What is the difference between Pokemon Reborn, and Pokemon Rejuvenation??? (I am new)

Zyxeos

Hi! So I am new to this forum, and I came here looking to play Pokemon Rejuvenation.. But the site I've noticed is called Pokemon Reborn, and that this Pokemon Rejuvenation game is a sub forum on this forum.. Therefore, what's the difference between Reborn and Rejuvenation? I haven't played Reborn if its not the same game. Does it have different developers?

Your answers are they are different games and, the do indeed ahve different development teams.

Reborn is the game the community sorta being about ((though it was around much before the game itself.)) hence why the forums are for Reborn. It is made primarily by Ametyst and her deve team... which due to a bit of community outsourcing is too long a list. for me to divulge on and not forget soemone and feel like a butt.

Rejuv is a game being made by Jan and his respective team ((if there is one I don't know much about REjuv honestyl lol.)) Ame allowed them to place the site here and to subsist here, hence why it has it's own space in a sub-forum.

Both games share a few mechanics ((as both use what are called "Field Effects" and obviously they are both Pokemon games.)) but otherwise are different games entirely in terms of story.

Reborn is currently on release Episode 15, wheras Rejuv is on release Episode 8. So both games are in development as of now and aren't feature compelete.

Hopefully this info has been helpful~

Your answers are they are different games and, the do indeed ahve different development teams.

Reborn is the game the community sorta being about ((though it was around much before the game itself.)) hence why the forums are for Reborn. It is made primarily by Ametyst and her deve team... which due to a bit of community outsourcing is too long a list. for me to divulge on and not forget soemone and feel like a butt.

Rejuv is a game being made by Jan and his respective team ((if there is one I don't know much about REjuv honestyl lol.)) Ame allowed them to place the site here and to subsist here, hence why it has it's own space in a sub-forum.

Both games share a few mechanics ((as both use what are called "Field Effects" and obviously they are both Pokemon games.)) but otherwise are different games entirely in terms of story.

Reborn is currently on release Episode 15, wheras Rejuv is on release Episode 8. So both games are in development as of now and aren't feature compelete.

Hopefully this info has been helpful~

Yes, both are different developers, and have vastly different storylines (in my opinion)

Thanks for the great info!! I will have to play Reborn as soon as I finish Rejuvenation. Does Reborn get updated frequently as well? Is the storyline as intense as Rejuvinations?

Thanks for the great info!! I will have to play Reborn as soon as I finish Rejuvenation. Does Reborn get updated frequently as well? Is the storyline as intense as Rejuvinations?

It's been abit since the last update to Reborn due to a lot of factors ((that I'd rather not jsut striaght up discuss since I only kinda am slightly privy too due to being staff and it ain't my place to talk about.)), but it's coming. Besides there is a LOT of backlog on Reborn so you'd have a lot of stuff to tread through in the intervening time regardless.

Also, Rejuv is... more or less in places inspired by Reborn. In terms of theming and overall feel of the story/plot... they hit a lot of similar notes. Therefore I think if you enjoy Rejuv you will enjoy Reborn.

Pokemon Reborn and Rejuvenation are two entirely different games built upon the same type of foundation. Both have their pros and cons so I'll try to give a general idea of the games and their differences:

What they both have in common:

-The games limit the number of useful items and mons to provide a "brutal" type of Pokemon game

-All leaders use 6 Pokemon (and sometimes bosses outside of them) which are well rounded to help cover their weaknesses

-Characters who are all involved in the story and aren't just obligatory gym fights

-A plot that extends way beyond a normal Pokemon games and uses mature themes

-Field Effects to provide and even greater challenge

-An evil organization that is actually competent in what they do

-Loads and loads of references

Pokemon Rejuvenation:

Pros

-Built off of Pokemon Reborn's system so fans of Reborn can jump in pretty smoothly

-Has multiple modes suited for anyone's taste in playstyle

-Original Characters who help form a more angsty and faster paced plot over Reborn

-Shadow Pokemon are available to capture and use (though a little limited)

-A wide variety of sidequests that will always give great rewards and are very entertaining

-The game is more difficult than Reborn (and Hardcore retrospectively)

-Grinding is also much easier in this game due to a rematch trainer in every town

-Leaders have a signature move that they created (and fakemove tms are available)

-Leaders are also more well rounded over Reborn's

Cons

-Some story moments in the game are a bit far fetched and too cartoony

-A little bit of a level/difficulty imbalance that may halt the game for a few moments (this may have changes since last version I played was 6)

-Field effects aren't implemented as well compared to Reborn

-Depending on your play style, fake moves might turn you off

Pokemon Reborn:

Pros

-Has been around for a lot longer so it's features and story are more developed and flows a bit smoother

-Pokemon have breeding moves to help balance the viability out

-15 episodes worth of content

-The world feels far more connected and the first half of the game takes place in a single city

-Leaders are based on characters in a league and some events did happen irl or a reference to it

-Innovated the field effect idea and implanted it into the game very well

-Some crazy and creative puzzles

Cons

-Only a single level of difficulty

-Lacking in many gimmick features such as nuzlocke, randomizer, etc

-Almost all sidequests are either for Pokemon or stickers

-Due to nearing the end, updates and new episodes take a long while to come out (episode 16 should be out in a few months but I cannot speak for Ame)

-Leader teams are sometimes lopsided where the ace is usually way stronger than the rest of their team (sometimes I don't even remember what a certain Pokemon can even do such as Shade's Doublade)

Pokemon Reborn Hardcore (Reborn mod)

Pros

-Adds a new level of difficulty to the Reborn story

-Reborn leaders are more balanced with a focus on balancing a full team at the cost of making the ace look a bit weaker

-Opponents have been altered to reduce the number of AI errors

-Exp Share and Lucky Egg are available from the start reducing grinding

-Alternate fights are available as tribute to the pre-field teams (such as Radomus singles)

-Some extra Pokemon are added earlier in the game to promote more variety

-A post game area to challenge players one step even further in a gym castle setting

-Updated more often than regular Reborn

Cons

-Easier than Rejuvenation's intense mode

-Abundance of experience may make Pokemon overleveled

-Some story moments have been altered to better fit the game (aka Cain's "Oshawott")

-Shelly's perma rain feels unfair

-the infamous chibi Gengar

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I probably missed a bizillion differences, but the main thing that separates both games is that Reborn has a better designed world and more developed story while Rejuvenation thrives more on just being fun and often challenges players more than Reborn does. If you like one I'd try the other and see if you like since they're similar at base. I also threw Hardcore in there mostly for comparison purposes since Reborn lacks difficulty modes so it's the only thing to compare to Rejuvenation's Intense mode.

@COMMANDER

Thank you, that goes above and beyond my expectations for anyone's reply to this topic. I applaud that.

I've read through your post with a keen eye, so I am glad you wrote that :)