Suicide

Cool Girl

Well, those guys sound like they ought to be taught a lesson. Though, that reminds me of the time someone in my class brought a BB gun to school and shot someone with it..... Well, hopefully no one peeked at you, and in all honesty someone should probably call the cops on them tbh, y'know for illegal possession of liquor and drugs?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, well if the entire junior class got suspended, that is a poor decision of the teachers/principal/whatever. I honestly would raise a stink about it and say "Hey, I did absolutely nothing to warrant this. It is not fair to me and everyone else who is innocent, that we are punished for the actions of a select few."

With what I know about the education system (because my mom is a teacher and father head of guidance,) I know parents have a lot of power and you could probably get your parents or perhaps others to fight about it. I don't know how records in schools work, I'm not sure that even if you're innocent they can remove the record of a suspension, but I'm sure when you go to college it can be explained to the admissions office. If there are any notes on your suspension, they'll see it.

Now, I'm going to be honest here and say a suspension does carry weight. I remember when I was looking at colleges they told me I would lose my financial aid if I was suspended before I graduated, as it is protocol to tell everyone. I was also looking at private universities, and they work differently from public universities and community colleges. I was also informed I would not be allowed in the nursing program at my current university if I was suspended from high school.

However, focus on the now. Focus on seeing what you can do about it. Email people, call phones! If a teacher suspended your class, go to the principal, or go to the board of education! You have a voice, and you're most likely not the only one who feels this is unfair, so talk to others. In a group, a lot can be done, even in much more strict universities.

Not every college is going to deny you admission based on one suspension. If you have a good record disregarding that, explain the situation, maintain good grades and participate in extracurricular activities, there is a likely chance you will gain admission.

Also, I recommend talking to a school counselor, maybe they can help. Or a counselor outside of school. Talk to your parents, talk to a different teacher. You don't want to end up in the hospital as a result of attempted suicide, or thoughts of harm. Trust me, it is a terrible experience. You will make it through this, and I can't make any promises but I'm sure you can get into some college. Again, focus on the current situation.

^ I think a group punishment could have worked. Bear with me before you pummel me into oblivion (cause you will, I can't fight).

In theory, punishing the group for something individuals did in that group can have a positive effect. It can sometimes help to set proper rules, raise awareness of certain topics and scrutonize the wrongdoers better. It is not to make everyone feel bad. I would say in such a case that you shouldn't take it too personally.

But, firstly, that punishment has to make sense. Suspension is rarely a good punishment, imo, especially for the case described.
Secondly, losing financial aid for being suspended even once, no matter the context, is wrong. How is that stuff legal there? (Suspension isn't supposed to be equal to being convicted, and even then you're still punishing a teenager harshly for doing something stupid. Not always a good plan...)

With that given, I understand why Cool Girl felt so bad about it. I'm glad for her things turned out okay.

But I'm kinda steering off topic here, not?

Thanks! Oh, I forgot to tell you guys, there's other great news. They said they heard about what happened and had fired the school administrator for suspending the whole class. They will also take our suspension off our record! They said there was no reason for the rest of us to be suspended, so yeah, I'm really happy. All's well that ends well! :) Bad news: you won't believe why these guys got suspended (bear with me, but it's true and I'm pissed and ready to punch them in the face if that ever happened to me.) Ok, here's goes:

1) They were caught smoking weed.

2) They were caught drinking alcohol

3) This one is the worst, prepare yourself: they were caught peeking at girls in the changing room (you know, the room where they change their clothes for PE or athletic classes) I swear to god, if they ever did that to me, I'd kick their a** (I do national level martial arts, so yeah)

Yeah, what a crazy thing, but like I said, all's well that ends well! So, thank you guys for giving me advice and talking to me! :)

AH MY POST WAS LATE

but that's good! I remember I had a few teachers threaten to suspend an entire class because of a select few, but I remember being told by others they can't do that

I'm glad it all worked out and your feeling better! Remember, none of this was your fault! You were innocent.