are Goldeen and Finneon, from the small pool inside Lower Peridot.

You can also try Panpour and Surskit from Events in Peridot as well. If you can wait a little longer, you MIGHT get Ducklett from an egg, or wait even later for a Corsola(event) or Binacle at Apophyll.

Lastly, you can try your luck at getting a Gen 1 fossil type from mining and reviving them at Spinel Town.

Kabutops isn't very water-y but Omastar might work out for you.