Considering making a feature, want your input

Read below for the feature idea  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Does this feature sound good?

• Yes, this feature sounds good
    • Yes, this feature sounds perfect for Nuzlockes
    • Yes, this feature sounds good for normal games but might make Nuzlockes less difficult
    • No, this feature sucks
  2. 2. How should the feature act itself out?

• When this applies, critical hits can still happen, but leave the Pokemon with 1 HP
    • In the case that this applies, critical hits cannot happen

A while ago, I remember reading a comic somewhere, where the person was trying to catch a Pokemon, and they whispered to their Pokemon to attack, but be gentle. Then Amie Effects kicked in, and the attacker "was so in sync with >trainer's< wishes that it got a critical hit!", fainting the Pokemon they were trying to catch.

While Pokemon Amie isn't a thing in my game, I am considering adding a feature to my game where you can tell your Pokemon that you don't want to make the wild Pokemon you're fighting faint. When you tell them this, you can still faint them if you make a bad move, but I was considering making it so that if:

- a non-crit will not kill, but

- a crit will kill

the critical hit will be prevented from killing.

Edited by Rot8er_ConeX

I'm not sure if this feature is a good idea. Frankly, it seems a little over powered, as it would make the game easier, while not having any particular downsides. Frankly, just giving the player False Swipe early would remedy the situation.

Frankly, just giving the player False Swipe early would remedy the situation.

I've considered this. My issue here is the fact that False Swipe is Normal type and thus can't hit Ghost types. I've considered making a second variation of False Swipe that's a non-Normal type for just this reason, but...what type, and what name?

I've considered this. My issue here is the fact that False Swipe is Normal type and thus can't hit Ghost types. I've considered making a second variation of False Swipe that's a non-Normal type for just this reason, but...what type, and what name?

True Swipe? Perhaps make it Fairy?

Or just use Foresight.

Edited by Combat Medic

I'll be honest and this goes for my nuzlockes too: I've only lost one Pokemon to a crit out of like 200, but I think the average player would suffer 1 out of 25. Considering critical capture is a thing, I don't really think it's a stretch to prevent criticals on wild Pokemon, but the 1 HP thing I think it a little bit too much. 1 HP pretty much ruins the fact that you have to think through how to weaken it without killing it. The only thing the second option is bringing is saving Poke on Balls, but you remove all effort in the process.

I'm the kind of guy who really isn't into something with a whole bunch of flashy features, but this would be a fun option if you could toggle it on or off. Then again, I would rather see this as part of a no-crit, double damage received type option instead of a catching option.