Team suggestions

javier9627

Hey guys i'm doing my second run, so I pretty much know most of the story and how to beat most of the fights. Despite that, this run is with randomly generated pokemon.

I can use any of the following: Xatu, Samurott, Vespiquen, Roserade, Raticate, Mothim, Swalot, Beartic, Golurk, Heatmor, Exeggutor, Quagsire, Espeon, Kecleon, Delibird, Aurorus and Hawlucha.

I just beaten Shelly and i'm starting to train evs and breed. Since Golurk can't be really be breeded easily I will use the totem pole one.

So the only I have so far trained and ready to go is

Eon (Golett):

No Guard

Mega Punch

Magnitude

Dynamic Punch

Night Shade

HP: 0/14

Attack: 252/24

Defense: 1/26

Sp. Atk: 0/21

Sp. Def: 0/25

Speed: 252/14

Thinking about running

Dynamic Punch

Earthquake

Shadow Punch

And a spooky plate

I'm also building that Vespiquen, but i'm unsure about the evs, I already gave the attack the 252, unsure about the rest.

As for the others any recommendations?

I suggest that you try to go for more bulky 'mons to balance out the sweepers that you will have in the form of Golurk and Vespiquen. Roserade would make a nice special tank, while Swalot would make a good mixed tank, with both of them being able to utilize poison well. I would also use Epseon as a way to counter many of the faster ones you will see, which could give you trouble since neither Vespiquen nor Golurk are very fast. Quagsire would make for a decent physical tank, but if you got your hands on an Umbreon, then you would be able to make a fantastic mixed tank.

The fact that you said you're open to breed is a great thing.

103.png

I recommend that you keep Exeggutor. It naturally learns Psyshock (move relearner in Onyx to get it) and leaf storm, which is really nice. If you feel like you need an average hitting grass move, you could breed Giga drain from Sunflora (Obsidia Park) or Foongus (Azurine Island pokeballs). They learn it in their 20s. Egg bomb would help break through special walls.

503.png

Samurott should be fine. Unless we get ice beam, a moveset of swords dance, Aqua Jet/Surf Megahorn and Aqua Tail/Waterfall would work nicely.

701.png

Hawlucha has great level moves. so you should be fine.

462.png

I recommend that you catch a Magnemite (Shade's gym). A steel type is always nice to help beat down fairies, and it's a really strong pokemon. Remember that to evolve Magneton into Zone, you need a key from Tanzan mountain. A woman will come out of a cave in Tanzan, and in there you'll find the key. Use that key to go to back of shade's gym, and you can level Magneton up and evolve it there.

You'll definitely need a Fire and a Ground type, and I recommend Growlithe, and your Golurk should work really well.

623.png059.png

I'm pretty sure all you need to do to get Growlithe is complete the missing policeman sidequest.

Close Combat is a great move to have on Arcanine. You can breed it from Zangoose (Hide and Seek in all the Alleyways (West Peridot, Lower Peridot, Obsidia, North Obsidia, Lapis)or Mankey/Primape (Obsidia Slums, Aventurine Woods). They learn it kinda late in their late 40s :[

You might have a problem with dragon types, but other than that, your team should turn out pretty beefed up. Hope this helps! :]]

The fact that you said you're open to breed is a great thing.

103.png

I recommend that you keep Exeggutor. It naturally learns Psyshock (move relearner in Onyx to get it) and leaf storm, which is really nice. If you feel like you need an average hitting grass move, you could breed Giga drain from Sunflora (Obsidia Park) or Foongus (Azurine Island pokeballs). They learn it in their 20s. Egg bomb would help break through special walls.

503.png

Samurott should be fine. Unless we get ice beam, a moveset of swords dance, Aqua Jet/Surf Megahorn and Aqua Tail/Waterfall would work nicely.

701.png

Hawlucha has great level moves. so you should be fine.

462.png

I recommend that you catch a Magnemite (Shade's gym). A steel type is always nice to help beat down fairies, and it's a really strong pokemon. Remember that to evolve Magneton into Zone, you need a key from Tanzan mountain. A woman will come out of a cave in Tanzan, and in there you'll find the key. Use that key to go to back of shade's gym, and you can level Magneton up and evolve it there.

You'll definitely need a Fire and a Ground type, and I recommend Growlithe, and your Golurk should work really well.

623.png059.png

I'm pretty sure all you need to do to get Growlithe is complete the missing policeman sidequest.

Close Combat is a great move to have on Arcanine. You can breed it from Zangoose (Hide and Seek in all the Alleyways (West Peridot, Lower Peridot, Obsidia, North Obsidia, Lapis)or Mankey/Primape (Obsidia Slums, Aventurine Woods). They learn it kinda late in their late 40s :[

You might have a problem with dragon types, but other than that, your team should turn out pretty beefed up. Hope this helps! :]]

With Exeggutor should I use Psyshock or Extrasensory, cause Exeggcute actually can learn Extrasensory.

As for the Arcanine, I would rather use Heatmor. If I see that it's not working i'll use Arcanine.

Thanks for the rest

Form the pokemons you have enlisted here, I will choose these:

1. Samurott.

2. Roserade.

3. Hawlucha.

4. Golurk

5. Heatmor

6. Espeon

But you need a good Electric type, consider Ampharos or Magnezone or Manectric. Heatmor can be replaced with Arcanine.

Yanmega can be used in some battles instead of Hawlucha.(It has access to both Bug and Dark moves)

With Exeggutor should I use Psyshock or Extrasensory, cause Exeggcute actually can learn Extrasensory.

As for the Arcanine, I would rather use Heatmor. If I see that it's not working i'll use Arcanine.

Thanks for the rest

Until you can get Psyshock, I'd say use Extrasensory. They have the same power, but extransensory can flinch, which won't matter much because Exeggutor is slow, and Psyshock hits for Physical damage, which is always a nice thing to have.

Until you can get Psyshock, I'd say use Extrasensory. They have the same power, but extransensory can flinch, which won't matter much because Exeggutor is slow, and Psyshock hits for Physical damage, which is always a nice thing to have.

I suggest that you try to go for more bulky 'mons to balance out the sweepers that you will have in the form of Golurk and Vespiquen. Roserade would make a nice special tank, while Swalot would make a good mixed tank, with both of them being able to utilize poison well. I would also use Epseon as a way to counter many of the faster ones you will see, which could give you trouble since neither Vespiquen nor Golurk are very fast. Quagsire would make for a decent physical tank, but if you got your han

Form the pokemons you have enlisted here, I will choose these:

1. Samurott.

2. Roserade.

3. Hawlucha.

4. Golurk

5. Heatmor

6. Espeon

But you need a good Electric type, consider Ampharos or Magnezone or Manectric. Heatmor can be replaced with Arcanine.

Yanmega can be used in some battles instead of Hawlucha.(It has access to both Bug and Dark moves)

I suggest that you try to go for more bulky 'mons to balance out the sweepers that you will have in the form of Golurk and Vespiquen. Roserade would make a nice special tank, while Swalot would make a good mixed tank, with both of them being able to utilize poison well. I would also use Epseon as a way to counter many of the faster ones you will see, which could give you trouble since neither Vespiquen nor Golurk are very fast. Quagsire would make for a decent physical tank, but if you got your hands on an Umbreon, then you would be able to make a fantastic mixed tank.

Thanks guys