I need some recommendations for a Misty Terrain Team

Azodian

I have decided, in preparation for episode 16, to build an entire six man team based around the Misty Terrain field effect. Being able to alter the field effect in gym battles made the hard battles manageable and the manageable battles trivial.

So I got to thinking: how can I break this?

After racking my brain for the better part of a day I came up with two definites, several maybes, and the kind of stress headache that I always get when I try to team build in a pokemon game. At this point I would appreciate a new perspective for my problem, so I'm outsourcing it to the forums.

The mons I've pretty much decided on are:

Mawile

Item: Amplifield Rock/Mawilite (When it becomes available)

Nature: Adamant

Ability: Sheer Force

EVs: 252 Attack, 4 Sp. Defense, 252 Speed

Moves:

• Iron Head
  • Play Rough
  • Crunch
  • Misty Terrain

Toxicroak

Item: Life Orb

Ability: Dry Skin

EVs: 252 Attack, 4 Sp. Defense, 252 Speed

Moves:

• Poison Jab
  • Drain Punch
  • Sucker Punch
  • Fake Out

Aromatisse

Item: Amplifield Rock

Nature: Calm

Ability: Aroma Veil

EVs: 252 HP, 252 Defense, 4 Sp. Defense

Moves:

• Moonblast
  • Psychic
  • Misty Terrain
  • Calm Mind

Milotic

Item: ??

Nature: Bold

Ability: Marvel Scale

EVs: 252 HP, 252 Defense, 4 Sp. Defense

Moves:

• Mist
  • Haze
  • Surf
  • Icy Wind

Mismagius

Nature: Modest

Ability: Levitate

EVs: 4 Defense, 252 Sp. Attack, 252 Speed

Moves:

• Mystical Fire
  • Hex/Ominous Wind/Power Gem
  • Magical Leaf
  • Nasty Plot

Mamoswine

Ability: Thick Fat

EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed

Moves:

• Icicle Crash
  • Earthquake
  • Stealth Rock
  • Mist

Alternates:

Heliolisk

Nature: Timid

Ability: Dry Skin

EVs: 4 Defense, 252 Sp. Attack, 252 Speed

Moves:

• Thunderbolt
  • Volt Switch
  • Round/Hyper Voice (Pending Implement)
  • Surf

Sigilyph

Nature: Timid

Ability: Magic Guard

EVs: 252 HP, 252 Speed

Moves:

• Stored Power
  • Air Slash
  • Cosmic Power
  • Whirlwind/Miracle Eye

Suggestions or comments are still much appreciated.

Edited by Azodian

Hear me out:

Shiftry (Timid, Pickpocket, Grass Gem)

Nature Power

Leaf Tornado

Foul Play

Nasty Plot

Shiftry's Nature Power will convert to Moonblast, which is also boosted by the field. Normally we'd use Dark Pulse, but since that's totally nerfed by the field, Foul Play's ability to use the opponent's Attack stat is pretty strong. Get a Nasty Plot or two off and you'll hit like a leafy truck.

First nature power now becomes mist ball due to misty terrain: http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=15348&page=21#entry387877.

I'm also not sure if aqua ring is better for milotic then recover especially if you have mist as well.

So delphox can be a potential pkmn due to dazzling gleam + mystical fire combo.

Florges really doesn't need to worry about combining with a grass partner it is in itself a good pkmn. Also one of the few pkmn which can learn misty terrain.

Sylveon ,gardevoir, aromatisse can serve a similar purpose a florges as a bulky, misty terrain setter. Though sylveon loses value because moonblast gets the damage boost which means pixilate is less valuable.

My guess would be aromatisse because Fairies will have enough special defense through the field.

Meowstic can serve as a priority screen/terrain setter but I feel that would be difficult due to item constraints.

So I would add delphox and aromatisse to your team.

The classic Minimize-Cosmic Power-Stored Power Clefable (or any Clefable at all) should work well in that field, since Cosmic Power's effect is doubled. It can also create the field, but you're completely walled by Dark types if Misty Terrain takes up the fourth slot.

Also, I disagree with Heliolisk having a shallow movepool. Volt Switch and Thunderbolt as level-up moves, STAB Hyper Voice, and for coverage moves, Grass Knot, Surf, Signal Beam, Focus Blast, Dark Pulse (not very useful in this field, sure, but it's there), you can even breed Glare onto it which is actually better than Thunder Wave because it can paralyze Ground types. That's pretty good coverage.

Hear me out:

Shiftry (Timid, Pickpocket, Grass Gem)

Nature Power

Leaf Tornado

Foul Play

Nasty Plot

Shiftry's Nature Power will convert to Moonblast, which is also boosted by the field. Normally we'd use Dark Pulse, but since that's totally nerfed by the field, Foul Play's ability to use the opponent's Attack stat is pretty strong. Get a Nasty Plot or two off and you'll hit like a leafy truck.

I'll take this under consideration. Unfortunately, Shiftry looses some of its coverage with the change of Nature Power producing Mist Ball instead of Moonblast now.

First nature power now becomes mist ball due to misty terrain: http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=15348&page=21#entry387877.

I didn't realize this was a thing. The "nerf" to Mist kinda hurts, but the rest of that list is pure gravy. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

So delphox can be a potential pkmn due to dazzling gleam + mystical fire combo.

Florges really doesn't need to worry about combining with a grass partner it is in itself a good pkmn. Also one of the few pkmn which can learn misty terrain.

Sylveon ,gardevoir, aromatisse can serve a similar purpose a florges as a bulky, misty terrain setter. Though sylveon loses value because moonblast gets the damage boost which means pixilate is less valuable.

My guess would be aromatisse because Fairies will have enough special defense through the field.

Meowstic can serve as a priority screen/terrain setter but I feel that would be difficult due to item constraints.

So I would add delphox and aromatisse to your team.

I've never really looked at Aromatisse before, and that was wrong of me. I especially love how she can shut down most of the status conditions that the Field itself doesn't cover. She will be added to the list.

If Dazzeling Gleam were implemented at this point, Delphox would be a definite include. I'll probably train one up on the potential alone.

The classic Minimize-Cosmic Power-Stored Power Clefable (or any Clefable at all) should work well in that field, since Cosmic Power's effect is doubled. It can also create the field, but you're completely walled by Dark types if Misty Terrain takes up the fourth slot.

Also, I disagree with Heliolisk having a shallow movepool. Volt Switch and Thunderbolt as level-up moves, STAB Hyper Voice, and for coverage moves, Grass Knot, Surf, Signal Beam, Focus Blast, Dark Pulse (not very useful in this field, sure, but it's there), you can even breed Glare onto it which is actually better than Thunder Wave because it can paralyze Ground types. That's pretty good coverage.

You make some good points here. Heliolisk shows great potential for whenever Hyper Voice gets implemented. Surf offers fantastic coverage, and heals Toxicroak in doubles. However, none of his status moves are relevant on the team because Misty Terrain blocks them from taking effect.

I'm going to look into that Clefable and any variants of that move set, because that is disgusting and I love it.

Obviously Sylveon is someone you should consider. In Misty field Moonblast is actually stronger than Hyper Voice, Echoed voice becomes absurd especially if you're holding a Metronome, and if you waste four Trump Cards on wild Pokemon before a boss battle the fifth pretty much becomes a free ko.