Is Crawli Part of Team Xen? {SPOILERS}

boneezus

As Version 8 approaches, there's a question I still have not had answered. That question is if Crawli is part of Team Xen or if he is just clueless. He seems to always be in the wrong place at the wrong time, both when he was at his secret retreat and there was a Team Xen base that he seemed completely unaware of, but also that his gym ran right into Valor mountain but he didn't offer to help you get in. I think it would be clever as it would mean there's a spy among your group and that would greatly help Team Xen. Let me know about your theories and speculations.

• Veterans

As Version 8 approaches, there's a question I still have not had answered. That question is if Crawli is part of Team Xen or if he is just clueless. He seems to always be in the wrong place at the wrong time, both when he was at his secret retreat and there was a Team Xen base that he seemed completely unaware of, but also that his gym ran right into Valor mountain but he didn't offer to help you get in. I think it would be clever as it would mean there's a spy among your group and that would greatly help Team Xen. Let me know about your theories and speculations.

Don't wanna spoil too much but parts of this get resolved in the redone version of Terajuma in v8. Stay tuned for that, coming soon!

In addition to this, Crawli even has a new snazzy set of clothes that bear a striking resemblance to Team Xen's colors. If Crawli is truly part of Team Xen, then he/xe (I forget which gender Crawli was) might actually be part of the Dark Prophecy as Betrayal instead of Ren, but who's to say for sure. We'll just have to wait a couple days for V8 to pop.

I forget which gender Crawli was

To be fair, the game isn't clear on that either. One of the rangers refers to Crawli as he outside the gym but IIRC Jan has also said that Crawli is non-binary and uses gender neutral pronouns.

The wiki says Crawli's non-binary, and I always wondered where that info came from since I never saw it mentioned in-game, and I talk to every NPC.

Same here. One of the NPCs near his gym even calls him with male pronouns, so I think the wiki may be wrong.