Any tips on my team?

Katia

My team isn't finalized yet as I am still breeding for one of the pokemon and I don't have access to riolu. However this is what I have/working on.

1. Charizard

Flamethrower

Airslash

Flame burst

Slash

Any tips for the last two slots?

2. Zoroark

Night Daze

Foul play (will replace for flamethrower when I get the tm.)

Extraseasnory

Nasty Plot

3. Jolteon

Thunder wave

Discharge (Want to replace for thunderbolt

Thunder

Covet

Any tips for that last moveslot?

Vaporeon

Hydro pump

Aurora Beam (Trade for ice beam later)

Muddy water (Trade for surf

Quick attack

Any suggestion for quick attack replacement?

Slyveon

Moon Blast

Draining kiss

Covet

Quick attack

Yeah this one is a bit of a mess, any advice?

Skrelp *still leveling*

Toxic

Sludge Bomb

Hydro Pump

Water pulse (Replacing with dragon pulse.)

*eventual flygon, still breeding trapinch*

Dragon Claw

Earthquake

Dragon Tail

??? Any tips for the last slot?

I do have a pangoro, but I'll just going to swap that out for a psychical lucario later since I need another psychical attacker.

Edited by Katia

Dragon pulse is good, but ancient power is not worth it at only 60 base power. A neutral stab flamethrower is more powerful then a SE ancient power and the only thing rock hits super effective that fire doesn't is flying which is neutral to fire. Besides to get it, I would have to abandon my nearly perfect and trained female charizard and it's simply not worth the effort.

Wait a minute, how would I even teach it dragon pulse? I don't see the tm for it on the tm list.

You should probably try to get Heat Wave on Charizard in place of Flame Burst, as it can manipulate the surroundings, which is always useful.

With the Zoroark, I suggest that you leave the movepool as is, as you already have a fire user in Charizard and Foul Play is useful in general.

I would suggest Shadow Ball for the Jolteon, but that TM is not available yet, so just sit tight until then.

Sylveon could probably replace its last two moves with Hyper Voice, which I believe is a move tutor move, and Echoed Voice, which is a TM you get much later in the story. Until then, keep Quick Attack. Priority is always useful.

Vaporeon could probably keep Quick Attack, as I don't think it learns any other good special moves, but you could replace it with a status move if you want.

And that's about all I can suggest for the moment. Hope you found these helpful.

Wait a minute, how would I even teach it dragon pulse? I don't see the tm for it on the tm list.

Dragon Pulse is an egg move for Charizard, from the horsea line, Ampharos, Skrelp, and Swablue line.

328.png

Trapinch will get Rock Slide at level 15, you should keep that. Also, if you're feelin it, keep Trapinch unevolved until level 40. At 40 it'll learn super power, which would fit nicely on your team.

571.png

You could always give Zoroark U-turn for the moment to snipe dark and grass types.

690.png

If you're feelin it again, you could breed toxic spikes onto Skrelp instead of Toxic. The moveset you gave looks great.

(Tentacool/Tencruel Skorupi Line > Omanyte line > Skrelp) To get toxic spikes. So, not too bad to be honest.

675.png

I say use Pangoro over Zoroark. You're gonna want to have a balance between physical and special attacks on your team, whether is be 4-2 or 3-3. Trapinch will help with that too. Pangoro has great type coverage, just watch out for fairies. Plus it's really strong.

Hope this helps ya :]

@Razkar The problem with hidden power is unless you have very precise genes, the base power of the move will probably be shit unless Ame changed it's mechanics. However out of curiosity, where are said npcs.

@Bewilderer However foul play is a psychical move and my zoroark has modest so it's attack stat is awful. Heat wave sounds like a good idea as does the two moves you suggested for Sylveon.

@Sonikku Shoot, makes me wish I could somehow cheat dragon pulse on my charizard as I really like having a female starter and the pain of breeding....it took forever to get my charizard. X.X I'll still consider it though. U-turn does sound good for zoroark tho and I think I'll just keep toxic on skrelp. As for pangoro, I am keeping pangoro until I breed myself a psychical lucario so I'll be keeping the balance of 4/2 anyway.

im not a Pro Player but i know a few stuffs

*Choose only ATK or SP.ATK as offensive stats and moves, not both.

*Focus your EV on it

about your pokemons...

1- Charizard can be ATK or SP.ATK... but ATK is better only with Mega Charizard X, not available yet. So, pick SP.ATK now

- Flamethrower

- Air Slash

- Dragon Pulse(breed)

- Maybe Heat Wave for double batltles or Swagger.

2 - Replace Zoroak. How Sonikku said, to much SP.ATK on your team. You must balance it. Maybe Pangoro, Scrafty or Krookodile. On my team i used Umbreon because i love him, but i told you more reliable picks.

3 - Jolteon is good.. i love him. Fast and powerpuff. Just change Covet to Shadow Ball, when release again.

4 - Vaporeon. You can pick Acid armor rather than Quick Attack. Its a decent Buff.

5 - Sylveon is pretty good with hyper voice... but its not available. You can get Swift for double battles or Light Screen.

6 - I never used Dragalge, but your build sounds good. But, for Dragon i rly preffer Flygon as Dragon to balance your Stats and Crobat for poison.

7 - Flygon

- Dragon Claw

- Earthquake

- Crunch / Superpower / Iron Tail

- Crunch / Superpower / Iron Tail

You can check all moves, lvl, egg moves and other stuffs about pokemon on Bulbapedia website. Just search on google.

I hope i've helped.

Edited by Vic

@Youngster

I know that you only pick one offensive stat. I have also established that my charizard is a special attacker. As for zoroark:

@Sonikku Shoot, makes me wish I could somehow cheat dragon pulse on my charizard as I really like having a female starter and the pain of breeding....it took forever to get my charizard. X.X I'll still consider it though. U-turn does sound good for zoroark tho and I think I'll just keep toxic on skrelp. As for pangoro, I am keeping pangoro until I breed myself a psychical lucario so I'll be keeping the balance of 4/2 anyway.

I wanted dragle for the poison typing rather then the dragon actually as there are not very many steel/poison type pokemon I like that are currently released.

Youngster