Interested in starting a flying type mono run but paranoid about making a new save

Caraboo

Title says it all huh? Maybe it's because I'm annoyed at Ciel and her team, or maybe its because half my favorite Pokes are all partially flying types, but I've been gosh darn stuck on that 13th gym for a few days now and I think my brain just wants a rest.

But... I've gotten so far on this game I'm paranoid about trying to start a new save. I feel like I'd glitch out everything and I'm not keen on that thought.

It won't glitch out anything, just move your save file to a different place or rename it and you'll be fine. Then switch whatever file you want active to being the game.rxdata file in the right folder and leave the other one named something else.

You can find information on how to locate your save file here.

It won't glitch out anything, just move your save file to a different place or rename it and you'll be fine. Then switch whatever file you want active to being the game.rxdata file in the right folder and leave the other one named something else.

You can find information on how to locate your save file here.

I did read it, but the individual save files in there are throwing me for loop. So would that mean moving the most recent save file someplace safe, and game.rxdata getting renamed?

So if you look for the game.rxdata file in the folder there, it is the active save file. If you rename it to something other than game.rxdata or move it, then the game will allow you to start a new game as it doesn't notice any save files.

The other things in there that have a time, badge number and name are back up saves, and you don't need to worry about them. They don't do anything unless if one of them is renamed game.rxdata.

Once you've moved or renamed the game.rxdata file, start a new game, and save, then a new game.rxdata file will be created. Then that will be your active save file. If you ever want to go back to your original file, rename the new one something else, and make the original one game.rxdata. Pretty much, whichever file is called game.rxdata in the correct folder, will be the one your game reads.

I just put a number after the original file than started a new one. So instead of game.rxdata, rename it game.rxdata1(or 2 or whatever). I had 3 different characters at one point. It's easier than it seems, just note the current file you're playing will be game.rxdata.

I did a monotype flying run before as well and even tracked it in the team showcase thread, it's a fun type that still offers a lot of variety and isn't too hard, although one fight later on who usually isn't too bad becomes about as hard as a gym leader due to their team shutting down a lot of fliers. If you manage to get Togekiss it's GGs, he's excellent. Archeops is great too from what I hear but I miss out on him every playthrough.

Edited by Monochrome_Complex