Mael's MMBN2 run through

Maelstrom

Why? Because some of this shit is hilarious, clever, wtfsauce, etc.

Pretty sure I beat 2 or 3 bosses at this point but I don't really remember any of it. I started BN2 because it was my first mm game and loved the shit out of it. Then started BN1 because I'd never beaten it... then got bored.... then eventually remembered that they introduced battle styles into this game and Shield style was the best. No, trust me, nullifying and reflecting damage like a badass was the best.

Anyways, time to begin where I left off.

-----------

Went to Okuden, best campsite ever.

Why? Because bees. Not because they exist there, but because you get to combine a stick with a tossed out newspaper and a lighter into a legit torch to chase a swarm of bees away. Suck it, smokey the bear- I'm an elementary school kid and I know what I'm doing. Plus, I'm not old enough to have an Axe deodorant can yet and use it as a flamethrower.

Btw, this is a pine forest. There aren't any flowers, wtf are bees doing here? And inconveniently blocking my path?

Was their hive nearby? IDK, but I chased them away because this camp group needed a guy they could rely upon. An 11yo guy. So manly. Don't look at me. Roll posted that the mc was dependable because of this on the nets. If it is written, it must be true. Plus, forest fires aren't a thing, that's just propaganda. Except for smokey the bear. He's a real robot and he won't move out of the way or stop trying to kill you until you jack in and debug him. Yay!? Today, I've made nature my bitch.

I learned today that my friends suck.

One's a spoiled bitch because she wants fish because she doesn't feel like eating any other meat (yeah, suck it you idiots who think eating fish flesh doesn't count as eating meat on good fridays and bullcrap). Good thing there's a dude trying to fish nearby. With a fishing pole. I talk to him and voila, I caught some of those slippery, scaly mofos with my bare hands. Duh. Haven't you done that yet?

True story- I did that once, inadvertently once right after a pond had been stocked. fish just floated belly up, stunned by the water/temp change. slippery mofo but I pulled it out with my bare hands. Couldn't bring myself to eat it afterwards, but mostly because my stepdad decided to cook the little shit with the head still on. nothing like fisheyes staring at you from the plate to ruin your appetite. He ate it, not me. Now I wonder if that was his true intent...

My other friend forgot her knife, so she asked me to borrow it from someone around the public camp. I didn't tell her I took her knife beforehand because I believe she is a homicidal bitch and borrowed a plastic knife from one of the neighbors. Also, this is the MC's love interest, everyone.

Third friend needed help getting wood for the bbq fire. In the middle of the forest. Good thing this other dude who is standing around this other tree used to be a lumberjack and can chop down wood with his bare hands. Because he isn't carrying an axe, or a pack, or anything. So I just assume he has Bisharp hands.

Dam nearby was targeted by a terrorist group with bombs. When the hell did this come out? before 9-11? Of course it did.

Chaud decided he'd deal with the bomb. He made me run around the camp looking for short range detonation devices. Found 3 out of 4 devices, 4th one was the PET of some angry hippie. Defeated quickman. Because bombs make me think of quickman and no other megman villain. But he was the fourth trigger device and deleting him triggered the bomb. But Chaud and protoman are badasses and disabled the bomb so it doesn't do shit. Chaud is an antisocial twat and because he leaves, you get all the credit when interviewed by the reporter (who likes frogs and drove high up into the mountains instead of getting to the place she was actually supposed to go. I forget where she was supposed to go but I remember her saying something ridiculous like she was supposed to go to the beach to report a story. Cuz yeah, going up a fucking mountain to find the beach.) Yay? Am hero yet?

MC has to do a research report. He randomly finds a letter from Yumland, bourne to his native country of Netopia by balloon. Yes, some bored ass mofo stuck a letter to a balloon, let it drift, and told whoever found it that they should be international pen pals tits or gtfo. What? You millennials don't know what pen pals are? stfu and use google.

I know! I'll go to Yumland and research the internationally famous food there- says the MC. You mean after you talk to your new Yumland pal? megaman asks. "Yeah whatever," replies the mc, "my inner fat kid comes first, second, and fourth."

He searches for his new pen pal online (so he can get an invitation to go to that country: this country is invite only, no scrubs or hungry hobos allowed). He finds that yumland's google homepage has been destroyed by anonymous/net terrorists/evenagelicals/Isis a group called Gospel. By hiring a net ninja and through no might of their own. Gasp.

Long story short, the country has one server that you protect from ninja ddos'ers. Chaud fights a ninja copy. You get a masterball 100% acc fissure gen1 hyperbeam machine Piccolo's special beam cannon a special attack program but then waste it on 3 pawns as they jump in front of Shadowman, as an inured goku protoman holds Shadowman in place so you could hit him.

Welp.

So I settle it in smash with normal fisticuffs and save the intarwebz. Because if the interwebs is shut down, in the early 90's, everyone would have to learn to live without their tamagachi companions, like megaman, and have speak to each other over the phone or face to face.

I couldn't let that happen.

Since I'm a the new country hero, I get flown out to America Netopia to go to a UN meeting Netbattle meeting in not-first-class because saving the intrawebs is cool but not top tier. I'm not good enough to be recognized an official netbattler yet. Because where were the 'official' netbattlers while I was taking care of a natural crisis?

Oh yeah, there were 3 of them who self-destructed to take out common viruses and top official netbattler Chaud nearly got taken out by an afterimage clone

Before the flight, I get pretty much get mugged by a big, buff blond dude with a French accent. After several hours of sitting peacefully on the same plane as this douche, I grab my cajones and demand that he fight my pokaymanz give me back my money at the airport terminal. I win, obviously, and he gives me back the obscene amount of money I was saving up.

I'm looking for a bus to get me into town. Because all airports are on the outskirts of town, kappa. When some shady dude tells me he'll give me a ride to town for free. I think he's shady. It's probably not the actual shades he is wearing but his manner of speech that sounds the alarm. But megaman says he sounds like a nice guy. And megaman is the guy that does my math homework for me. He can't be wrong.

We get to town. Dude steals the Electopian chips from the MC because they're foreign and would fetch a high price here. I feel exotic, like a geisha or a leprechaun. The MC is a weak little elementary school hero, so he gets robbed and booted out of the car onto the sidewalk. I know I just beat the pants off Fabio in a pokemon net battle for all my money back and saved the interwebs but I get no chance to do anything to stop a fake taxi driver from copping a feel taking most of my shit.

I stand up on the sidewalk and dust my pants off as I ponder what to do next.

To be continued.

The game came out 2002. It tells you that every time you boot up the game. This is my first time playing the game myself and I realized that the bad guy Navis line up with Megaman robot masters of the same number. What was weird to me was what robot master/navi was blowing up the Dam. It was Quickman?!? I was totally expecting Crashman, the guy who shoots sticky bombs... Okay, whatever.