Team suggestions?

huangover

I'm about to fight Serra, and I have a few mons in rotation. However, because I have no patience at all (I don't want to grind up 5-6 Pokemon on the side as I progress), as the game continues and I start getting new team members, I'd like to know which ones I have now or am planning to get in the future would be viable for the long term.

Blaziken* w/ Speed Boost

Lonely nature

-Bulk Up

-Blaze Kick

-Double Kick

-Quick Attack

Ampharos* w/ Static

Hardy nature

-Confuse Ray

-Discharge

-Power Gem

-Signal Beam

Granbull* w/ Intimidate

Naughty nature

-Crunch

-Strength

-Play Rough

-Outrage

Magneton w/ Sturdy

Modest nature

156 HP, 252 SpA, 100 Spe

-Thunder Wave

-Discharge

-Charge Beam

-Flash Cannon

Gardevoir w/ Trace

Modest nature

24 HP, 232 SpA, 252 Spe

-Calm Mind

-Psychic

-Draining Kiss

-Magical Leaf (I don't have anything better atm)

Crobat w/ Inner Focus

Adamant Nature

4HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spe

-Acrobatics

-Confuse Ray

-Cross Poison

-Poison Fang

Azumarill w/ Huge Power, basically my best team member at this point

Adamant nature

172 HP, 252 Atk, 84 Spe

-Aqua Tail

-Aqua Jet

-Play Rough

-Superpower

* means I'll EV train later once I have access to EV-reducing berries

Possible future team members: Archeops, Mamoswine, Scrafty, Heracross/Yanmega, Honchkrow, Mawile

Thanks in advance for any suggestions/criticisms you might have!

Edited by huangover

3 of your pokemon have ground weakness. That would be a problem in future.

Roserade would be very useful in your team as well as Mamoswine and Scrafty. Honchkrow is a very good pokemon but it doesnt have good speed so I would keep Crobat. Heracross has great stats and very good movepool. If you get an Heracross with rock blast, it will be useful against it's huge flying weakness.

Blaziken is best starter and probably one of strongest pokemon in game if you know how to use it. when I use Blaziken against physical sweepers I boost it's attack and defense by using bulk up. It really works pretty well. After using bulk up a few times it becomes unstopable :)

hmm well you team is kinda ok at the moment. well you could put in a grass/poison type which can help having 2 electric types in you main team is kinda meh. i would bench Ampharos since you have magneton. Teach HJK to blaziken and flare blitz. you dont need quick attack on blaziken. A good addition into you team would be a Roserade. Roserade would be a good addition into you team since it can help deal with ground types/grass types/fairy types. Also there is no harm in training a few support pokemon which can help you in future.

I would train up a trick room user since that can greatly help you when you vs the demon girl Charlotte the fire gym leader. since most of her pokemon are kinda fast but i think archeops can out speed most of them but the problem with archeops is his ability charlotte also hits like a truck so defeatist ability would hinder you. so i recomend getting a rock type which can learn rock slide and is relatively slow so that it can be paired with a trick room set up pokemon to beat demon girl Charlotte. If you are lazy to train one just catch a Crustle when you doing the route 2 puzzle. Crustle is slow and has sturdy and learn rock slide. plus they are lvl 55-59 when you catch them no need to grind so much.Trick room set pokemon which is good is Coffagrigus/Reuniclus/Brongzong/gothitelle. Bronzong can be captured at route 3 they are fairly common and are around lvl 55-59. so you could just grab a Bronzong+Crustle you are kinda set for demon girl Charlotte.

well grinding does not take time at all well since you can re-battle the grand hall trainer again and again.There is also the agate clown which also give decent exp. since you can grab exp share earlier now it is even easier to grind(you can grab exp share at spinel town if you return all furniture of the kadabra girl's house). Grinding will get even easier once you grab a luckie egg. So it is always good to have back/sub team but yeah all up to you.

As for the potential team Mamoswine and Archeops whould be very useful when vsing the flying gym. Scrafty with moxie can actually sweep the dark gym and can help with blake(some boss battle with ice pokemons after 10th gym). i personally wont go for Honchkrow since you kinda have enuf flying types. Mamoswine would also be useful in the ground gym.

TLDR

1)Get roserade

2)Use heart scale to teach HJK to blaziken and teach it Flare Blitz also

3)Get Crustle and Bronzong before battling Charlotte

4)Grinding is kinda easy with Grand hall trainers and agate clown and exp share.

5)Mamoswine,Archeops and Scrafty are good choices

6)You dont need Honchkrow since you have Acherops and Crobat

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! Does anybody have a good set for Roserade, though? Looking at its movepool it seems rather limited. I was thinking Leech Seed, Giga Drain/Petal Dance, Sludge Bomb (or other Poison-type move), and/or Extrasensory (I've never used Roserade before if you couldn't already tell)

And yeah, Speed Boost Blaziken wrecks almost everything in this game after a Bulk Up or two. And I'll definitely teach it Flare Blitz and High Jump Kick. For the fourth move slot, would Brave Bird be a good choice?

Anyways thanks guys!

I'd suggest:

- HP Fire, it deals with some annoying enemies

- Sludge Bomb, Good power, STAB, can poison the foe

- Giga Drain, STAB and good power, it even restores health wich is a great help

- Sleep Powder/Shadow Ball, SP can be quite useful sometimes, especially if you're against bulky opponents that requires more than 1-2 hit to fall, Shadow Ball is for coverage and it has a good power (it'll be also useful against Radomus)

well i run Toxic spike,venoshock,shadow ball and Magical leaf on my Roserade. You could run a full on technician abusing Roserade with weather ball,Magical leaf/Grass knot,Hidden Power(any Hp will do),Toxic spikes/leech seed/sleep powder.