Justin's Story Episode 5: The Blackwater-gate scandal

Damage

As per usual I have a theme song lined up and sorry to say that Blaze's song isn't yet although I know what it is. Just not the time kids. This episode's character song is Luxcalibur who everytime I write his character doing something this song comes on. I feel as though this thoroughly describes his mentality on a good day. The original version of course.

• 3 months later...

Wow time flies huh. Already made five of these things. Maybe I'll reach episode 19 before Ame. Dare to dream. Anyway episode five sees the return of a couple cool cats and the introduction to everyone's favorite Flo-bot, unless you're a little more progressive. There's action, there's comedy and honestly not enough time to do everything but this is a small piece of the journey so I wanted to keep it to one episode. Comment, like, yell, rant or just do some curls in the gym. Surprise me. Without further add dew here is episode 5: The Blackwater-gate Scandal.

InT. Seacrest's Garden Morning

Justin, Blaze, Luxcalibur, Seacrest, Rebecca and Nancy are all sitting in the garden relaxing. An exterior shot lets us know that the garden is closed today. Caution tape as well as construction equipment by the wall tells us that the crew has been working on restoration.

Justin

First big party and I miss it. Lame.

Rebecca

I could have done without it.

Seacrest

Same.

NanCY

I'm sorry that the Reborn staff was not able to help you. I feel responsible for not assisting.

SEACREST

Don't worry about it Nancy. If anything blame the boy for not being here.

JUSTIN

Thanks pops.

SEACREST

Anytime. I'm getting another beer want one boy?

JUSTIN

Yessir!

Seacrest heads inside with two empty bottles.

REBECCA

Didn't think you were that old Justin.

JUSTIN

Me neither. But hey who needs thinking when you have beer amiright?

Nancy shakes her head and Rebecca looks astonished as Seacrest brings Justin another beer. Justin winks as Seacrest turns away to sit in his chair.

JUSTIN

I know he's technically an infant but can I let Blaze have some?

SeACREST

(dismissive)

Your Pokémon.

JUSTIN

Blaze wanna try?

The adolescent Pokémon excitedly grabs the beer and takes a small gulp in his beak and shakes his head in disgust. Everyone laughs.

JUSTIN

That's the appropriate response. Drug free is the way to be. Except rare candy.

SEACREST

So I wont work you to the bone today.

JUSTIN

You feeling alright?

SEACREST

(annoyed)

Watch it... No I'm sure you'd like to train or go on adventures.

JUSTIN

I love s'ploring.

NANCY

That's actually beneficial.

JUSTIN

Of course it is.

NANCY

I'm sure you've seen the Blackwater factory by now.

JUSTIN

Yeah I plan...

(thinking)

Go on...

NANCY

Yes Justin if you can figure out what has been going on in there we will pay you for your efforts.

JUSTIN

Always nice to hear but why not just send in the boys in blue.

NANCY

We've lost all video feed and communication and half the police force is trapped in the jungle created in Beryl.

JUSTIN

Damn. So the urgency is-

NANCY

Extremely high. Our fresh water reserves are plummeting and I'm sure you can do the math there.

JuSTIN

People-water=Frowny Face.

NANCY

Correct.

JUSTIN

Well I planned on doing it for free but can I actually make a request Nan?

NANCY

Depends?

JUSTIN

Lux as it happens is a little stronger than he can handle. Power bracers would be a nice treat.

NANCY

How many?

JUSTIN

Five.

NANCY

That's roughly a thousand pounds.

JUSTIN

I can count.

NANCY

You find out what's going on in Blackwater and you will have the bracers. Of course this job is off the books. Reborn has enough travesties to deal with.

JUSTIN

I'm sure I can handle it. I hope. Blaze, you game?

Blaze lets loose flames from his wrist.

JUSTIN

Lux, I may be dealing with real danger. Can-

Lux pulls a surprised Blaze to his feet and begins walking to the door.

JUSTIN

That was easy.

Justin finishes his drink.

SEACREST

Be careful boy.

REBECCA

Yeah Justin, it might be the black dressed freaks we've been hearing about.

JUSTIN

Why they gotta be black?

NANCY

The rumors point to a terrorist cell known as Team Meteor.

JUSTIN

Fanatics chasing a legendary that wont obey them. Tale as old as time.

NANCY

Perhaps but they have numbers and power. You don't need to fight them just reactivate the cleaning devices or destroy the now poisonous factory.

JUSTIN

I'll choose the simpler option if that's cool.

NANCY

Call me the moment you figure it out or if you face a problem and I'll send in help.

JUSTIN

Who?

NANCY

There are a few leaders nearby who are all rather talented.

JUSTIN

I'm guessing you can't send them in first because of something dumb.

NANCY

If you only knew.

JUSTIN

Alright. Later Feraligatrs.

Justin starts running out and through the Opal Ward up the tracks alongside Blaze and Luxcalibur.

Ext. opal ward afternoon

Justin, Blaze and Luxcalibur are staring at the outside of a worn down factory. No one is outside but the three are at a safe distance away to observe.

JUSTIN

Alright boys, this requires a little bit of stealth but unfortunately I don't have x-ray vision so I can't... Wait Lux.

The lion Pokémon perks up in attention.

JUSTIN

Do the thing friend.

Luxcalibur's eyes light up as he begins scanning the area around the door.

JUSTIN

How many we looking at bud?

Luxcalibur scratches the ground a few times.

JUSTIN

Three huh, not b-

He continues scratching looking up to apparently get a head count. Justin sighs.

JUSTIN

You can stop Lux. I think I have an idea of how many are inside... I'd say just point us to the main console but I doubt either of us would know what to look for. Lux was everyone inside wearing black?

Justin points to his shirt and Lux confirms with a nod.

JUSTIN

New plan. We sneak in at night. This works better since I can teach you guys how to operate at night and get some black clothes for you both. Should be easy since you're both covered in dark fur. That's actually pretty convenient.

Justin laughs as he begins walking back down the tracks.

ExT. blackwater factory

Justin, Blaze and Luxcalibur are back at the factory, this time much closer and all three are covered in black cloths. Two meteor guards are at the front gate with Mightyenas.

JUSTIN

(whispering)

Okay so Blaze we only went over the basics but how do we fight in stealth.

Blaze points at Justin's ribs, knees and neck.

JUSTIN

Good boy. Lux you're our eyes. If we get cornered this is a bust.

Luxcalibur nods.

JUSTIN

Alright Team shenanigans, lets do this.

Just as Justin is about to lead his team from the shadows, Fern, Julia and a green haired woman in a dark yellow skirt and green rimmed glasses approaches the front door and his team gets back down.

JUSTIN

(upset)

No no no. What the hell are they doing here?!

Julia

I'm glad team boomies is here to finally shut this down.

Blaze has to muffle Justin's voice and hold him back

JusTIN

(outraged)

TEAM BOOMIES CAN HAVE TEAM SHENANIGAN'S SLOPPY FUCKING SECONDS!

Blaze gestures Justin to take deep breaths which he does.

JusTIN

I'll be alright.

Fern

Alright ladies, the top dog is about to show you a new trick he invented. Snivy, Ferroseed. Wrecking ball!

Fern throws two Pokéballs and the aforementioned Pokémon emerge. Snivy wraps a vine whip around Ferroseed and begins spinning him rapidly. Luxcalibur places his tail on Justin pinning him to the ground.

JusTIN

HE DIDN'T INVENT THAT! THAT'S FROM ME KICKING THAT DUMB IRON PINECONE AT HIS EQUALLY DUMB FACE!

Snivy launches the Ferroseed at the guards knocking them both unconscious.

JusTIN

I'm good... I'm good...

Justin sits up again.

JusTIN

They might be of some help in getting in and out quickly and quietly. Emphasis of course on quietly.

Julia walks to the now exposed door and places a small black box on it. Then everyone takes a few steps back.

JusTIN

(getting angry again)

Oh my gooooooooooood

After a few moments the door blows off and flies towards Justin and company nearly decapitating him and his team. Justin is now at the boiling point.

JusTIN

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!

Everyone now diverts their attention towards Justin, Blaze and Luxcalibur who have come out of hiding.

JULIA

Hi Justin!

FERN

Sup nerd.

JULIA

(confused)

Why are you dressed like a ninja?

Justin goes directly to Julia still furious, his Pokémon holding him back.

JusTIN

I had a plan to sneak in here and shut down whatever's letting the poison spread or restart the filtration. THEN YOU KAMIKAZE THE FRONT DOOR!

Florinia

Technically speaking no one perished during our entry or due to our explosion so kamikaze is the incorrect terminology.

Justin looks at the cold woman in confusion.

JusTIN

Who's this now?

FERN

That's Flobot.

JusTIN

(even more confused)

Like actually a robot?

Fern starts laughing and Florinia walks towards the factory.

JulIA

No. She's Rini.

JusTIN

So she's a robot named Rini?

JULIA

(upset)

Noooooooooooooo

FlorINIA

The Meteors have probably been alerted to our presence.

JusTIN

Imagine that.

FlORINIA

We don't have to.

JusTIN

God damn it. Lux?

Luxcalibur looks inside and points to both left and right sides.

JusTIN

Okay so they don't know I'm here so if you could continue to distract them.

FlorINIA

Pardon. Justin if I'm not mistaken.

JusTIN

Yeah?

FloRINIA

Judging by your Luxray's pointing in two directions it would appear that the path diverges inside.

JusTIN

That'd be my guess.

FloRINIA

To avoid an ambush of any kind perhaps you could combine efforts with Fern.

JusTIN

Julia... You want me to team up with the walking hindrance.

FERN

Excuse me?

JUsTIN

There is no excuse for you.

JULIA

Ummm time's a bit of a factor.

JusTIN

Imagine that. Cmon grasshole we're going left.

Justin, Blaze, Luxcalibur and Fern rush in to see a couple goons and Mightyenas running towards them. The inside of the building is old and decaying. Rusted metal and peeling paint cover the floors and machinery alike. A powerful stench fills the whole building and we see the massively toxic lake of sludge from which the smell emanates. The lights flicker occasionally. The interior as a whole looks as if it will fall apart any moment.

JusTIN

Fern, keep us clear and attack wherever Lux says to attack. Blaze, lets go!

Justin grabs Blaze's arm and throws him towards one of the Mightyenas and he slides on the floor kicking one into the air and following up by kicking him towards Justin who jump kicks the black dog into the steel bars that prevent falling into the sewage.

FERN

Snivy you're up.

The small snake lets loose two vines that locks the other Mightyena in place allowing Blaze to knock it out with ease.

Meteor

Damn. These kids are no joke.

Julia and Florinia walk into the building and see the combat going on. In front of Florinia is her Cacturne which lets loose sand below its feet with every step.

JuLIA

Oh. His Torchic evolved that's nice.

The two meteors grab their next Pokéballs and Justin and Blaze run to the metal bars near the sewage lake.

JustIN

Off the floors!

Julia and Florinia look on in confusion as Luxcalibur lights up with energy then places his tail on the floor to discharge electricity. The two meteor goons are shocked and lose consciousness. We look over to see Justin and Blaze land after having jumped off the bars and even farther to see Snivy has vined himself and Fern on to the bars above to protect himself and his trainer. Julia and Florinia remain unscathed due to the sand below their feet.

FloRINIA

Interesting use in terrain.

FeRN

EXCEPT THE PART WHERE YOU LET PEOPLE KNOW!

FlORINIA

He said to remove yourself from the flooring.

JusTIN

Thanks Rini-bot.

FlORINIA

My name is Florinia and you're welcome.

Julia wears a wide toothy grin.

JULIA

That was an interesting move Justin.

Justin smiles back with confidence.

JusTIN

What can I say, the move just sort of hit me the other day.

Blaze crosses his arms to share in his teammate's moment.

JULIA

Cute.

JusTIN

Pound it.

Justin and Blaze pound fists feeling accomplished in their feat.

FloRINIA

It seems the this is where the path diverges so a similar dissection in the party can be executed in order to progress.

FerN

And in english?

Both Justin and Julia

She means split up.

JusTIN

Stupid.

FeRN

Sorry I don't speak computer.

JusTIN

Speaking isn't your strong suit.

FERN

Battling isn't yours.

Florinia and Julia continue down their path of the building. Luxcalibur moves closer to Justin and begins tugging on his pants.

JusTIN

In a minute Lux!

Justin focuses back on Fern.

JuLIA

So much for sneaking in huh?

FloRINIA

Perhaps this will grant us the cover of noise I anticipated. I assume he'll be much louder if he has a friend.

Julia and Florinia are gone.

JusTIN

You wanna do this again?!

FeRN

Any day of the week Justurd.

JusTIN

That is the closest thing to damage you're ever going to do to me.

FeRN

OH REALLY!

JusTIN

YEAH REALLY! YOU GOOFY GREEN GOBLIN!

Luxcalibur roars and Blaze is in a fighting stance.

JusTIN

What.... awwww man.

We pan around to see that Justin and Fern have been surrounded.

FERN

Good going genius, now we're surrounded.

JusTIN

Literally the opposite of my plan which-

Justin looks around to see Florinia and Julia are gone along with the trail of sand that should lead to them.

JusTIN (V.O.)

Motherf- he was bait and they made me his baby sitter.

FerN

Which what?

JusTIN

Nothing Fern.... Nothing at all.

FeRN

So should we make a run for the door?

JusTIN

No we need to fix this plant here and now.

FerN

So we're taking them all on?

JusTIN

You're Arceus damn right!

The shot ends with the meteors calling out a myriad of Golbats and Mightyenas. Luxcalibur looks up to Justin with a worried expression. However Blaze, Fern and Snivy appear to be ready for a fight.

JusTIN

No buddy. Just work on countering. We can handle the rest.

Luxcalibur begins to discharge small amounts of electricity and we cut back to the garden.

InT. sEACREST'S GARDEN

Seacrest, Rebecca and Nancy are seen working on the wall with a few Reborn staff helping them rebuild.

ReBECCA

Think Justin was able to sneak in or is just run and gun?

SEACREST

Run and gun.

REBECCA

He seemed like he had a plan.

SEACREST

He also had a plan to have a gym badge by now.

We cut for a moment to Blackwater to see Justin pinned down by meteor goons and Fern shoulder ram into them knocking them over. Justin grabs Fern and dives out of the way allowing Luxcalibur to shoot them with a thunderbolt which burns their clothes and skin, knocking them out in the process. We cut back to the garden after.

REBECCA

That's hardly the same.

SEACREST

You're right. Fighting terrorists is easier than planned monitored fights.

REBECCA

Oh...

NANCY

(smiling)

There isn't any need to worry about Justin. I'm certain everything will go exactly as planned.

We cut to see Julia and Florinia walking through the factory and making their way to a giant metal door which is clearly newer than most of the machinery arond it.

JuLIA

Okay this is weird huh Rini?

FlORINIA

Peculiar the state of this door in comparison to the corroded status of the machinery in the building. Perhaps an addition made to keep something in.

JULIA

Or out.

FlORINIA

Plausible...

(florinia looks around and spots a control panel)

A method of entry has been discovered. I shall hack into the device and we will likely reach our desired destination.

Florinia walks towards the console but the door opens slowly and a white light breaks through pouring into the room they occupy.

JULIA

Rini if its okay with you, I'll get the boomies ready.

FlORINIA

Perhaps your inherent disposition towards explosive solutions will prove useful when our predicament has been taken care of.

A voice breaks in along with the light a tall silhouette opens its arms as if greeting the two.

???

I couldn't of said it better myself.

InT. blackwaTER FACTORY corridor

Justin, Blaze, Luxcalibur and Fern are resting. Everyone is passing around a glass of "Softboiled" drink that Justin used for his earlier injuries.

FERN

This stuff is actually good. Turns out you aren't a total waste of a teammate.

JusTIN

Yeah. Fixed my leg up good. Instantly actually.

FERN

I bet. This crap is like Rare Candy.

JusTIN

No power boost though.

FERN

Poor uneducated novice. Rare Candy doubles here in Reborn as a crazy ass trippy drug. As much as I don't like losers, I recommend you stay away from it.

JusTIN

I'll do that. You good to go yet guys?

Blaze raises a fist and Luxcalibur wags his tail lightly in confirmation.

JusTIN

Let's go.

Justin extends a hand to Fern but he gets up on his own and the two continue down the hallway until they an open doorway where Julia and her Magnezone are being attacked by a Magmar and Chandelure.

JuLIA

Magnezone Mirror Coat!

Fire explodes from the doorway but it is all taken into Magnezone's body and it shoots a condensed energy blast that both opposing Pokémon dodge. Justin and his team begin running towards Julia.

Astor (O.S.)

MAGMAR FIRE PUNCH!

The Magmar jumps up and its hand combusts, it avoids Magnezone to everyone's surprise and aims for Julia. Before it lands it's attack Justin grabs it out of the air and slams it on the ground and punches the firebrand in the stomach before tossing him over to Blaze who kicks him upward into the air and jumps with him and kicks him into Luxcalibur who simply grins as we cut away to seeing electric lights going off behind Justin, Blaze, Julia and Magnezone.

JusTIN

You good?

Julia recalls her Magnezone.

JuLIA

I am. But Magnezone was fighting two fire types alone since Rini is grass.

JusTIN

Got any more left?

Julia shakes her head.

Eclipse

Sir, there's two more.

Sirius

Deal with them. I'll handle the leaders.

Justin turns to see three individuals dressed in black. Two of them looking like standard goons while the third is a taller light skinned man with jet black hair and a strange red eyepatch. He has a serious demeanor and husky voice that shows itself with each command. The three are meteor grunts and administrator respectively.

SiRIUS

Children, trying to fight change isn't even laughable. Its pathetic.

JusTIN

Hey Dick Furious, wanna lose another eye.

SiRIUS

Cute bark boy, it wont do any good against us.

JusTIN

Let's find out. Blaze cover me.

Justin and Blaze charge into the room but as soon as he makes it in he is vine whipped in next to Florinia by her Venusaur. Justin turns to see that Blaze is struggling against a Seviper that tried to attack Justin holding its jaw back from biting him.

JusTIN

Blaze!

FloRINIA

While we appreciate your help, please be mindful of sneak attacks. This team has proven quite dangerous as you can see.

Justin looks at Florinia who is faces Sirius and sees that the back of her skirt is torn around her back and a black wound with blood trickling down is showing. Upon closer inspection her eyes are also bloodshot and her stance is wobbly at best. Justin pulls out the rest of his soft boiled and pours in on Florinia's back.

JusTIN

Its no antidote but at the very least it'll perk you up.

FloRINIA

Sentiment appreciated however if this increases the flow of poison through my body you've just aided in my demise.

JusTIN

(sighs)

You're welcome.

Florinia's legs begin to wobble and her Venasaur uses a vine to steady her. Justin moves the vine and puts her on his back.

JusTIN

So you weren't kidding.

FloRINIA

I hardly see how this could be amusing.

An Electivire rushes at Justin and begins throwing a flurry of electrified punches which he is barely able to dodge.

FlORINIA

You cannot avoid it while holding me.

JusTIN

Yes I can. But I can't counter. LUX!

Luxcalibur runs past the fighting Serviper and Blaze to block the attacks of Electivire.

JUSTIN

Thanks bud. Thunder bolt!

Luxcalibur looks at Justin in confusion.

JusTIN

Trust me.

Luxcalibur nods and fires electric blasts from his mouth at Electivire who simply absorbs the attacks.

ECLIPSE

Is he insane.

SiRIUS

Hm...

Florinia begins poking Justin in the back.

JusTIN

You focus on helping Blaze. I got this.

FloRINIA

Very well. Venasaur catch the Serviper by the tail so the Combusken can attack.

JuLIA

Magnezone I need you. Keep Chandelure at bay a little longer.

Magnezone comes back out, clearly tired and begins leading the ghostly lamp away from the group while Blaze continues his fight now alongside Venusaur.

JusTIN

Lux keep the bolts going.

Even with high powered strikes the bolts have no effect on the unflinching electric giant. The powered up Pokémon takes a runner's stance as if it intends to charge Justin and Florinia.

JusTIN

(confused)

What the hell?

ECLIPSE

You seem to be unclear but Electivire has the rare ability to to turn electric attacks into energy and boost its physical speed. And with every volt you just pumped in, this next hit is gonna hurt. Now then Electivire. Wild Charge!

Blue sparks emanate from Electivire as it leaves its stance to a full blown charge.

SiRIUS

ECLIPSE YOU FOOL!

The ground below Luxcalibur breaks below Luxcalibur's feet as it jumps in the path between Electivire and his right front paw glows lightly.

JusTIN

Give em the goods!

Just as Electivire would reach Justin and Florinia it is clothes-lined Luxcalibur's paw as its using "Superpower" and flips over its would be targets and begins crashing through the doors of the factors and crashing through the tracks outside.

JusTIN

So as I was saying Clyclops... Woof woof.

SirIUS

Incompetent. Two of these clowns are all you had to handle.

JusTIN

To be fair, I was one of the clowns.

SiRIUS

Do not forget this day boy, do not believe you will ever be safe. We do not forget and we are everywhere.

JusTIN

Not gonna announce your names or evil plan?

SiRIUS

I'll be sure to carve it all into your tombstone. Come now.... we're leaving.

In a puff of smoke Sirius, Astor and Eclipse are all gone.

JusTIN

A simple no would suffice.

FloRINIA

Thank you for your efforts Justin.

FeRN

What about me?

JusTIN

What about you?

Julia goes over to the center console.

FloRINIA

Justin please begin our departure, we've little time.

JustIN

Seriously how is she a city official.

Florinia recalls her Pokémon as her and Justin walk out of the room with Blaze and Luxcalibur running after them.

FloRINIA

She's quite adept with handling a variety of situations and her demeanor is quite comforting to her people.... so I hear.

Justin and company are gone leaving just Julia and Fern.

FeRN

So what are you doing again, crazy?

JULIA

Adding some flare duh.

FERN

Adding-

Julia runs revealing a pile of C4 at the computer station.

FeRN

OH SHIT.

We cut to a few moments later and see everyone has safely escaped the building and is walking toward's Seacrest's garden. Fern has slightly burned clothes.

FERN

I hate you all.

Justin, Julia and Blaze snicker.

FeRN

That's it I'm out!

Fern bolts off in a huff.

JusTIN

(sarcastically)

Oh no...

FlORINIA

Where are you taking me?

JusTIN

My.... can't say house since I don't pay rent. My butler's estate?

The group arrives at the hole in the wall to Seacrest's garden and Seacrest who is sitting in a lawn chair surrounded by bug Pokémon notices them. There are three plates of food sitting on a small table.

JusTIN

Hey pops... I brought friends over for dinner. That cool?

SeACREST

I suppose someone has to eat it. Its getting cold.

Justin and company walk around the normal way and are out of sight. Rebecca walks over to Seacrest.

REBECCA

Gonna go to sleep now?

SeACREST

Yeah...

Seacrest starts walking inside. We hear him mumble something before he disappears.

SeACREST

I told you he'd be okay.

Rebecca smiles and we cut to black.

End of Episode 5.

Everyone needs a song and Florinia is no exception. Her song is one of my personal favorites and something I used in an audition that landed me a role.

P.S everytime why not turns into the dam pokemon in my script I get a little angrier. This joke has gone on too long.