Whats inside the mystery egg

Hey guys

Remember the mystery egg in route 3. Well i heard you can get a Trapinch from it but i tried at 8am,12pm and 4pm and i got Chinchou all 3 times. I heard that the Pokemon inside the egg is based off of the time of day you get it or something like that. Is that correct? can you even get a Trapinch from the mystery egg if so how?

Is there anything else you can get in the mystery egg or is it only Chinchou and Trapinch?

Chinchou isnt a bad pokemon but i really want a flygon so please help me out ;P

pokemon inside the egg gets chosen when you start the game and you can't change it unless you start new game or ask someone to edit your save file

other stuff you can get: azurill, aron, staryu, togepi, sneasel, shroomish, axew, pawniard, trapinch, drillbur, cotonee, growlithe, elekid, starly, rhyhorn and larvesta

Chinchou and Lanturn are great Pokemon. You should definitely use it.

It learns Hydro Pump and Discharge through Level up, and also Confuse ray and Stockpile. It's really a great Pokémon, and you don't even have to breed it for it to get the better moves.

• 2 months later...

pokemon inside the egg gets chosen when you start the game and you can't change it unless you start new game or ask someone to edit your save file

other stuff you can get: azurill, aron, staryu, togepi, sneasel, shroomish, axew, pawniard, trapinch, drillbur, cotonee, growlithe, elekid, starly, rhyhorn and larvesta

Does that mean that each starter pokemon corresponds with a specific mystery egg pokemon?

If that is the case I'm unlucky since I chose Froakie for a starter and the mystery egg hatched to a Sneasel (I even soft-reseted 3 times in order to change the outcome before trading the eggs...)

Does that mean that each starter pokemon corresponds with a specific mystery egg pokemon?

If that is the case I'm unlucky since I chose Froakie for a starter and the mystery egg hatched to a Sneasel (I even soft-reseted 3 times in order to change the outcome before trading the eggs...)

no it's completely random, and you can't change the outcome of the egg

NO!

It does NOT correspond with your starter!

Inside the save file is a randomly generated number-value, it is generated at the very start even before you get your starter.

This random number determines what Pokemon you get from the egg.

so even with two different saves where you chose Froakie, you are most likely getting 2 different pokemon from the egg