Steel type mono run questions

Marrowborne

Im thinking of doing a steel-type mono run on youtube, and as such curious as to what steel types are available early enough that I can still have a challenge, and still habe a decently full team.

I know piplup evolves into a steel/water type but beyond that I have no clue. Should I request an extra pokemon or two?

For my Steel run, up until Corey I used Klink, Forretress and Wormadam-T. (With Piplup as my starter.)

You get Burmy and Pineco from headbutting trees (for Burmy you gotta get into the little garden in the Peridot ward), and Klink can be found in the Underground Railnet if you enter from the Obsidia Ward.

You could also request to have someone give you a Steel type from the mystery egg that you get in the police quest. You can get Pawniard or Drilbur that way. (If you don't use your mons until they acquire the Steel typing and are desperate for a big team, then you might wanna choose Pawniard. But do know that Drilbur can only be gotten from the egg as of now, whereas you can get Pawniard late-game.)

Edited by Ama

you doing a normal reborn run or the hardcore run?

cause i few minutes go i asked a few pokemon in the request a mon topic to do a hardcore run

i think normal run is a little challenge, but the hardcore run is going to be a hell

Depends on what your usual playstyle is and how much experience you have with the game itself.

If you've already played through the game and know what to expect, it's already easier than going in blind. If you know your steel types well, you probably won't have to think twice about what 'mons you want and what movesets and items you'll need.

I think it's not the easiest type for a first monorun due to how little options you have in the beginning. While it is definitely doable, it can be a bit frustrating to go up against leader battles with a Wormadam of all things (though it is a viable option and sucks less than you'd fear it could).

And... any of them except the egg 'mons, really. Their speeds are horrible and you'll have to wait so long until Pineco finally evolves. Klink's Gear Miss is gonna grind on your nerves. You're gonna stare at Worm-T and wonder how this thing can be less frustrating to you than your other team members.

Oh, and do try to get Corey to use the Poison Mist field. Sure, that'll make fire attacks even more of a pain in your ass, but it makes Crobat incapable of damaging you at all.

Once you get better Pokémon it becomes much easier, but the early game can be tiring.

And if you refuse to use your 'mons if they're not yet Steel (Piplup, Pineco) it means you are literally stuck with Worm-T facing the first gym alone.

Normal reborn, but with restrictions.

> no items during trainer battles

> team is locked, once i have a full team i cant make any substitutions

> and no grinding to beat gym leaders, i have to beat them without backtracking to train