Greetings Reborn people who haven't yet ousted me for a lack of forum presence! (oops)

I bring to you news of that thing you voted for sometime last month!

Details are as follows:

Generous gesture from a friend of the community has us on an available game server which we've setup to use the latest (at the time of this writing) Forge server and Pixelmon versions which has been paid for the year. It is just a basic Forge server with Pixelmon and 1 plugin (a neat haunted towers one) enabled at the moment with potentially more customizations to come in the future if it's desired.

Getting started:
Those of you who have never played Pixelmon before, you have 2 solid options for getting set up.

The easier method is navigating over to the downloads section on the main Pixelmon site and check out the standalone Pixelmon launcher [there's a good post with closer details on installation over on the wiki site!].

Those of you who don't want to use the Pixelmon launcher have to take a few more steps but I'll include this one because I don't really like the launcher yet myself:
Download one of the Pixelmon cores from the downloads (don't run it though, just leave it as-is!) and be sure to get a copy of the Minecraft Forge installer for 1.8.9 over on their site [as a note, the Pixelmon launcher uses Forge version 11.14.3.1542]. Run the Forge installer and choose the "client" option and then toss the Pixelmon core you downloaded earlier into the "mods" folder in your Minecraft install directory.

Once you've done so you're all set to go!

Start up Minecraft, go to multiplayer and connect to the new server @ 104.238.156.217:10270

I'll put this page up alongside the other Minecraft server as this server is not replacing the current one but is going up alongside it. :D

We hope you enjoy it!

If you have any questions or comments (or are mad at me for lack of forum presence oops) or want me to elaborate on any confusion you might have in getting set up feel free to let me know! I'll be on the server tonight as always so you can let me know there or in this thread. Going to add this information onto the minecraft page on the main site as well in a bit, bear with me until then.

... I get that it's Survival and all, but we still need a way to get food and heal our Pokes.

EDIT: We can't obtain or Heal our pokes, it's broken.

Well that obviously shouldn't be like that so I'll look into it but I can't reproduce it. Works for me :x

It's probably just spawn protection, so I'll move the spawn and that should fix it.

edit: fixed.

I figured out my issue. Basically my computer had a vendetta against the Pixelmon Launcher. I can't wait to be trash at MC. :)

So yeah, if someone else has a strange issue with Pixelmon that it crashes whenever you try to go fullscreen... just download it manually.

Edited by IdleThoughts

Aside from some lag (that is more or less due to my computer being... my computer), only one issue so far.

Lost the first three slots of my party (Flygon, Zorua, Venusaur) randomly on login. Will edit to remove if this resolves itself on relog, but I'm pretty certain that's not how it works.

Pretty sure that's exactly how it works.

No clue what caused it, since they were there when I was on... maybe an hour prior? Other than that, it's a good server thus far.

Edited by Cobalt996

Edit: Tfw phone messes up and wrong quote.

Aside from some lag (that is more or less due to my computer being... my computer), only one issue so far.

Lost the first three slots of my party (Flygon, Zorua, Venusaur) randomly on login. Will edit to remove if this resolves itself on relog, but I'm pretty certain that's not how it works.

Pretty sure that's exactly how it works.

No clue what caused it, since they were there when I was on... maybe an hour prior? Other than that, it's a good server thus far.

Cobalt,

This is an issue that has arisen quite a few times among various players including myself. From what I've seen, closing Minecraft as well as (if you are using it) the Pixelmon launcher and restarting it seems to work effectively. Otherwise, spamming relog has worked. Somebody else said something about swapping the missing Pokemon with PC boxed mons, closing the PC, and opening it again gets them to appear as well. Hopefully this issue doesn't bother us much but it doesn't seem to happen TOO often.

Otherwise, I hope you're enjoying the server! If you care to, later today (unsure specifically. Whenever people are on) we'll be working on building a town at the spawn area. Your help would be appreciated!

Edited by Flynn

I was in the middle of rebuilding the town when I was disconnected...

Now every time I try joining, I get:

Internal Exception io.netty.hander.timeout.readtimeoutexception

I've heard that restarting the server MIGHT fix it... so I guess I'm to wait until 11PM to see if maybe that might happen? :c

EDIT: Two hours later, it's still doing the same thing... help? :c

Edited by IdleThoughts

I was in the middle of rebuilding the town when I was disconnected...

Now every time I try joining, I get:

Internal Exception io.netty.hander.timeout.readtimeoutexception

I've heard that restarting the server MIGHT fix it... so I guess I'm to wait until 11PM to see if maybe that might happen? :c

EDIT: Two hours later, it's still doing the same thing... help? :c

Isolated the issue: Don't cut down apricorn trees.

Miiiiight have accidentally caused that again figuring it out, though. pls no riot ;-;

Edited by Cobalt996

That confirms my theory that it effects everyone on the server, not just me.

So basically no one can join the server until either a Mod restarts it or until 11PM rolls around...?

Although, once I cut down an Apricorn Tree without anything going wrong. Maybe it's just that there's a CHANCE that it will break the entire Server when you cut down Apricorn Trees? And since you have so very many of them... x)

Well, tested it on a private server a little more than I should have, and it seems (seems, since my output window likes not updating) that the problem stems from the trees not dropping Oak Wood (100% drop) when cut, which probably sends out an error string or twenty. Workaround is not cutting them down, instead opting to dig under them, as that produced the 100% drop 100% of the time.

So... no worries on corrupting, if that's the case; just a server crash from too many (unresolved) errors. At least they go away after the crash, rather than lingering, afaik.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, started recently to play there too after vanilla had everything built.

Since lags and bad pings tend to appear more often, could you add a script to restart the server scheduled?

like 4 times a day or something similar. Might help (at least a try worth)

thanks ^_^

On the bright side, I just notified Dan and messaged the host in-charge for some fixing.

Hopefully things will go well.

P.S. The server just restarted

EDIT: The server is super-smooth with the restart now, it was literately unplayable for me before and after the restart everything works like a charm

Edited by Reeveelution