Late night OU team critique zzz

At the time I'm typing this I'm too lazy and tired to write why my team may need some help. So here it is
Context: This is a BO team designed to destroy BO. Thus I took the liberty to call this team Old Spice for its BO blocking power despite not being related to Old Spice or Terry Cruz at all.

Not Blue (Charizard-Mega-Y) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost
This thing is a beast. Designed to wreck walls and shit. Can best a cap on some Clefables w/o twave. Was originally gonna be Volc but I mean it is fucking ZARD so it's aight. Standard ass set cauz honestly do you really need anything else? I mean so for this thing is like the MVP. looking at shit like Scizor, Keldeo, Heatran, and Ttar straight in the face and say "no" and bitchslaps them with that almighty 159 sp.atk. So yeah feel free to critique

Arrowhead (Latios) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Defog
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]

You know the deal with this thing. Helps remove the bane of all Zards and smackadoodles frail shit with flaming rocks Moving on.

Star Dream (Metagross) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Atk / 96 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Zen Headbutt
First and foremost do not look up this name because...

STAR DREAM FINAL BOSS OF KIRBY ROBOBOT

anywys I needed some tanky mothafucka to break Latios/Latias's back. Unfortunately Bane was unavailable, so I went with Gross. Honestly unsure which move can go last. Can be ZH, IP, or EQ. opted ZH for the playboy bunny but whatever.

$299.99 (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
Needed someone to allow safe switch ins for my pokes so yeah P-Def Rotom.
Aftershock Tremor (Landorus-Therian) @ Soft Sand
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
BRACE FOR THE AFTERSHOCK MOTHAFUCKAS. Yeah just standard offensive pivot nothing fancy
Meatfat (Terrakion) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Rock Slide
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
Remember when I said the ZARD was the MVP?! This young padawan is actually the main protagonist star of the show true american hero predator alien robocop Terry Cruz of the year & knuckles. MEATFAT
That's my thing please see if you can make something happen i'll edit sometime bye zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I too must limit my opinion for the sake of time, but here are a few quick ponts I noted:

Birds can give you trouble. Rotom W is worn down fairly easily and a lot of pressure is put on that washing machine as is. I'd recommend a fully defensive SR Lando, but that's personal preference.

I have some experience with Zard Y, so seeing it without sand is to me a bit of a novelty. This again is personal preference, because I mainly used that Sun/sand team in my heyday on PS main in XY and early Oras. I don't think it has declined in effectiveness to the point where it can't be considered. Scarftar over Terrakion can provide similar coverage, better insurance against birds so you can be more free to use offensive Lando-T, and can provide pursuit utility as well. Metagross, in that event, can be replaced for your standard Ferrothorn in my opinion, which does the job of killing fairies (which are not incinerated or smashed by other members, like M-Diancie) while also providing you with Spikes/SR. Spdef Heatran is another good SR setter who will also reduce pressure from birds. This lets you remove Rocks altogether on Lando-T and go flat out offensive Double Dance or what have you. Or you can always keep defensive Lando-T and go TWave on fwrro for some speed control, letting you run Modest Zard.

Once again, personal preference, but Keldeo is a bit of an issue, since your Latios doesn't have recovery and can't keep switching. I don't know why you need HO fire on Latios when you have the most powerful fire type in OU right next to it, but I'd ask you to consider Recover/Roost. Or you can try Starmie instead, which works more efficiently with RS instead of Defog (especially if you run Spikes ferro) and completed a FWG core synergy.

All are just my opinions, of course. Take them as you will, and all the best to you. Note that these changes will transform your team from HO-ish to more like Bulky Offenses, but you can't seriously say that you're aiming for HO if you're using fat stuff like AV metagross. Better off with rocks ttar and a Drill, in that case.

The team is pretty weak to Fairies in general; Mega Altaria can reliably tank everything on your team bar Metagross (Iron Head only helps so much especially on a Scarfed Terrakion), whereas Mega Diancie also outspeeds both of your special sweepers, with again Metagross and a safe Terrakion being your only cushion and revenge killer for it. While more rare than Latios, a bulky Latias can also handle your team pretty well. I'm not wholly biased against the way you build your Metagross, but I'd note that there are generally much better Steels out there.

Heatran is probably a superior choice over either Metagross or Lando-T since it checks birdspam/Fairies and deals with Latios/Latias, while also not making your team as vulnerable as it is to MegaGross, which also poses a threat to your team especially considering your Lando-T is slow and not defensive. Heatran also benefits from sun and also prevents things from taking advantage of your own sun to nail things with HP Fire, all the while being a Stealth Rock user and a good check as a Taunt variant to most other walls(watch out for Earth Power/EQ though).

Run Roost on Latios, like Viridescent had said. You need the sustainability on Defog Latios. You could rework your Lando-T into a Scarf set since you already have an SR user if you pick Heatran or another bulky Steel over Gross.

I'm not that experienced with teams around MegaZard Y, but I hope my opinion was helpful.

Edited by YagamiNoir4896

If your initial target was to create a HO team, you'd better have Earthquake on Latios instead of HP-fire. This way you deal with Heatran and Bisharp much better than you'd do with HP-fire, since there are people like me who enjoy using an AV set.

Then I'd change your Metagross with T-Tar holding either lefties or smooth rock and a set of SR, Stone Edge, Pursuit, Ice Beam

Now you can change your Landorus set to a scarf one with EQ, U-turn, Superpower, Knock off

And last, you may want to throw that Terrakion away and work with Excadrill, who can use Rapid Spin to throw hazards that bother Zard away, while function as a nice late-game cleaner assisted by T-Tar which holds Iron Head, Rock slide and EQ.

Sure, some sets overlap with each other, but you wanted a fast and strong HO team, so having common checks and being able to weaken them faster, as they'll have to enter more frequently, is the focus of this build. Then you may sweep undisturbed. You opt for a quick-paced game, so pokemon like Ferrothorn or slow Metagross only stop your momentum.

Sorry I haven't been active. The past few days have been absolute hell.

I too must limit my opinion for the sake of time, but here are a few quick ponts I noted:

Birds can give you trouble. Rotom W is worn down fairly easily and a lot of pressure is put on that washing machine as is. I'd recommend a fully defensive SR Lando, but that's personal preference.

I have some experience with Zard Y, so seeing it without sand is to me a bit of a novelty. This again is personal preference, because I mainly used that Sun/sand team in my heyday on PS main in XY and early Oras. I don't think it has declined in effectiveness to the point where it can't be considered. Scarftar over Terrakion can provide similar coverage, better insurance against birds so you can be more free to use offensive Lando-T, and can provide pursuit utility as well. Metagross, in that event, can be replaced for your standard Ferrothorn in my opinion, which does the job of killing fairies (which are not incinerated or smashed by other members, like M-Diancie) while also providing you with Spikes/SR. Spdef Heatran is another good SR setter who will also reduce pressure from birds. This lets you remove Rocks altogether on Lando-T and go flat out offensive Double Dance or what have you. Or you can always keep defensive Lando-T and go TWave on fwrro for some speed control, letting you run Modest Zard.

Once again, personal preference, but Keldeo is a bit of an issue, since your Latios doesn't have recovery and can't keep switching. I don't know why you need HO fire on Latios when you have the most powerful fire type in OU right next to it, but I'd ask you to consider Recover/Roost. Or you can try Starmie instead, which works more efficiently with RS instead of Defog (especially if you run Spikes ferro) and completed a FWG core synergy.

Ttar over Terrakion is not wholly a bad idea honestly. The only reason why I chose Terrakion is because I felt faster threats such as Weavile, Tornadus, and certain boosted sweepers weren't fully addressed with my team. Sand-Drill is a non-issue as far as boosted sweepers go as Rotom can live a +2 Adamant LO Rock Slide and +4 w/o Rocks

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Excadrill Rock Slide vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Rotom-W: 165-195 (54.4 - 64.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+4 252+ Atk Life Orb Excadrill Rock Slide vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Rotom-W: 247-291 (81.5 - 96%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Sand isn't much of a concern that point, and every other sweeper bar perhaps Zard X (and even that requires a +2 in speed to threaten me) can be handled by either Rotom or Meatfat.

On the topic of Metagross, one of the most important reasons why I use Gross over Tran is because Gross is a blanket check for both Fairies and special attackers while also providing one of Zard Y's biggest necessities to function: pursuit trapping. The Lati twins in particular wall most, if all, variations of Zard Y. With MLatias being a particular threat to the team in general, having a pursuit trapper that not only walls Latios, traps and bypasses Reflect Type MLatias, cripples Starmie as a spinner, blanket checks Keldeo, Clefable, MGard and lolMalt, while providing good synergy with Zard Y gives me so much freedom with my team building.

Perhaps my only concession is Lando, because to be quite frank Offensive Lando rarely has time to succeed. Defensive Lando or SpDef Tran are adequate replacements. That way I can have better insurance vs bird spam and MGross as previously mentioned. Or, if I go the Rocks Tar and Drill route, I could opt for scarf Lando.

In conclusion, I'll experiment with what I can do with the Lando spot. Ultimately this comes down to whether or not I can deal with Fairy/Bird spam better with my current team. That said I can always opt to switch Zard Y with Volcanion, but I have so many teams with Volcanion as it is that I honestly don't have the motivation to use it on this team.

Fair point. I'd also point out that my suggestion of replacing Terrak and Gross with ScarfTar and Tran gives you a stronger pursuit user, a better bird check and a better Fairy check as well, as heatran is the sole x4 resistor. Metagross would combine those roles, I agree, but the only significant benefit is over Mega Gardevoir/Altaria (if it has EQ), which I concede is valuable. But Scarftar brings you the chance to use Sandrill, which deals with those easily enough. Of course, it's all up to your personal preference. I'm glad to have been able to help at least a little.