Fuji's Tale ~ CLOSED BETA ~ A Plot-Heavy Pokemon Fan Game (Last Update: August 28th)

Developer's Blog: August 27, 2016

A lot has gone on behind the scenes since the Closed Beta Testing began! I had the chance to revamp the game, and received great feedback from my testers that the game

had undergone lots of improvements.

Since then, I have taken an entire week conceptualizing, envisioning, and deeply planning out the future of the game.

First and foremost, you need to know that Fuji's Tale is a very serious Pokemon Fan Game. My goal is that when the game takes off, that it

becomes one of the best Pokemon games you have ever played to date! The Plot will be denser than most Pokemon games, will feature

a giant timeline progression, unlike anything else you have ever seen before, and will also try its best to stay true to the facts within the Pokemon universe,

while staying relatively unique in MANY factors... Every Pokemon has been rebalanced.. the Beast type is VERY different from the Normal type,

and you will feel that right away! You will need to create unique strategies in order to defeat the challenge that Fuji's Tale will offer you!

Now, what's going on now?

I have been working on Fuji's Tale's next big step...

The point of the intro of this game is meant to deeply hook the player to the story, to quickly introduce familiar elements to you,

and then let you take off to the amazing journey that is Mr. Fuji's life.

At first, I had planned for the first public release of Fuji's Tale to have just 1 Gym, 1 Town, 1 Cave, 1 Major Plot... lot's of 1's!...

However, that's changed... I am planning to bring to you an even MORE complete Episode 1...

You will be able to dive very deeply into the story with just this first release... I've been working tirelessly for that to happen...

But expect that to take time. If you are anxious to get into the behind the scenes of Fuji's Tale, you can still contact me via private message

to become a Closed Beta tester. I will be sprinkling much frequent updates to my closed beta testers.

I hope you understand that I will try my best to roll out a almost PERFECT Episode 1 for the public... so that process has no release date yet!

So if this post has made you excited to try out the game, please let me know!

Want to Volunteer?

I am currently working on everything by myself for Fuji's Tale. With that in mind, I always appreciate anyone who

would like to volunteer for the following:

- Closed Beta Tester (will provide detailed feedback of the game, and bug reporting)

- Experienced Spriter

- Musician (I am still looking for unique music)

- Someone who wants to make me a custom banner / icon for the forum that will represent Fuji's Tale!

- Someone who wants to make me a game start poster for when the game launches!

In-Game credit, and In-Forum credit will be given to everyone who helps me out, and it will remain there forever!

Thank you for following the development of Fuji's Tale!

Developer Blog - August 28th 2016:

Hi! This is going to be a fast developer blog because I wrote a big one last night!

Here's the big points:

- Episodes 1 and 2 will be released at the same time.

- Development time has increased, but dedicated fans of the project will regularly get updates,

and information about the game!

- Working on Episode 2 right now!

That's it! If you want to read more about everything, I have updated the main post!

Thank you for following the development of Fuji's Tale!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/12/2017 at 11:21 AM, KingCoin said:

How's the project going? I haven't seen any updates for a while now.

Hi KingCoin,

Been pretty busy with school! I'm sorry for not making much progress on part 2 of the game. 
I will post back here when I get back to developing!

Thank you

-Z

• 3 months later...