Noctowl

L.44

Brave nature/TwistedSpoon

Keen Eye

Hypnosis

Air Slash

Confusion

Take Down

My favorite mon in this game, a hypnosis that never misses thanks to keen eye, plus decent speed means it's really superb in all battles and lets you set up.

Graveler

L.42

Sassy nature/Hard Stone

Sturdy

Rock Blast

Smackdown

Earthquake

Stealth Rock

Real tank, something I lacked in reborn, so I was hasty in finding this guy. It has insane defence and is an audino killer

Growlithe

L.37

Naive

Intimidate

Flamethrower

Agility

Fire Fang

Retaliate

Well this mon is a bit iffy because its supposed to have a great moveset but so far its mediocre and it ALWAYS gets OHKOed by a special sweeper, supereffective or not. Seriously when does it get outrage and close combat though? Still pretty decent fire type so I'm not complaining

Samurott

L.45

Modest

Shell Armor

Surf

Fury Cutter

Aqua Jet

Revenge

I must admit I had my doubts when choosing this starter but oh boy does it have the best coverage. Psychic/Grass? Fury Cutter is there, later to be replaced with megahorn. Also the only mon in my party with a fighting move. Sad isn't it? Aqua Jet for priority and hidden ability Torrent is pretty amazing and can make Aqua Jet a OHKO on supereffective. Very good choice

Fearow

L.36

Hasty

Keen Eye

Pursuit

Aerial Ace

Mirror Move

Assurance

Started out as a filler mon but surprisingly did so well against Nim that I kept it. Also I have this crazy good-on-paper-theory that it will do wonders against dragon pokemon that KO my other mons because of Mirror Move. Spamming Draco Meteor? Well if I'm faster I'll get a good hit your way as well. Also Aerial for priority guarantees some damage before fainting. Its bleak tbh, and I want a better mon

Phantump

L.32

Lonely

Natural Cure

Ingrain

Feint Attack

Leech Seed

Will-O-Wisp

I know. It's laughable. Its stats are rock bottom too but here's the kicker: It won me the battle against Emma in Blacksteeple Castle. Funny how things work sometimes lol. Feint Attack won me the battle that I had pretty much resigned to lose cuz all my other mons were fainted. Its not really a bad mon, it has a great set-up potential but I don't really know how to optimize it and its best if I replace it with something else.

Here's the pokemon I have in my PC:

Bunnelby

Whismur

Nidorino[Hustle]

Makuhita

swablu

houndour

poochyena

gothita

tangela

vileplume

hoppip

dedenne

wooper

pacham

buizel

Among a bunch of other very common pokemon that are way too many to list. I'm willing to grind or even go catch any suggested mons not listed here, so anything viable goes really. I feel like I don't have anything to counter water. I won against valerie by spamming hypnosis and switching to samurott really so I do need more coverage and more viable mons.

It would be especially good if they would be instantly helpful in the near future battles, am currently going to do the Valor Mountain quest.

You need to breed growlithe into close combat, it is not learnt by leveling up, since growlithe you got from officer is always female, it is easier to breed close combat with a male from same egg group that has close combat, alternatively you can softreset for egg move when you take the growlithe from officer

Which gym are you at? And Makuhita, Diggersby, and Nido are useful with Makuhita being viable until late game where you can get medicham (and actually use it), hawklucha, and few others I forget. Diggersby with breeding and help on getting EQ and huge power. Bam, good ground type until later on. Torterra is only one better than this from experience and Nidoking is very much viable with breeding and EP12.

Which gym are you at? And Makuhita, Diggersby, and Nido are useful with Makuhita being viable until late game where you can get medicham (and actually use it), hawklucha, and few others I forget. Diggersby with breeding and help on getting EQ and huge power. Bam, good ground type until later on. Torterra is only one better than this from experience and Nidoking is very much viable with breeding and EP12.

Currently, I'm at Kakori Village with Crawli - bug type - gym leader. Already have a graveller so Im not worried about ground types. It's a sweeper that I really need, phyical and special. Also something that's good against water hopefully. I already have a meditite too, so I can evolve it if need be. Nidorino is currently in PC because it's at an awkward stage where if I evolve it with moon stones, it won't learn the poison moves, and if I don't it won't learn Thrash as NidoKing so I kept it stagnant at the late twenties.

For stone evolutions, one option is to raise them up to the level of the highest unevolved move you want, then de-level them with the reverse candy before evolving, so they'll also learn evolved moves, but that might be more grindy than you're willing to go with.

I recommend that you put Tangela, Makuhita/Pancham and maybe Bunnelby if it has huge power. If it does have huge power, it can help you a lot more than Graveler in some situations, but that's up to you. Tangrowth is a fantastic grass type, which your team would appreciate. (Could replace Phantump)

You also might want to pick up something to beat fairies along the way. (Steel/Poison types) Nidorino might be fine, but having two ground types weak to ground wouldn't help too much.

Hariyamais really strong and bulky, and also has amazing abilities. Pangoro is a little stronger and has great abilities, plus that nice dark stab to beat Psychic types. It is also reeeeeally weak to fairies, so watch out for that if Pancham is your choice. :]

Hope I help solidify your team!

PS

Misdreavus is way to valuable to pass on and it's easy to get. I've had a lot of success with it, wouldn't suprise me if it gets hit by an axe.

I agree. It would be a great addition to your team.

Edited by Sonikku

a real underrated pokemon is pyroar too has some very good moves like noble roar and work up which is some cases can help in gyms(even to sweep)coupled with moves like flamethrower and hyper voice.my pyroar has done a great job for me so far