Shade is a pain.. Help plz

TheChaosBanana

I've played through the game once before and I don't remember having much trouble with Shade but this time around.... It's a different story. This is my team.

Gourgeist - Razor Leaf, Leech Seed, Nature Power, Shadow Sneak

Roselia - Magical Leaf, Leech Seed, Toxic Spikes, Stun Spore

Monferno - Flame Wheel, Mach Punch, Cut, Taunt

Meowstic - Psyshock, Charge Beam, Reflect, Light Screen

Camurupt - Earth Power, Lava Plume, Rock Slide, Stockpile

Vanillish - Ice Beam, Icy Wind, Mirror Shot, Mist

They are levels 34 and 35. Should I just grind to about 38? I also have a Sneasel that I got from the mystery egg that I was thinking of training up to use. Worth?

Thanks!

I would definitely go to the Grand Hall and level up a bit, because a few extra levels couldn't hurt.

The first thing I would do is swap Vanillish for Sneasel. He doesn't get a good physical Ice move for a LONG time, but you can get Beat Up and Feint Attack, which will make quick work a lot of Shade's Pokemon.

Remember that Charge Beam will transform the field into a Factory Field, which takes away the boost to Shade's ghost attacks.

I'm assuming you have Meowstic-M given the status moves on it?

I think beyond that a bit of leveling will get you back on track.

You may wanna get some Dark-types in there to help you out. I like using Drapion. You can find a Skorupi in the Underground Railnet and grind it up. It's fairly bulky too. Sneasel would probably be worth it, but it'll probably get OHKO'd by Chandelure, which is the biggest threat in this fight. I don't remember all of Shade's team off the top of my head, but Camerupt and Monferno could probably take a few mons down through type effectiveness or brute force. If you evolve Monferno into Infernape (it should be a short grind by this point), it'll be even smoother.

imo I'd be careful about using Gourgeist. One reason I don't like using Ghost-types against Ghost-types is because they're weak to each other, so Gourgeist would need to be able to take as much as it dishes out. Vanillish should be effective against Shade's Grass-types if Monferno/Infernape isn't available. And if all else fails, grinding a level or two wouldn't hurt, or mining for some nifty items like elemental Plates to boost a mon's attacks.

You may wanna get some Dark-types in there to help you out. I like using Drapion. You can find a Skorupi in the Underground Railnet and grind it up. It's fairly bulky too. Sneasel would probably be worth it, but it'll probably get OHKO'd by Chandelure, which is the biggest threat in this fight. I don't remember all of Shade's team off the top of my head, but Camerupt and Monferno could probably take a few mons down through type effectiveness or brute force. If you evolve Monferno into Infernape (it should be a short grind by this point), it'll be even smoother.

imo I'd be careful about using Gourgeist. One reason I don't like using Ghost-types against Ghost-types is because they're weak to each other, so Gourgeist would need to be able to take as much as it dishes out. Vanillish should be effective against Shade's Grass-types if Monferno/Infernape isn't available. And if all else fails, grinding a level or two wouldn't hurt, or mining for some nifty items like elemental Plates to boost a mon's attacks.

In response to Gourgeist, it is pretty good once it learns Shadow Ball around level 36. Teach it that and it can do heavy damage to Shade's slower ghosts like doublade. And it has the bulk to take a hit back. You can also use shadow sneak to chip one of his stronger ghosts like his Ace