[OU] Notice me, Senpai

FraRPetO

Welcome to my latest OU team!

645.png652.png395.png212.png036.png181.png

Recently, I've been doing alot of battling in the OU ladder and reached further than I expected. I discovered that Chesnaught and Empoleon is actually a pretty good combo.

So here's how it goes.

645-therian.gif @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Intimidate

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

Jolly Nature

- Earthquake

- Stone Edge

- U-turn

- Knock Off

I have no certain lead, so I put Landorus-Therian first so it can either scout with U-turn or make the opponent think it's one of these bulky Rocky Helmet users.

I like this Pokémon on this team because it can switch in to many threats and threaten them with Choice Scarf.

Earthquake and Stone Edge covers many dangerous Pokémon such as Charizard Y, Talonflame and common Steel types.

Knock Off is always useful as it removes the opponent's item. Good against Gengar, mostly.

652.gif @ Leftovers

Ability: Bulletproof

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def

Impish Nature

- Spikes

- Drain Punch

- Leech Seed

- Spiky Shield

Chesnaught is a very good Pokémon in this tier even though it's an UU tier Pokémon, as it covers very common Ground type Pokémon that my team would not appreciate if not for Chesnaught.

I decided to go max defense with lots of recovery options and having the ability to set up hazards because they deal heavy damage over time during battles.

Drain Punch is very good against Bisharp and Weavile, especially since Weavile can't OHKO it.

Leech Seed and Spiky Shield combo gives me the ability to force the opponent to switch Pokémon around, which is useful with Hazards I usually attempt to set up.

395.gif @ Leftovers

Ability: Torrent

EVs: 236 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD / 16 Spe

Calm Nature

IVs: 0 Atk

- Stealth Rock

- Scald

- Roar

- Defog

Empoleon can deal with annoying Fairy types. 'Nuff said.

Stealth Rock is useful because Fire types are dangerous and removes the occasional Focus Sash,

When a Clefable is about to set up with Calm Mind, Empoleon ROARS. It helps when Stealth Rocks are up, too.

Defog is there because I wouldn't want too many hazards on my side.

212.gif @ Lum Berry

Ability: Technician

EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 180 Spe

Adamant Nature

- Swords Dance

- Bug Bite

- Superpower

- Bullet Punch

I figured that I needed some offense on the team, so Scizor came to mind because it can set up and threaten alot of Pokémon.

Bug Bite is stronger than U-turn, so that was the best option. The opposing team usually thinks it's Choice Banded because it doesn't recover HP with Leftovers or doesn't Mega Evolve, which is good.

I chose Lum Berry because Rotom-Wash is usually trying to burn things. The Speed EVs also makes it outspeed Rotom-Wash if it has 8 Speed EVs max.

Superpower will hurt the Steel types that would otherwise tank hits which us not what I want after I set up with Swords Dance.

Bullet Punch will finish off many Pokémon if Spikes and Stealth Rock are up, which is usually my target. It being a priority move is also very handy.

036.gif @ Life Orb

Ability: Magic Guard

EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD

Modest Nature

- Moonblast

- Fire Blast

- Soft-Boiled

- Ice Beam

Clefable is OP. Magic Guard is a very good Ability because it would not suffer from all these annoying Mega Sableye that has the potential to make it hard for the team to stand.

Many expect a bulky Clefable, but this one will punch you in the sack. Max SAtk Modest Life Orb is the way to go.

Moonblast will destroy Dragon types and many Dark types. It's also pretty strong with Life Orb, even when it's neutral damage.

Fire Blast is chosen because it needs to OHKO the Steel types that would try to switch in.

Ice Beam is used because I prefer to be able to OHKO Landorus and Garchomp leads. Also hits strong Pokémon like Serperior and bulky ones like Hippowdon.

Soft-Boiled because Clefable wants to be alive most of the time.

181.gif @ Ampharosite

Ability: Static

Shiny: Yes

EVs: 248 HP / 28 SpA / 232 SpD

Calm Nature

- Volt Switch

- Dragon Pulse

- Sleep Talk

- Rest

Mega Ampharos is fabulous so why not use it?

Sleep Talk and Rest is a pretty good combo because I like to make the opponent guess. When it sleeps, they take risks such as bringing in Garchomp and Dragon Pulse is nice when you've drifted off.

Volt Switch makes it also pretty good with Sleep Talk because it's always nice to deal damage while switching out.

I chose this Mega because I thought I would prefer a bulky Electric type instead of an offensive one.

I hope you like this RMT. Feel free to comment and upvote.

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Chesnaught (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Drain Punch
- Leech Seed
- Spiky Shield

Empoleon (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 236 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Roar
- Defog

Scizor (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Technician
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bug Bite
- Superpower
- Bullet Punch

Clefable (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Fire Blast
- Soft-Boiled
- Ice Beam

Ampharos (F) @ Ampharosite
Ability: Static
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 28 SpA / 232 SpD
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Dragon Pulse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

I'll do some test runs before I post a complete review. In general the team looks solid, but I'll set some picks:

a. I think Defog hurts you more than it does the opponent. None of your pokemon is weak to rocks, and you lose all layers of spikes and SR you'll have set on your opponent's field. So it will either not get used a lot, or remove residual damage that otherwise could win you the game.

b. Garchomp is still going to cause you trouble, because it won't stay in to take Clefable head on. It can be proven bothersome for Ampharos, Empoleon, and Scizor, and if it manages to get an SD up on a correct prediction on Lando-T or Chestnaut, it might just end the game (you'll need to play the predicting game with Scizor and Lando-T to bring it down, and that's given it doesn't switch).

c. Other big threats I can see are Magnezone, M-Zard-X, Manaphy and Rotom-W (although you can outlive this one)

More later :)

• 3 weeks later...

It looks like a pretty good team, although Mega Ampharos isn't usually in OU, but in reality if you know how to use a Pokemon Tears are Bullcrap, except ubers, ubers is legit, and I never play in it, I usually play in Anything Goes, or UU

Edited by Solarus