My reborn team. Any comment?

Hyuu

I haven't played Pokemon Reborn for 4-5 months, so I decided to play again. I just beat Luna and I'm about going to Agate City.

My team:

Volcarona

Ability: Flame Body

Item: Life orb

EV: 252 Spd, 252 Satk, 4 HP

Nature: Timid

Moveset: Fiery Dance, Bug Buzz, Heat Wave, Quiver Dance.

Scrafty

Ability: Moxie

Item: Black Belt

EV: 252 Spd, 252 Atk, 4 HP

Nature: Jolly

Moveset: Strength, Crunch, High Jump Kick, Ice Punch

Crobat

Ability: Infiltrator

Item: None

EV: 252 Atk, 156 Spd, 100 HP

Nature: Jolly

Moveset: Cross Poison, Poison Fang, Mean Look, Acrobatics

Gardevoir

Ability: Trace

Item: Pixie Plate

EV: 252 Satk, 252 Spd, 4 HP

Nature: Timid

Moveset: Calm Mind, Moonblast, Psychic, Hidden Power ( rock )

Swampert

Ability: Torrent

Item: Earth Plate

EV: 252 HP, 160 Def, 96 Sdef

Nature: Impish

Moveset: Earthquake, Muddy Water, Rock Slide, Protect

Roserade

Ability: Technician

Item: Black Sludge

EV: 252 Satk, 252 Spd, 4 HP

Nature: Modest

Moveset: Giga Drain, Toxic Spikes, Venoshock, Hidden Power ( electric )

What do you think about my Reborn team?

I would probably just trade Crobat for Noivern to balance out your types and give more move options, team is pretty solid besides that though. As mentioned earlier Ciel has a field day with your team, however the field also boosts stuff like Quiver Dance and Boomburst which should help you out a tad, on the mention of fields though your team does not have a lot of field or weather manipulation to combat other leaders/bosses which may cause you some trouble :c. I tend to stick to one team but a rotation never hurts, I would recommend Magnezone/Mamoswine/Octillery/Metagross as they are all pretty well balanced and strong while offering different types to deal with different leaders. Uhhh...maybe a Draglage as well just because it can tank hits and deal large amounts of damage. Anyways best of luck, your EV spreads seem to imply you have some idea of what you want each mon to do which is fantastic in a game that goes all out on you!

I didnt want to use Noivern because I already have 3 special sweepers. My swampert isn't bad but earthquake is it's only reliable STAB move since it has a low special attack due to nature and EV training. Scrafty is really good even though it's speed is not impressive. So I thought Crobat would be a better choice for my team which is one of fastest pokemon with decent attack stat. Indeed, my Ralts ( Shiny :3 ) had better IV stats for Gallade, but I didnt want to have another fighting pokemon in my team + I really like design of Gardevoir. I was really luck when I got Larvesta from mystery egg. I thought it was Pawniard when I got my egg because egg colors were kinda similar. But it was really a pain to evolve it to Volcarona. I really had hard time fighting against Serra's son ( forgot his name ) :P

p.s. I have a shiny Larvesta with decent IV stats if anyone wants to trade it :P

Edit: To be honest, I dont have any rotation pokemon. I was thinking about getting Beldum. But its too much work to do D:

Edited by Hyuu

seeing the gyms coming up from this point forth crobat is fine no need to add noivern but you might wanna replace mean look with something more usefull like superfang or confue ray just for the hax as for ciel as most are complaining here my recommendation get a good steel type cause i dunno 3 of her pokemon are weak to the type and none resist it so metagross or an automatize agron with head smash double edge iron head and automatize adamant nature 252 attk 100 hp and 156 speed and give him stone plate iron plate metal coat or iron plate to hold im leaning towards the rock items as no recoil head smash just think of it now what im worried of is Charlotte swamert is very situational against and the team is not that good against hers at all as gym may give boost volcarona but will cripple roserade swampert water attacks so you might wanna use good rock and ground types agron is still usable here but be vary of his fire weekness and but still a headsmash will take almost any of her pokemon down but you might wanna work on that still and remember to bring a stealth rock setup pokemon she will crippled as hell as for samson Like i said tail wind crobat + Gardivoir=Ko Volcarona +Quiver dance by 3=sweep as for terra now kill the first pokemon the instant it comes out and air baloon any none flying member of the team and setup on her with volcarona and quagsire wont survive that roserade only fear her garchomp grab and lvl up an good ice type from ameterine mountain for it.

well i would have some ice types to be rotated in and out and a trick room user to deal with the super hard Charlotte and a slow rock type pokemon to work under trick room. it is not too much work since grinding is kinda made easy in episode 15 with the addition of trainer which you can spam battle again and again. having at least 4-5 pokemons in rotation is manageable. an ice type would also help when facing M3G4 T3RR4 since R4WRchomp dies to an just 1 ice type atk.

A good ice type would be Mamoswine since R4WRchomp's stone edge wont do much on mamoswine and mamoswine has a 130 base atk which is huge and he can basically deal a ton of damage.breed a mamoswine so that he can have icicle crash(breed with beartic). blizzard is accuracy is also boosted in glitch field so you can always use a special atk ice type to some what sweep M3G4 T3RR4. Vanilluxe and glaceon are the only special ice types you can get(excluding the egg which could 50% be seel) which are decent. i would go for vanilluxe if you want a special atk ice type as breeding a eevee is just -_- cause it is just hard to get a female eevee due to the %. since you have life orb i m sure you know where to evolve eevee to galceon since it is around the same area as where you get life orb but seriously dont bother trying to breed eevee unless you want other eeveelutions. breeding is best done in E14 since there is a bug where you can stack the effects of destiny knot and power items making it super easy to get a bunch of perfect 6 IV pokemons.

Trick room set up pokemon would be also be needed.Cofagrigus/Reuniclus/Gothitelle are good trick room set up pokemon. i personally prefer Cofagrigus due to the fact that it can be very tanky and it is one of the slowest pokemon which is good in trick room. the other 2 mons are ok and they basically can also take hits well but i prefer Coffagrigus. it is up to you to choose what trick room set pokemon you want.

Slow rock type. Why do you need a slow rock type?The answer to that is to deal with the demon Charlotte. Charlotte's pokemon are generally fast a deal a lot of damage. that is why we need a slow rock type to be paired with a trick room set up pokemon. so that the rock type will out speed all of the demon's Charlotte's pokemon. Gigalith is an awesome choice since it learns rock slide and can basically sweep with rock slide. Other good choices would be Aggron and crustle both also learn rock slide.

well you cant trade yet right now since you need 10 badges to trade according to the trading thread.

You better get beldum before E16 comes out becaus eit is gonna be Axed when E16 come out i think.

I beat Samson and Charlotte easily on my first try without any rotation on my team. I was lucky that Charlotte focused on my Swampert instead of Crobat, so I could outspeed and did a lot of damage on her pokemons before she finally decided to attack to Crobat.

Edited by Hyuu

A good Volcarona literally destroys this section of the game, gym-wise, especially Samson and Ciel. That aside, your team is in good position to handle everything else Reborn will throw at you.

Breed a mamoswine so that he can have icicle crash(breed with beartic). Blizzard is accuracy is also boosted in glitch field so you can always use a special atk ice type to some what sweep M3G4 T3RR4.

Icicle Crash is special on Glitch terrain, too.

Wait... that reminds me...

Glitch Terrain Mewtwo. As far as I know, you've got basically nothing that can deal good damage (Volc's Bug move is physical, Crunch is Normal, no constant damage effects). Then again, never used half of those in Reborn, or been on-level at that point, so give it a whirl; you'll prolly be fine.

Edited by Cobalt996

to be honest if he manages to setup on gardevoir and heals it along the way then mewtwo wont survive much moonblasts though mewtwo great sp attk gardevoir has great sp def to match and resists its main stab

Edited by NovaKnight

Thats how I managed to beat Mewtwo :) Terra wasn't a big problem, my Scrafty and Gardevoir easily handled her Garchomp.

Also I beat Ciel just by using Volcarona ( Quiver dance spam + Fiery Dance ).

From now, I will focus on remaining event pokemon like Beldum and some others. Thanks everyone for advices :)

I didnt want to use Noivern because I already have 3 special sweepers. My swampert isn't bad but earthquake is it's only reliable STAB move since it has a low special attack due to nature and EV training. Scrafty is really good even though it's speed is not impressive. So I thought Crobat would be a better choice for my team which is one of fastest pokemon with decent attack stat. Indeed, my Ralts ( Shiny :3 ) had better IV stats for Gallade, but I didnt want to have another fighting pokemon in my team + I really like design of Gardevoir. I was really luck when I got Larvesta from mystery egg. I thought it was Pawniard when I got my egg because egg colors were kinda similar. But it was really a pain to evolve it to Volcarona. I really had hard time fighting against Serra's son ( forgot his name ) :P

p.s. I have a shiny Larvesta with decent IV stats if anyone wants to trade it :P

Edit: To be honest, I dont have any rotation pokemon. I was thinking about getting Beldum. But its too much work to do D:

I wouldn't mind getting beldum for you. I love puzzles so it will be fun. (i've gotten beldum before). As long as u have a ghost type it will be a piece of cake.

Edited by H.P. Doom