Cyaloom's adventures in Pokèmon Xenoverse

Cyaloom

Hello everyone! Loomie here, presenting a run of Pokèmon Xenoverse!

Pokèmon Xenoverse is a fangame, made with RPG Maker XP like most fangames in the Reborn forums, which is still in early development.

Two demos have been released - right now, the second one is not an expansion of the first one but has a totally different setting and story - and, even at this stage, there are some very interesting features.

However, what makes this game special is that it's made by an italian development team, WEEDle (here there's their official site) and, as such, the dialogues are mostly in italian. The second demo comes in English as well, but even then, don't worry, for I'll try to translate everything for you~

NJCYH77.png

Part 1: The top percentage Rattata

5aPupK1.jpg

The game begins with a flashback - a very interesting way to start off - rather than with the usual Professor lecture.

Sezu is the father of the protagonist, and he is shown in a hospital, waiting for our birth. It'll be a nurse to ask him the gender and name of the player - in this case, a girl named Dawn.

Don't worry, I'll play the second demo as a boy.

P4ytOze.jpg

Once that is done, another flashback occurs. Here we are 5 years old, and our father Sezu decides to take us outside. He therefore shows us around his ranch - the italian name is "Ranch Liopigro": Liopigro is actually an invented word, like names of Pokemon are, so I don't know how to translate it.

We first check out our Miltank, then we head to the nearby lake, and finally to the small monument in the picture. It's dedicated to Artemis, our grandfather, who - as Sezu tells me - "sacrificed himself to save ourselves. But you're too young to hear this story. Let's head home."

Too bad that, when we head home, we hear a strange noise coming from north. Sezu finds three Pokeballs, and lets us keep one of them. Those Pokeballs contain:

a4EVV5e.jpg

The Grass-Fairy type Shyleon

WSrmDT8.jpg

The Fire-Sound type Trishout (yes, they added a brand new type, Sound - I still don't know much about it though)

3923Byj.jpg

And the Water-Dragon Type Shulong, which I'll keep.

At this point, someone attacks our father, claiming that those Pokeballs were his. He calls out a Golem and starts a battle with Sezu, as we try to run away...

Now in the present, we hear from our mother, Sophie, that our dad has been disappeared since.

As we are ready to start our journey, our mother gives us everything we need - Pokedex, Running Shoes - and tells us to reach the nearest city, Ludopoli, as Ezio, a friend of our father, lives there. She tells us to be safe before we exit her house.

This is how Dawn looks now that she is 10.

Yes, it's another pink-haired protagonist, like in Rejuvenation.

QoEltMc.jpg?1

And this is Dawn outside, with Shulong.

BRKevVA.jpg?1

Not only we have some really interesting graphics (the menu is from Black and White 2, by the way) but we also have our first Pokemon in the party that is following us like in Heartgold and Soulsilver. Shulong can't talk to us yet, but this will be likely implemented in the full game.

coXVheA.jpg

This is the Pokedex data for the 'Mythical small dragon' Pokemon, Shulong.

Shulong is a small chinese dragon that has 2 kinds of skin (external and internal), making it very versatile.

As we head outside, we are approached by a woman named Lea who explains how to catch a Pokemon and gives us some Pokeball. The wild Pokemon from the "tutorial", which, for now at least, is considered a normal battle, is ours: it's a new Fakemon called Hikiloo.

b0e4I8K.jpg

Hikiloo, the Puppy (Small dog) Pokemon, is a Normal-Ice type.

A cute puppy coming from iced lands. Since ancient times it'd help humans training huge weights during the most impetuous snowstorms.

And finally, we also get a third member for our team, Sparkowl (the Pidgey equivalent, probably):

J4mis2B.jpg

Sparkowl, the Tiny Bird Pokemon (I'm totally sure on this one :)) is an Electric-Flying type.

Spakwol (typo right there) usually lives on trees. If not disturbed, it's tender and quiet.

Let's admit it, it looks slightly weak at first sight. But later you'll see why I got it anyways.

As you can see, most Pokemon here are Fakemon, but don't worry, as there are many normal Pokemon as well (like the Miltank from before, and many Pidgey, Eevee, Bunnelby, and Rattata in the first route). There are also some trainers, who I've promptly beaten.

99gObRS.jpg

This is a new, small route, that heads to our next destination, Ludopoli. The first trainer we meet is this guy, GENNARU BULLO (normally called Gennaro), and his top percentage Rattata.

In case you were wondering, Gennaro Bullo is the italian equivalent of the famous trainer Joey the Bully. This time though, his Rattata is really a top percentage Rattata.

oWjuHzy.jpg

See? Level 100 Rattata. :o

Also, I'm taking this chance to point out two other things. First, the different battle interface that this game has. And second... my Sparkowl has some different colours than the one shown in the Poxedex, as it's Shiny!

It's very nice, especially because I don't think that the Shiny rate has been changed like in Reborn, and is probably still as low as in the main series games!

vqdzMTa.jpg

After our loss, Gennaro wants to block the path, but luckily, he's promptly called out by his mother, who brings him back home. We can finally head to Ludopoli!

Now in Ludopoli, we find a fire in the city. All the inhabitants are outside, calling for help, but Ezio comes and saves the day!

j4JBJmg.jpg

Yes, he has a Suicune.

When he's about to leave, he finally recognizes us as the daughter of his friend Sezu, and decides to talk a bit more about us.

He explains that the cause of the fire is a Pokemon from another dimension, a Delta Pokemon (who played the Pokemon TCG, Pokemon Zeta/Omicron, or Pokemon Insurgence, may be familiar with them already), who probably is going to the nearby Beach.

A new plan is set:
Next time, we'll have to follow Ezio as he hunts down that Delta Pokemon.

The Team:

Obtained in part 1:

Shulong (the starter) - lv.7

Bubble, Pound, Tail whip

Hikiloo (ice dog) - lv. 6

Powder Snow, Tackle, Tail Whip

Sparkowl (tiny electric bird) - lv. 5

Thundershock, Quick Attack

Sorry if the pictures are too big; I'll see what I can do to resize them, at least for the upcoming parts!

Edited by Cyaloom

Sorry for posting again, but I've finally finished typing the part!

I posted the introduction alone and added the other parts later, saving the edited post multiple times, to avoid losing everything in case of problems.

Hmm, this is an interesting game. Maybe I'll play it. Do you know where the second demo goes up to? And I wouldn't worry about the whole language thing, I speak Spanish, so I understand what they're saying.

I still don't know where this demo goes up to.

But, about the second one: they made it mainly because they want to test some features, like the aforementioned Pokemon Delta, which will be available only later in the game. So they made up a brand new storyline just for the second demo, that may become a part of the final game as well.

Replies:

Ok, thanks. You know, for a minute, I thought you made this game haha...

I'm not the kind of guy to include Delta Pokemon, and all of the other features that are in the second demo :)

rip thought this was zumi's game at first :S

seems pleasing to the eye

Can't blame you, the titles and the logos look a bit like Xenogene (Zumi's game).

And yes, they worked a lot on the graphics.

Part 2: It's a bomb!

Last time, we had to explore Shining Beach. Ezio was going there to hunt down the Delta Pokemon that caused a fire in Ludopoli the first time we got there.

On our way there, we beat some trainers and caught a new Fakemon, Yemin:

5rxjWwp.jpg

Normal-Fighting. I don't know if I'll be using it that much, though.

The fighter Pokemon.

A Pokemon that never surrenders, and always finds an excuse to keep fighting. Even if it's about to lose, he won't stop until his opponent forfeits.

that description, as it's written in the Pokedex, doesn't really make much sense, to be honest :D

hkVPhxo.jpg

And here we are: now on the actual beach, Ezio lets us handle the Delta Pokemon, who I promptly catch. All I needed was one Pokeball and some Thundershocks from Sparkowl.

McauyHE.jpg

But first, notice the weird dimensional portal thingy that appears behind Delta Pokemon when a battle with one of them starts.

LZHUU04.jpg

Delta Elekid is a Fire type (like Elekid's counterpart in the normal games, Magby). The Pokedex says:

This is the delta forme of Elekid. It's a small bomb engulfed in fire (not really sure on how to translate this, pardon) that, if disturbed, can even blow up.

After catching the Elekid, we arrive to Ezio's lab, where he and other scientists study Delta Pokemon.

Those Pokemon come from an opposite dimension (distortion world??), and they have been appearing here for some time now, causing problems like the fire in the city.

Opzgvhv.jpg

Before leaving the lab, a scientist named Anna gives us the Item Crafter, alongside a Pokeball and a Megaball circuit. I haven't tried this out yet, but they say it is a tool that lets you combine ingredients to obtain a brand new item.

Now that all of this is done, it's time to challenge the gym:

hqV9p2W.jpg

if it wasn't clear enough, it's a Grass-type gym.

The levels of the Pokemon used by the trainers are actually higher than normal, and I've beaten the first one just because of Freeze hax with Hikiloo, so I'll have to grind some more before challenging the gym leader.

Now excuse me while I grind for the next part...

The team:

Shulong ('draghetto') - lv. 9

Bubble, Pound, Tail whip

Hikiloo (freeze hax master) - lv. 9

Powder Snow, Tackle, Tail whip

Sparkowl (shiny bird) - lv. 6

Thundershock, Quick attack

Yemin (the fighter) - lv. 6

Pound, Focus energy, Leer

Delta Elekid (the bomb) - lv. 5

Smog, Leer, Ember

Edited by Cyaloom

Gym done :)

Part 3: Twineedle Spam

So, while grinding in Shining Beach I've found many interesting wild Pokemon. Not only we have Yemin, but also normal Pokemon like Taillow, Wingull and Magby. And this thing.

z5Yf4X2m.jpgkK5y6oqm.jpg

Tranpille, the Caterpillar Pokemon.

It's a physically weak Pokemon that, thanks to some of its body's molecules, can morph into menacing Pokemon to scare others and to defend itself.

That thing on his head is easily recognizable, right?

It seems that Tranpille is like Diglett, as some of its body is always underground.

Also, Tranpille walking behind me looks kind of scary, and much bigger that you'd expect.

As it was a Bug-Fire Pokemon, I caught it immediately. Too bad it's very rare and hard to catch - thanks to Critical hits on my part, or just bad luck, I got it only on my fourth try.

It was worth it though :]

9tFYA5wm.jpg

Anyways, after some grinding I finally battle the Grass Gym Leader of Ludopoli, Danilo.

He is always found meditating, and he doesn't want anyone to forget his name, it seems. In fact, the game says "Danilo Danilo wants to fight"...

The battle starts with Tranpille against his Flabebè (at level 13). I finally knock it out after many Twineedle attacks and some help from Shulong.

Flabebè, on the other hand, cannot knock out my Tranpille in two hits as it resists Fairy type moves (thanks to the Fire type).

A level 14 Bulbasaur is sent out next - Hikiloo and Sparkowl (who has learned Peck, finally) handle it with relative ease.

The last Pokemon... is this thing.

9keGiPPm.jpg

Yep, level 16 Delta Spiritomb! I couldn't understand whether it was just Grass-type or had a secondary typing, but I know that - luckily - he was hit super effectively by Bug-type moves from my Tranpille. Sparkowl at first, and then this Charizard mimicker were able to knock it out.

Only Tranpille was alive after that battle... but I got my first badge!

4BahX0ym.jpg

Here it is.

Now I can return to Shining Beach. A ship that was being repaired there is now ready to go, so I guess I'll have to get there and embark on a new journey!

keBTWTM.jpg

I don't have a ticket, but a guy named Dade recognizes me and convinces the sailors to let me in. Ezio wanted that to happen, after all - just hearing that name is enough for the sailors...

So, we are going to travel by ship... next time.

The team:

Shulong ("il draghetto") - lv. 10

Bubble, Bite, Tackle, Tail Whip

Hikiloo (snow puppy) - lv. 9

Sparkowl (sleepy bird) - lv. 10

Peck, Thundershock, Quick Attack, Thunder Wave

Tranpille (Charizard cosplayer) - lv. 12

Ember, Twineedle, Pin Missile, String Shot

Delta Elekid (the bomb guy) - lv. 5

Ember, Smog, Leer

Yemin (never surrender!) - lv. 6

Pound, Focus Energy, Leer

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still here! This will be the final part of the First demo, too!

Part 4: Curse you, Girafarig!

You'll see why :]

iIMvQnq.jpg

So, we are finally inside the ship, called HMS Victoria. I've found this Gang member inside - he says he doesn't even know why he was able to ride his motorbike inside.

The ship itself is not so big, but there is still a kitchen. One of the two chefs loves rice, so she gave me some - it actually is just like a Super Potion.

npg2b7P.jpgGHmPCmT.jpg

This, instead, is what happens if I try to go upstairs. First, a guy named Rob gives me a Secret Potion (like the one used to make the Psyduck move in Platinum), then, as I'm talking with the Captain, some Sharpedo attack the ship, which is slammed against a rock wall.

I'm the only survivor, and I find myself in this island, full with ghost types. I catch a Gastly and a Duskull, hoping to use them later, and level up Shulong - this is made easier thanks to his newly learned move, Bite.

HIuVALx.jpg

Where am I...? (Notice Shulong standing on top of the character).

LHPsshs.jpg

As I get to the other side of the island, I find this wounded Lapras. I give it the Secret Potion, and she carries me to the destroyed ship. After that, I can't interact with it anymore - I'm stuck in the ship.

The floor has countless cracks that I have to avoid, there are many Zubats and ghost-types, and it's still raining.

After a while, though, I reach a new room.

brgsjrZ.jpg

There's a strange presence inside this room.

That is a warning for an upcoming fight. I entered the room anyways, with my best friend Shulong beside me...

dKVCtPZ.jpg

And we're against Delta Sharpedo!

It is at level 16, and it's a Ghost-type (but I couldn't guess its eventual secondary typing). Because of Bite, Shulong was actually able to dispose of it easily, gaining two levels after the fight.

It was surprisingly easy, I have to admit.

Bc7lQ9m.jpg

After the fight, Rob shows up again and teleports me away with his Alakazam. But, instead of teleporting me to a new location, I get brought here.

And as the message states, the First Demo of Pokemon Xenoverse is now ended!

That levitating Chansey is a new feature of the game. It works like a Healing Machine from Reborn and Rejuvenation, but it has to be activated by paying some money.

I also receive a Level 50 Girafaring and its Megastone, so I can try it out. Too bad that i can't access my Pokemon Storage System and...

4tpUONK.jpg

Why did you replace my Shiny Sparkowl!?

dFTdNvr.jpg

Anyways, this is how Mega Girafarig looks in battle. I couldn't show the front sprite though.

And with this image, the part - and this demo - is done! Next time, we begin a new adventure with a different character, as we test out some different features of the game!

The team:

Shulong (The Sharpedo-biting Draghetto) - lv. 13

Bubble, Bite, Tail Whip, Pound

Hikiloo (snow puppy) - lv. 9

Girafarig (the intruder) - lv. 50

Zen Headbutt, Crunch, Psychic, Double Hit

Tranpille (Charizard mime) - lv. 12

Ember, Twineedle, Pin Missile, String Shot

Delta Elekid (the bomb guy) - lv. 5

Ember, Smog, Leer

Yemin (the benched guy) - lv. 6

Pound, Focus Energy, Leer

Creepy looking Girafarig but any idea why the ship was attacked by a sharpedo?

Well, I don't know for sure but I suppose it's because of the attitude of Delta Sharpedo.

As Ezio said in another part while speaking about Elekid, Delta Pokemon (who come from a different dimention) appear randomly and cause trouble, even without an apparent reason.

• 2 weeks later...

Let's go for Demo 2 as well!

6dX136E.jpg

Pokèmon Xenoverse: the strength of one

like the second Pokemon film.

Part 5: The fire island

PWK2fbf.jpg

As this demo was made mostly to test the new features of the game, we start with 5 Pokemon at level 50 that we can choose ourselves from this roster. We have:

1. The three starters, equipped with the Terrestrial ring

2. Hikiloo

3. Sparkowl's evolution

4. Delta Sharpedo and Delta Spiritomb

5. Hammer-form Aegislash

6. Luxray and Hypno, who obtained new Mega Evolutions

I went with this team, as Delta Pokemon have been already showcased, and as I wanted to keep my starter Shulong. On the right, there's me!

r4Nrrjy.jpgyimSJBl.jpg

Mega Hypno and Mega Luxray look like this:

7XKasQ5.jpgb5aY9xi.jpg

And now a closer look at the Starters I chose, Shulong and Trishout: they cannot evolve normally, but they can use an item called Terrestrial Ring that makes them change form and become stronger:

k6IUSeY.jpgfXN5l3w.jpg

And here we can see the new Menu of the game, another cool graphic addition:

Z7o65i9.jpg

Enough with the features, let's talk about the story.

So we start off the journey on a ship, eager to start a new adventure which, as the narrator says, will actually end up being the most important of our life.

But guess what happens then...

VkdSt5x.jpgzzptMrb.jpg

We end up on a tropical island. While at first it looked like a desert place, soon we find some friends of the ship's captain, Maren.

Most of the people on this island are wearing masks for some celebrations, and we are invited to join. Then we discover that, according to a prophecy, we are some kind of "chosen one" and we need to defeat Articuno, Moltres and Zapdos.

oMBF8oK.jpg

This girl, called Melody, says that she's never seen such a cute "chosen one"... Interesting.

But in the meantime, a wild cutscene appears.

aMSGncg.jpg

k den.

The team:

Shulong (T), lv. 50

Dragon Pulse, Water Pledge, Ice Beam, Water Ring

Trishout (T), lv. 50

Flamethrower, Boomburst, Ancient Power, Fire Pledge

Aegislash (X), lv. 50

Thundershock, Calm Mind, Mach Punch, Iron Head

Luxray, lv. 50

Volt Tackle, Sucker Punch, Ice Fang, Superpower

Hypno, lv. 50

Psyshock, Nasty Plot, Focus Blast, Synchronoise

Sorry I played this like 10 days before writing this update :o

Edited by Cyaloom

• 3 weeks later...

Phew!

Part 6: No Pokeballs
Last time I was wandering around the Volcano, trying to find the way up. Luckily, I finally did manage to reach the summit, where Moltres is supposed to be.
Hc71DlQ.jpg

As I come out, I'm approached by Melody (how did she reach me this fast anyways?) and together we have a look at this Shrine.
I get what seems to be a very important Key Item (please keep in mind I haven't watched the second Pokemon film), the Fire Orb, as it seems I'm the chosen one...
LKt0IGG.jpg

Then a wild Zapdos appears and fights us, rather than Moltres. Moltres was probably gone, and Zapdos decided to take its place for some time.
dzlWTrC.jpg

Here I had no Pokeballs of any kind... So I just defeated the Zapdos with Trishout. But then...
p3OIyvl.jpg
The weakened Zapdos (and us) got caught into that huge machine thingy.

eQsN6c7.jpg
Remember this guy? He wants to build his own Pokemon Collection with Zapdos, Moltres and Articuno (who's still missing). At this point, he might just add me and Melody in this collection as well...

2UhBCiu.jpg
And in fact, he leaves us trapped inside that place.
We'll need to find some sort of key to escape, and finally liberate the Three legendary Pokemon.

The Team:

Shulong (T), lv. 50
Trishout (T), lv. 50
Aegislash (X), lv. 50
Luxray, lv. 50
Hypno, lv. 50

Edited by Cyaloom

The game looks nice.Also I know a bit of italian so i understand what the text says.But I believe you can choose other languages too,right?

Demo 2 actually has an English release, while Demo 1 doesn't. The finished game, though, should have both an Italian and an English download, if I remember correctly :]

Demo 2 actually has an English release, while Demo 1 doesn't. The finished game, though, should have both an Italian and an English download, if I remember correctly :]

Good to know.I should be able to practice my italian with it.

• 2 weeks later...

hai

Part 7: The other mountain
vXx5rdt.jpg
The key that I had to search was hidden behind Moltres' sphere (and was an actual hidden item so I had to smash the C button while wandering around the room).

But thanks to it, I was able to open the gate that Lawrence closed, and to enter a new area of that building.
EThYyQI.jpgLgg17PS.jpg1Xn3GCj.jpg
Yes, there are warping platforms in here. And many interesting fights. keep in mind I have no pokeballs.
I had to fight what looked like a Rock-type Machamp (which was actually a statue in the first place) and an hologram Pikachu. Not that difficult anyways - remember who my team members are.
1jJebSM.jpg
Oh, and there was this puzzle where you had to activate the statues in the right order. This allowed me to enter an interesting room...
JbuhLRR.jpg
Basically what happens inside here is that everytime you enter, the statues are placed at the end of the path with two items, a Potion and a Pokeball. As you exit, the game tells you that the inside of this cave has changed, and that you can enter it again (if you don't, you won't be able to enter anymore).
If you keep going inside, you'll get better items (Mega ball and Super potion, then Ultra ball and Hyper potion, and then Max Revive and Master ball). If you decide to enter the cave again after obtaining the Master ball, the Weeping Angels (the "statues" of before) will take back all of their items and prevent you from entering that place ever again.
"They got angry and came here to take you"

Now, after beating the Hologram Pikachu I obtained an interesting item, a "Pokemon Memory of Pikachu", which allows me to free Zapdos:
CIbpmVG.jpg
See the hologram pikachu doing his best?

Same thing has to be done for Moltres: this time I have to go outside and fight a Charizard hologram. It seems I'm very high up.
eIaXn0R.jpgZT7A7F7.jpgY7yhe2K.jpg

When both Moltres and Charizard have been freed, the spaceship (I think it was a spaceship) starts to fall, and I end up on another island, which looks like Articuno's mountain. I also find the Thunder orb, probably left in that convenient place by Zapdos for me.
aRCLK6m.jpg
Looks like there is another mountain to climb up... next time :)

The Team:

Shulong (T), lv. 50
Trishout (T), lv. 50
Aegislash (X), lv. 50
Luxray, lv. 50
Hypno, lv. 50

Edited by Cyaloom

• 3 weeks later...

last part!

Part 8: That's why I had a free space in my party...

First things first, sorry for forgetting to resize images... they'll be rather big.

u8IfEGB.jpg

Finally I get on top of this icy mountain. I battled a couple of wild Pokémon (like Sneasel) and gained some experience on the way there, and now I find Melody and a talking Slowking waiting for me. I'm told to place the two Orbs I've got on the nearby shrine.

However, not only there is a missing Orb (Articuno's one), but the three Legendary birbs Titans all approach me angrily.

f9HClfO.jpg

OF3bJrW.jpg

To stop them, we need help from another Legendary Pokémon. So Melody plays this ocarina to call it.

And there it is, Lugia! (Who still can't stop the three Birds).

I need to find the Ice Orb, located in a small island connected to the one where I am now. As I head there, all of the Pokémon of the island are supporting me, standing on the sides of the path I've taken:

cAbUMsZ.jpg

There is everyone: from Rattata to Abra, to Charizard and Gyarados... and Magneton as well. (that is secretly Viri)

Ufl4XkW.jpg

Orb get! It was in yet another shrine.

6ijtoBP.jpg

As Lugia offers me a ride to get back to the previous shrine and place the Ice Orb, I find Lawrence.

I won't allow you to position these orbs in that shrine!

The fight begins, and the sixth space in my party, which remained empty, is now taken by Lugia itself (who is at level 70).

swFKOUR.jpg

Lawrence battles me with the three Birds at level 60: they get defeated fairly easily by a combined effort of Lugia and my other team members. In the meantime, Aegislash-Hammer learns Zap Cannon, which will turn out to be very useful later...

That fight wasn't that easy. It certainly was easier than all of the fights I've had to win in Reborn, Rejuvenation and other fangames, however.

8dk5zMd.jpg

With Lawrence defeated, Lugia can finally calm down the three Birds, as I get Melody's compliments (we all know she loves me) and the place changes... no more snow, but grass and flowers.

To end this demo in style, I get challenged to a battle by Lugia himself. Melody gives me many Ultra Balls, and then the battle starts...

Aegislash didn't miss Zap Cannon and paralyzed Lugia (who, being bulky as it is, took the hit easily) and, after lowering its health, I was able to capture Lugia fairly quickly.

After that, I got teleported into that square area full of grass that also appeared at the end of the first demo and read the Credits: even the Second demo is now finished!

The team:

Shulong (T), lv. 50 - Draghetto!
Trishout (T), lv. 51 - Sound Dinosaur
Aegislash (X), lv. 51 - Hammer time
Zap Cannon, Calm Mind, Mach Punch, Iron Head
Luxray, lv. 50 - The real "bird keeper"
Hypno, lv. 50 - long-bearded elder

Edited by Cyaloom