Is Player Character Genderless?

Throhdown

So I've fought my way up to Goldenleaf town(really charming place by the way)and as I continue to play through the story and struggle with my sorry squad of 'mons I've come noticed something. So far the game seems to acknowledge my character as one of those gender-less player characters in Reborn.I picked a female,the one that looks a lot like Yancy/Nancy from B/W 2 seeing as she's really the only character that looks even remotely like her mother. Still though whenever the game references my character it's always as if they are referring to my character as if she wasn't a girl.

Is this normal or am I missing something?

It's just a matter of coding, I think. I want to say that each character no-matter the gender gets the same dialog, so going with Gender Neutral ones is the safest bet.

• Global Mods

What the others who posted here said. Although there's one instance at the end of a help center quest where you're called "him", which is a typo that's been around since that quest started existing in V5. (won't give details about the quest since you're not there yet)