Pokemon Renaissance League

Ame_Rosa

For what i read, it seems only one person read the changes I made for the league...

*Goes to a corner* I feel ignored...

Anyway... here are the changes, for those who didn't read them:

Leader Rules were taken from advice given by Entreflores:
All leaders are allowed OU-Level Megas
B.6 gains access to Ubers Megas
B.5 and up get OU-Legal Legendaries, with the Champ having access to Ubers Level Ones
Banlist for leaders:Still being worked on currently
Banlist for Challengers: Also being worked on, we will most likely make a poll to help with that, or survey random people
Challenger Rules:Being Decided
Schedule/Times:Working on that, as Statistics will be employed for that
Permissions:Aka the last thing we do, and the most important one
Staff:A few people currently, Anyone who wants to help, can shoot us a PM, telling you want you can provide, like Making Trainer Cards,Helping with the Rules, etc.
Now as an update to everyone reading this that would like to be a leader the Available Leaders are Ice, Grass,Rock,Normal,Ground,Fighting,Flying, and Poison, and depending on type, You must be ok with RPing as a female (For any male applicants), which we will notify you on the Showdown Server. We also have Brackets and Ace, and Leader Names set up already, Brackets will most likely be updated depending on performance during practice.
Edited by Ame_Rosa

actually rosa most people probably read the previous post. but i will still recommend planning the league instead of posting each rule update as it goes on making a league out of no where it will be mess like many said redemption took months to plan you should do the same as most people ignored it as it only gave a vague description of the rules structure like i said before get a few managers get a team and make it up but its still your league your choice but this will most likely be a better plan as a strategy for a long term stay

Edit:yeah now i read my words after posting a bit confusing i agree let me rephrase quickly firstly it would be ideal if you decide up on all the rules get a proper structure up first then make an updated fully prepared thread so a layout can be made much easily then start recruiting leaders and after everything is done continue it will how we say it a much more clean setup.

Edited by NovaKnight

We also need to make the post look more official. It's too bland, and if we make it look more official, it'll look neater. Bold, Italics, maybe even color, size difference, font changes, that sort of thing,

For what i read, it seems only one person read the changes I made for the league...

*Goes to a corner* I feel ignored...

False. I actually have read those new rules you have made - and I commend you for coming up with them.

However, it still doesn't change my stance that you really should spend a lot more time in preparing. It's good that you're trying to recruit more people (because like I said, you really need more staff members to organize this sort of thing), but that's about it. Judging from your post above, you literally have nothing new to show to us - apart from those rules advised by Ody, and to be frank, those rules are quite minor themselves too.

For example, have you got new sprites that you want to show us? Have you designed new badges and came up with names for them?

I know you are eager to showcase this League, but if you have nothing new and creative to show to the public - the post you have made is not really that effective.

We also need to make the post look more official. It's too bland, and if we make it look more official, it'll look neater. Bold, Italics, maybe even color, size difference, font changes, that sort of thing,

Like I mentioned above, I think making an official post after at least finalizing some ground level stuff will be better.

To clear something up, my involvement with it all was just throwing some ideas in a few-lines-long chat in showdown, after the topic had been locked. That was just my 2 cents of how a league could operate in this Generation to avoid two things that make me iffy about the Reborn-Redemption format. The submitted movesets remove the whole scouting part of a battle for one contestant, and the teambuilding restrictions (aces, no megas, no legends) severely limit the leaders' teambuilding. That was literally just two cents though which I figured that would be just some input to consider at best, not detailed rules by any stretch of the imagination.

So I don't know how on earth my name ever got up there.

I've wasted a lot of time foruming today, I have two uni exams tommorow, I will propably be back here tommorow to make some points.

You all are complaining way to much seriously not that big a deal at all so chill and let the topic resume cause really you are all of topic. This isnt about Redemption now is it.

I have to second this. I just went through a post explaining the whole why this doesn't need to be locked so let's just take Redemption out of this place and back into it's own page. Seriously, it's getting annoying and I have work to get back to.

----------------------------------------------------------------

To the Redemption League,

I think you need a wake-up call to kind of realize how you aren't as big and powerful as you think you are. Yeah, it's cool and all that you helped revive a dead league and all, but that doesn't make you anything special. You're simply a league that was created for entertainment and should, I don't know...focus on keeping it fun instead of poking your business into what other people are doing. If anything, all these remarks from Redemption League members are hurting you. If you see a new league pop up, I'd rather see how a league is able to get past their pride and willing to help a bit and if they really don't like the person...just ignore the thing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

To Ame_Rosa,

I don't think people are "ignoring" you're changes because you're making it different. The battle rulesets are more or less set by Smogon and Redemption used many of those rules. It's mostly based on competitive battling to keep it balanced. The tier system works out well as a format as 18/3 is 6 and 6 is a nice number. This is just my opinion, but most of that stuff really isn't important and probably shouldn't be considered for a while down after you get a general idea what to do.

This might sound a bit weird, but building a world is probably the first thing you should do. Obviously, this is a journey for people to show off their skills and be the best of the best, but half the fun is getting there. Even if a leader is kind of on the easy side, someone with an enjoyable personality would attract more attention than a super skilled battler as skilled players are expendable. As for the whole needing sprites and badges, they're really nice things to look at, but creative minds who can't draw can find ways to make it interesting without either. If you're serious about this league, take some time to expand on it and come back to show us a much bigger picture.

Well there it is from Commander. Spoken like brave trooper. Whoever resides within this Renaissance League team, I'm gonna make this one last statement from the Redemption team. If you absolutely want to follow through with this idea, put some thought into it. Everything Commander said is pretty much applicable to what I would probably tell you.

I tell you what though, make it unique and memorable. Each Leader we've brought on board has been a real pleasure to work with. Make it something all your own if you truely wanna take off.

Only time will tell.

I've talked to the other staff, they will stop hounding you about this. We will leave you to your own devices. Peace and godspeed.

-Darv K.

• Administrators

Okay, this thread has gone in all kinds of unnecessary directions so we are actually going to go ahead and put this on lock. That's not to say anything of the league itself; I've spoken with the OP and we're just retiring this particular topic. Expect a cleaner announcement when the project is closer to fruition.