A Horrendous Rejuvenation Discussion Thread™

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About the encounters in Amethyst Cave: In a new game I finished the Galvanthula fight today. I think before the battle against it, just 1 wild Pokémon appeared, after the battle against it, the encounter rate started to increase. At least with Galvanthula defeated, the encounter rate appeared normal for me.

There's a hidden Moon Stone just before you fight Zetta, so if you really feel like it, you can have a Nidoqueen/Nidoking or Clefable before Keta.

aizrKMK.png

I am fairly sure there are mons in Amethyst Cave... Maybe only after Galvantula?

"Luckily for you, all of her Pokemon save for her Espurr also have a weakness to Grass"

Daily reminder: Inkay is not Water/Psychic, it's Dark/Psychic. Also, Psyduck and Golduck are pure Water, and Staryu does not gain Psychic-type until evolution. Among other things!

Beating Gyarados early gives you a Karma Point, whatever they are supposed to be used for.

looking at that extensive list of wild pokemon. HMMMMMMMM WHERE YOU COULD HAVE GOTTEN THAT INFO FROM?

Also, there are 3 shops that don't always appear:

- MooMoo Milk: At morning, during Wednesday, Friday and Sunday

- Flutes: During daytime, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday

- Revive/Soda/Candies: During daytime, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday

Will add the Moon Stone :^)

And DAMN I'M AN IDIOT. I always thought Inkay was part Water and only gained the Dark typing when it becomes Malamar. TIL.

I'll add that Gyarados KARMA POINT when I find out what they're for.

And HUGE thanks for the shops list. I'ts definitely gonna be very useful.

Btw, I gotten the info from my chubby accomplice. who has the PBS files. its not cheating i swear *gunshot*

Sadly, I don't have the time to run around in grass for 3 hours three times a day. I'm a lazy busy person.

i think you forget to include melia's id from her bag that can be used to get exp share

Whooops. I had no idea that this existed. Will feature in the next part~

About the encounters in Amethyst Cave: In a new game I finished the Galvanthula fight today. I think before the battle against it, just 1 wild Pokémon appeared, after the battle against it, the encounter rate started to increase. At least with Galvanthula defeated, the encounter rate appeared normal for me.

I'll have to test this. I didn't progress much past this part of the guide so I can't say for sure whether killing Galvantula fixes it.

Btw, I gotten the info from my chubby accomplice. who has the PBS files. its not cheating i swear *gunshot*

Sadly, I don't have the time to run around in grass for 3 hours three times a day. I'm a lazy busy person.

PBS files?

well I had a different thing in mind.

This guide is not exactly mistake-proof, as I have no idea how V8 Terajuma Shore progresses. Also, you apparently can do Valor Mountain in two different ways? Or something. It should provide some help, though?

you said you are going into sidequests blindly... I can assume one thing: you do not know about the thing I am going to talk about. An important tip that will make you not slap yourself in the face.

During Hidden Library 2, you will get a book that allows you translate Garufa's language. DO NOT TALK TO THE GUY IN SHERIDAN VILLAGE AFTER YOU GET THE BOOK (you need to talk to him to start the quest in first place; that's okay. Just do not talk to him after you get the book as you can end quest without giving him the book, even though he gives a thing if you hand over the book). He will want you to give him the book, but it's not worth it. At least, not yet.

Instead, wait until you reach Kristolica Palace. Interact with Gardevoir statue. You will get Gothita for this, with only 2 Badges, but only if you have the book. You have another shot at this little girl (yes Gothita can be a male 25% of the time. pretty boy indeed) Psychic-type, but only sometime inbetween 8th and 9th Gym. So yeah.

Once you get Gothita, you can give the book away and finish the sidequest. You can find another book in Sheridan Wetlands, long after Kristolica Palace.

"What’s the TV Trope for something like this?" I don't know, even though that site likes to consume my precious time as a breakfast. And lunch. And dessert. And dinner.

Also, Venam's team is different on Intense, as I've just recalled. Some "research" later:

Lv. 16 Trubbish. Simply a level bump.

Lv. 17 Tentacool. Funnily enough, the only thing to make it different from Qwilfish is its Ability, Liquid Ooze. Venam, you lazy fucker. ...Wait a moment. Fell Stinger is illegal on Tentacool. LAZY FUCKING CHEATER.

Lv. 15 Stunky. Another level bump.

Lv. 16 Ivysaur @ Sitrus Berry. Razor Leaf/Leech Seed/Venoshock/Venam's Kiss; has Overgrow

Lv. 15 Haunter @ Poison Gem. Shadow Claw/Confuse Ray/Mean Look/Venam's Kiss; has Levitate

Lv. 18 Seviper. Level up!

Casual team is similar to Reborn Style. The only difference is that she dropped Stunky and Whirlipede and her entire team has been "kissed" (the irony) by a vampire. The levels are 10/12/13 (Trubbish/the two guys that I don't give shit about/Seviper)

Also, here's the missing guy from Reborn Style team.

Lv. 14 Whirlipede @ Eviolite. Venam's Kiss/Venoshock/Bug Bite/Protect; has Poison Point

Debug Mode is fun!

Should I do this for other Trainers you made a box for?

On generic Trainers, Casual Mode works by lowering levels by 10% and increasing payout by 30%. Intense mode, raises level by 10% and lowers payout by 20%.

yes this is a big post because i have no life i feel like it.

Edited by SansTheSkeleton

The valor mountain thing is very minor, the way you access the mountain is based on whether you choose to give up the magma stone or not in the corrupted cave. Basically it decides which of the 2 entrances you will use, however both are relatively close to each other. Also, choosing to give up the magma stone will result in you receiving the TM for Magma Drift a slight bit later, there seems to be no benefit in voluntarily giving up the stone.

About the book, if you give it to the man in Hidden Library 2, you can still get it in Sheridan Wetlands (That's quite late), lying on the ground. But since Kristolica Palace is a one-time location, you're better off keeping it to yourself.

Rift Mon information here:

I've digged around in the game's code, and D-Galvantula is Fire/Electric.

So basically, it's Heat-Rotom but without levitate, giving it a major weakness to Ground.

70/80/100/160/130/78. Meaning it hits from special side about as hard as Mega Latios, while having somewhat worse bulk - hit it from physical side. You can take advantage of the fact that it's MUCH slower than a regular Galvantula.

Demon Gyarados is still Water/Flying, apparently. With 70/200/100/90/110/78. It gets a bit of Sp. Atk for some reason, as well as a weird mix of bulk (a bit into Sp. Def, a good deal into Defense, but lower HP). It also loses a bit of the Speed.

On the physical side, this monster hits harder than a fucking Mega Mewtwo X. As if it having a field-boosted 90BP attack wasn't enough. The attack is a DIMENSION type, which offensively hits everything for regular damage. On defensive side, it is apparently weak to Fire while resisting Psychic, Fairy and Shadow. I don't think the defensive side of this type has any use yet, though?

Edited by SansTheSkeleton

PBS files?

well I had a different thing in mind.

This guide is not exactly mistake-proof, as I have no idea how V8 Terajuma Shore progresses. Also, you apparently can do Valor Mountain in two different ways? Or something. It should provide some help, though?

you said you are going into sidequests blindly... I can assume one thing: you do not know about the thing I am going to talk about. An important tip that will make you not slap yourself in the face.

During Hidden Library 2, you will get a book that allows you translate Garufa's language. DO NOT TALK TO THE GUY IN SHERIDAN VILLAGE AFTER YOU GET THE BOOK (you need to talk to him to start the quest in first place; that's okay. Just do not talk to him after you get the book as you can end quest without giving him the book, even though he gives a thing if you hand over the book). He will want you to give him the book, but it's not worth it. At least, not yet.

Instead, wait until you reach Kristolica Palace. Interact with Gardevoir statue. You will get Gothita for this, with only 2 Badges, but only if you have the book. You have another shot at this little girl (yes Gothita can be a male 25% of the time. pretty boy indeed) Psychic-type, but only sometime inbetween 8th and 9th Gym. So yeah.

Once you get Gothita, you can give the book away and finish the sidequest. You can find another book in Sheridan Wetlands, long after Kristolica Palace.

"What’s the TV Trope for something like this?" I don't know, even though that site likes to consume my precious time as a breakfast. And lunch. And dessert. And dinner.

Also, Venam's team is different on Intense, as I've just recalled. Some "research" later:

Lv. 16 Trubbish. Simply a level bump.

Lv. 17 Tentacool. Funnily enough, the only thing to make it different from Qwilfish is its Ability, Liquid Ooze. Venam, you lazy fucker. ...Wait a moment. Fell Stinger is illegal on Tentacool. LAZY FUCKING CHEATER.

Lv. 15 Stunky. Another level bump.

Lv. 16 Ivysaur @ Sitrus Berry. Razor Leaf/Leech Seed/Venoshock/Venam's Kiss; has Overgrow

Lv. 15 Haunter @ Poison Gem. Shadow Claw/Confuse Ray/Mean Look/Venam's Kiss; has Levitate

Lv. 18 Seviper. Level up!

Casual team is similar to Reborn Style. The only difference is that she dropped Stunky and Whirlipede and her entire team has been "kissed" (the irony) by a vampire. The levels are 10/12/13 (Trubbish/the two guys that I don't give shit about/Seviper)

Also, here's the missing guy from Reborn Style team.

Lv. 14 Whirlipede @ Eviolite. Venam's Kiss/Venoshock/Bug Bite/Protect; has Poison Point

Debug Mode is fun!

Should I do this for other Trainers you made a box for?

On generic Trainers, Casual Mode works by lowering levels by 10% and increasing payout by 30%. Intense mode, raises level by 10% and lowers payout by 20%.

yes this is a big post because i have no life i feel like it.

I made two different save files to figure out what the guy at Sheridan gives you if you refuse/accept. I know what happens if you accept and thanks to you, I know what you can get if you refuse. Nice.

And with your strat, you can get both. Will add. Good job, padawan. ; )

I can't believe you took your time to 'research' the battles. I used to do that on my own too until my Editor.exe finally broke under all the strain. Getting the info for a trainer took me about 15 minutes. So thanks for the info~

The valor mountain thing is very minor, the way you access the mountain is based on whether you choose to give up the magma stone or not in the corrupted cave. Basically it decides which of the 2 entrances you will use, however both are relatively close to each other. Also, choosing to give up the magma stone will result in you receiving the TM for Magma Drift a slight bit later, there seems to be no benefit in voluntarily giving up the stone.

That's great! Now I need alternating save files so I know the differences between the two paths~ :D

Ty, rejuvenation's choice system

ShamelessDoublePost™

Part 5 is out~ (Yeah I know it's pretty short. My exams are coming cut me some slack :c)

If you have info on Sheridan Village's wild encounters please do post them up here! ; )

Also, I'll be covering the Ditto sidequest (the first bit at least) on the next part. I kiiiinda forgot to put it in this part.

Whoops. =w=

About the GREAT KECLEON GETAWAY, there's a neat little trick you can use if you don't want to burn 50k for a Casteliacone:

Whenever you enter the Kecleon Dungeon, the entire dungeon's layout will change (At least, that's what it seemed). Take a few tries and you'll be able to land close to the exit.

There's also an easter egg in the dungeon: You might see the bloody corpse of the Xen Grunt lying about in the dungeon. The ultimate fate if you fail to escape.

I can testify to this because I actually beat the dungeon.

Or Plan C: Hope that Fly gets released in future episodes, get Fly, then complete the quest by Flying out of the shop. (Or when Bagon gets released because Salamence can learn Fly by leveling up.)

Edited by IntSys

About the GREAT KECLEON GETAWAY, there's a neat little trick you can use if you don't want to burn 50k for a Casteliacone:

Whenever you enter the Kecleon Dungeon, the entire dungeon's layout will change (At least, that's what it seemed). Take a few tries and you'll be able to land close to the exit.

There's also an easter egg in the dungeon: You might see the bloody corpse of the Xen Grunt lying about in the dungeon. The ultimate fate if you fail to escape.

I can testify to this because I actually beat the dungeon.

You insane man.

Now that I think about it, will using an Escape Rope work in this dungeon? Perhaps I'll boot up an old save and give it a shot.

I don't remember Seedot being a wild Pokemon... or being available at all outside of breeding. Nuzleaf isn't available until you deal with Carotos shenanigans, and Pidgey's definitely not in Sheridan Village.

Changed. Thanks!

Some more actual advice

Demondos is doable if you bring a decently leveled Voltorb, you can paralyze him because Voltorb speed > Everything else minus deoxys, and if you get lucky and have him be shocked on the first turn you can pull of a spark which will basically leave him begging for mercy. Voltorb is good. It comes with a "Slow Jans Bullshit" function. Remember that because Jan's bullshit is usually very fast.

Never bring Swoobat without Simple. Calm mind will basically carry you halfway through the game

If you want to cheat and instantly introduce lvl 20 pokemon into your party, go back to Route 1 after the goldenwood events. if i recall correctly, one of the exit tiles leads to old goldenwood, with boring lvl 10 pokemon, and one leads to ruined goldenwood, with lvl 20 poochena's, spewpas and all other kinds of goodies for scrubs smart players.

A universal tip for all of Jans bullshit Rejuvenations bossbattles is the suicide squad. The suicide squad is a portion of your team which generally only have health EV's because you only feed them a steady diet of Audino's, and they have 2 things in common: They all have sturdy. they all have explosion or self destruct. 1 is good, 2 is better, 3 is great. If you really want to, you can make one of your Graveler's/Boldore/Gigalith/Golem's from your suicide squad a permanent squad member if you really want a pebble in your team (real talk tho, smack-down and earthquake can be quite handy). The moment you know you have to face off against Jan's BullshitTM a boss, like the Shadow Mewtwo that will come up soon, all you really have to do is send in your conga line of suicide squad members and all have them tank up a single hit before taking one for the team. 3 muslim cosplays valiant sacrifices later most bosses are either dead, or pretty fucking dead. Shadow Mewtwo only had to face off against a single suicide squad member leaving him in the red but after that he proceded to hyper mode himself into a coma Fuck me shadow mode is one helluva drug. It should also be noted that having both a Gigalith and Golem can pretty much trivialize the fire leader of this game which, by the definition of Despair, would normally class as a Demontm leader

Also, don't forget that stacking punch + Bulk up + speed boost blaziken is a monstrosity that can pretty much tear through an entire team like fucking paper. The custom move "stacking punch" is an abomination that should have never seen the light of day because only a fool would allow Blaziken to get a move that increases in power each use.

In your section about Amethyst Cave, Diglett is missing. I remember seeing some in a current game.

There's also Carbink in Amethyst Cave, although it's very rare.

In Gearen City you can find a Gourmet Treat outside the Velvet Apartments. You don't need to buy one to get a Pachirisu.

Will add these the minute I get on the computer (which by my calculations, isn't very soon). Thanks! : D

Some more actual advice

Demondos is doable if you bring a decently leveled Voltorb, you can paralyze him because Voltorb speed > Everything else minus deoxys, and if you get lucky and have him be shocked on the first turn you can pull of a spark which will basically leave him begging for mercy. Voltorb is good. It comes with a "Slow Jans Bullshit" function. Remember that because Jan's bullshit is usually very fast.

Never bring Swoobat without Simple. Calm mind will basically carry you halfway through the game

If you want to cheat and instantly introduce lvl 20 pokemon into your party, go back to Route 1 after the goldenwood events. if i recall correctly, one of the exit tiles leads to old goldenwood, with boring lvl 10 pokemon, and one leads to ruined goldenwood, with lvl 20 poochena's, spewpas and all other kinds of goodies for scrubs smart players.

A universal tip for all of Jans bullshit Rejuvenations bossbattles is the suicide squad. The suicide squad is a portion of your team which generally only have health EV's because you only feed them a steady diet of Audino's, and they have 2 things in common: They all have sturdy. they all have explosion or self destruct. 1 is good, 2 is better, 3 is great. If you really want to, you can make one of your Graveler's/Boldore/Gigalith/Golem's from your suicide squad a permanent squad member if you really want a pebble in your team (real talk tho, smack-down and earthquake can be quite handy). The moment you know you have to face off against Jan's BullshitTM a boss, like the Shadow Mewtwo that will come up soon, all you really have to do is send in your conga line of suicide squad members and all have them tank up a single hit before taking one for the team. 3 muslim cosplays valiant sacrifices later most bosses are either dead, or pretty fucking dead. Shadow Mewtwo only had to face off against a single suicide squad member leaving him in the red but after that he proceded to hyper mode himself into a coma Fuck me shadow mode is one helluva drug. It should also be noted that having both a Gigalith and Golem can pretty much trivialize the fire leader of this game which, by the definition of Despair, would normally class as a Demontm leader

Also, don't forget that stacking punch + Bulk up + speed boost blaziken is a monstrosity that can pretty much tear through an entire team like fucking paper. The custom move "stacking punch" is an abomination that should have never seen the light of day because only a fool would allow Blaziken to get a move that increases in power each use.

Ok this is some good shit right here 👌👌

Your tips are pretty good, I'll add them wherever I can~ (once I get on my computer, editing is absolute hell on mobile)

The Sturdy Self Destruct strat Literal Suicide Squad is pretty much the ultimate cheese to every boss. I may add an extra bullet point for every boss which is literally just "Literal Suicide Squad".

Then again, not everyone has the sanity to train up those rocks.

It'll definitely be funny to see a mono-Golem with sturdy and self destruct playthrough though.

And yeah I was about to refer to Amber as a Demon-class leader. Way to catch on to that joke 20 chapters before I even use it! =w=

Also, I definitely have to make Jan's Bullshit a thing.

REALLY IMPORTANT NOTE: I have some pretty large exams which will last about two weeks so I proooobably (emphasis on probably) won't be updating the guide much until then. I'll definitely try to squeeze out another chapter as soon as it's over so Wait and Hope!

And yeah I was about to refer to Amber as a Demon-class leader. Way to catch on to that joke 20 chapters before I even use it! =w=

Git dunked on kiddo Seriously though i was very surprised to see everyone say how much of a menace amber is after i rolled through her in a single run.

Also, rain dance OP. You are mad if you let the sun shine

Also, the ultimate cheese is actually Murkrow + Prankster + Perish song

By the way, have you ever stopped and contemplated how generous Jan is for selling EV reducers for 20 quid? Say what you want about him and his bullshittm, but at least my wallet doesn't get molested in the same way Ame does it with her 1200 per berry.

On the other hand, with the raw amount of time that will be spend slapping Audino's on their buttocks, generally every single pokemon in your party has a health EV of 252 by the time they hit lvl 60 so its probably necessary to make those things cheap af. Also, Jan plis, y u no give us 11 free star pieces like Ame does at a single stretch of the game.

Wait, whaddayamean i spend too much time grinding on exp slavestm(Its not like i am the sole reason the breeder after the train crash calls his own existance cursed)? That rotation squad of 6 10 14 16 I really should stop training new pokemon into my party at every single gym leader pokemon isn't going to maintain itself!

Stacking punch, speed boost blaziken hits so hard it is super-effective on ghost types

Another tip for those who like to grind up audino's; the fastest way of doing it is with a stacking attack like echoing voice (the fire lion thingy is good for it), fury cutter and most importantly, stacking punch. Most pokemon struggle quite a bit with these Secret power abusers cute little floofs, but any stacking attack will generally breeze through them quickly

Completely copying their writing styles, thats how i get all the ladies

Edited by colers25

So, was

nerfed?

Whoa, whoa, calm down, Sending in a suicide squad is enough Sturdy exploitation as it is. Beating Madame X only proves you to be a cheeky sod

Also, Why is SansTheSkeleton using Flowey as his pic, i am pretty sure thats haram

Edited by colers25